Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V8 LT1 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

AWE Tuning

Old 05-01-2023, 10:27 PM   #1
CJZ-SS1LE

Drives: 2022 camaro SS 1LE
Cam selection

Really tryin to see which way to go with my cam selection 2022 camaro SS 1LE A10. The car is a daily driver no track fun spirited driving is all. Stop light fun and such not needing to be the fastest by any means or id go forced induction

Current mods

MSD intake manny
Katech 103mm tb
Rotofab intake
Kooks 1 7/8 headers high flow cats
Taylor custom wires
Npp exhaust
Dyno tuned.

I want it to have good low end with great mid and awesome top end. Mostly lookin for more top end. I dont wanna change my stall either. I have decided on btr springs, titanium springs, Katech c5r chain, lmr chain guide, btr push rods, johnson lifters, dod delete, and the 3 cams i have been torn between been thinking bout the katech oil pump too dont know if the newer cars suffer from the oil pump failure some of the earlier models did. Anyway cams ive been eyeballing thought it would be cool to keep the vvt an use it

Katech torquer
Btr 220
Btr 225 (but thats probably limit for stock stall)

I dont see a real return on 2500-3000 for ported heads maybe 15 to 20 rwhp over the stock. An the cams im looking at dont really have lifts big enough to make much use of them. Correct me if im wrong, anyone see a fault in my plans an have some advice im open to suggestions especially from those that have done either of these cams. Dont wanna beat up the valve seats or break a valve and i k ow btr n katech are designing using spintron to avoid this issue.
CJZ-SS1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2023, 07:03 AM   #2
Katech_Mike

Drives: 2015 Camaro ZL1
CNC ported heads are cheaper than you think.

https://katechengines.com/i-30498128...der-heads.html

$1,800 for brand new heads with valves and BTR springs. The spring kit retails for $310 so you're essentially getting the heads for $1,489.

Not to mention you will have the complete set of heads off of your engine to sell as well.
Katech_Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2023, 07:54 AM   #3
KingLT1

Drives: 2016 1SS NFG A8
I would do heads if in the budget. Looking at flow number at the upper end doesn't tell the entire story. The low and mid lift increases are where it's at. Heads and Katech Torquer or BTR220 would be an excellent combo.
Per. times- 10.5 @ 137 w/ 1.8 60ft Full weight on 20's 1200DA
KingLT1 is offline   Reply With Quote