Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Rockies / Midwest

Old 06-05-2014, 08:09 PM   #6833
Obsessive Camaro Disorder

Drives: 69 Camaro and 92 RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanR3KC View Post
I'll be in Boone Thursday night to make up drill. Who's going to Marshalltown on Saturday? Is this strictly an AutoX event or is there some track passes too?
track passes? i don't know what you mean. I'm from marshalltown and have been running with this group for 3 years. I will be there satruday rain or shine with my purple haze 92 camaro. ANYONE GOING MAKE SURE YOUR THERE BY 9AM!!

The autoX is run on the track, no cones in a parking lot, no shagging cones. only helpers needed are a flagger and a another down in the staging area and they pay you for your help!
$25 to race, FREE to watch!! Bring lawn chairs and a canopy tent if you have one. The event will run rain or shine, if its raining you will need a place to put the stuff (loose items from trunk and cabin) from your car where it won't get wet like a tupperware tote.

Hope this answers your questions. here is a link.
http://www.nqsperformance.com/Pages/...2014.aspx.html
If it's done cheap and fast, it isn't going to be good.

Last edited by Obsessive Camaro Disorder; 06-05-2014 at 08:23 PM.
Obsessive Camaro Disorder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2014, 09:06 PM   #6834
HRD_WRK
HARD WORKING PATRIOT

Drives: 2011 CAMARO 2SS RS-AUTO
Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanR3KC View Post
I'll be in Boone Thursday night to make up drill. Who's going to Marshalltown on Saturday? Is this strictly an AutoX event or is there some track passes too?
No, there are no straight drag track/passes available at this event.
Old 06-05-2014, 09:11 PM   #6835
HRD_WRK
HARD WORKING PATRIOT

Quote:
Originally Posted by HRD_WRK View Post
Just changed wheels from Atlanta race back to stockers for some Autox. Did a quick detail, less tire rubber.
I will be going to Palo this Thursday for car Meet n greet (if its still on) or at least some ICE cream at a Dairy Queen or both.
Could meet various places such as Sams and drive in together. Ill be leaving the house at 545pm. It will most likely be buggy so appropriate dress/hat attire would help.

Send me a pm , text, or FB msg if interested or just show up there.
Tim
Good to see a few guys make it out-it was a nice evening, great brauts, and good conversations.
Old 06-05-2014, 09:23 PM   #6836
HRD_WRK
HARD WORKING PATRIOT

Attention

We are attempting to get a 5th Gen Camaro photo Op with a B17 WW Bomber at CR airport friday evening (or anytime they'll let us.)
We did this before with FIFI-It was awesome.

Post here or send me a msg if you are interested. We will be asking them at lunch tommorrow and will need a car count.

We do not have a time set yet. Will know during lunch hour after onsite inquiry.
Thanks

1-Tim
2-Scott

Last edited by HRD_WRK; 06-05-2014 at 10:23 PM.
HRD_WRK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2014, 09:54 PM   #6837
white1LE

Drives: 2013 Camaro ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by HRD_WRK View Post
Attention

We are attempting to get a 5th Gen Camaro photo Op with a B17 WW Bomber at CR airport friday evening (or anytime they'll let us.)
We did this before with FIFI-It was awesome.

Post here or send me a msg if you are interested. We will be asking them at lunch tommorrow and will need a car count.

Thanks

1-Tim
2-Scott
What time Tim? Work til 6 so be tough to make it there.
white1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2014, 10:30 PM   #6838
HRD_WRK
HARD WORKING PATRIOT

ATTENTION NOTE:
In order to get them to agree, they rightfully would request a donation for their cause, which we did last time also.
They charge 400$ plus for a flight.
We would split a nominal fee equally between those in the photo op.
Last time we gave them $200 total.
WW planes are dear to many of us. we're appreciative of their efforts to meet our request and the least we can do is show it thru our contribution.

We will post up asap on go/no go and time.
Old 06-05-2014, 11:25 PM   #6839
rberns

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS
I work Friday so I won't make it to this one.

Great evening car cruise with some good people, good food, nice cars and good conversations.
2011 Camaro 2SS/RS, Circle D 3200, ADM Transmission Cooler, BTR Valvetrain, Cam Motion .621 .595 228/244 113+4, ARH 1 7/8 full exhaust, Cold Air Inductions, Katech C5R TC, Melling HV, BTR SLR lifters, Trunion Upgrade, LS2 Dampner, LS9 head gaskets, Bo White PTB, MM can, GFX, Subs, B&M Deep transmission pan,
Holley fuel rail, Proform valve covers, relocated coil packs
rberns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2014, 03:12 AM   #6840
rberns

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS
I just read the news that the guy on the motor bike did rear end the mini van and flew off the bike. He is in critical condition but still alive. He was flown to University of Iowa hospital.
2011 Camaro 2SS/RS, Circle D 3200, ADM Transmission Cooler, BTR Valvetrain, Cam Motion .621 .595 228/244 113+4, ARH 1 7/8 full exhaust, Cold Air Inductions, Katech C5R TC, Melling HV, BTR SLR lifters, Trunion Upgrade, LS2 Dampner, LS9 head gaskets, Bo White PTB, MM can, GFX, Subs, B&M Deep transmission pan,
Holley fuel rail, Proform valve covers, relocated coil packs
rberns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2014, 10:57 AM   #6841
HRD_WRK
HARD WORKING PATRIOT

zB17 time update

FB Excerpt from Scott (thanks buddy):

O.K. WE HAVE A GO! HERE ARE OUR OPTIONS: Tonight after 5. Saturday morning 8 am.

Just spoke to the local commander representative in Iowa and he is all for it for the donation to the B-17. The pictures last year with FIFI really made some people upset that they could not get there in time/Short notice. Here we have an opportunity to get them in front of one of only 13 airworthy B17's in the world.
I need numbers to give Tim Bush at EAA Iowa to give them an idea as to the Donation and the number of cars involved. We obviously cannot have the bird for a ton of time with tours and flights starting. Please update the list above with a FIRM yes and the DAY THAT WORKS BEST FOR YOU!!! GO!

Forcast is 40% chance rain Sat 7a-1p and 66% after 1pm.

Cut off for determining day is 3pm, in order for Scott to provide head count.
Tim
Old 06-06-2014, 12:36 PM   #6842
leafspring

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS White
Hello, newer to Camaro5, and my Camaro as far as that goes. Former GM master tech, been out of it for 10 years now. Just bought a 2010 SS, white with bigger center stripe, and hockey stripes. At first I really wasn't wild about the stripes, and wanted to take them off and put rally stripes on, now they have kind of grown on me, and you don't see many with that particular stripe package.
Is anyone on here from northern Iowa?

Do any of you go to Clear Lakes car show in August?
leafspring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2014, 01:53 PM   #6843
LahmannSS

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS L99 "The Reaper"
Welcome Leafspring! I too am fairly new to Camaro5...had the car a while. BenningJ (Jason) and myself both live in Cedar Falls which is kinda close to you. Not sure about the Clear Lake car show, might be interested in heading that way this year. I am sure we will see you around

MODS:
Texas Speed 1 7/8" long tubes, not cats | Borla S-type catback with X pipe | K&N Typhoon intake | FBM Tune | B&M 20,000btu tranny cooler | BMR split drop lowering springs | 20" black chrome Havoc wheels | gloss black calipers | smoked tail lights | black bowties | 25% window tint | debadged

Best time slip: 12.902 @107.24mph 1.964 60'
LahmannSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2014, 02:02 PM   #6844
BenningJ

Drives: 2013 AGM 1SS/RS LS3
Welcome Leafspring. There are a few locals here in the CF area.
| LS3 | CAI Inductions, Inc Intake | Vmax Ported Throttle Body | Dynatech 1.875" Long Tube Headers | Apex Scoop & Washer Bottle Relocation | Lethal Racing Night Fury Cam | BTR 7.400" Push Rods |LS2 Dampener | Melling 10296 Oil Pump | IWIS Chain | BTR .660" Dual Valve Springs | BTR Trunion Upgrade Kit | Lethal Racing Tuned | Anvil Notch Spoiler | BMR Split Drop Springs | Eaton TrueTrac | GM 3.91 Gears | LPW Diff Cover | Rohana RF2 275/40 20x10F 315/35 20x11R | BMR Polyurethane Motor Mounts
BenningJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2014, 02:03 PM   #6845
isu_chevybowtie
Camaro dreamin'

Drives: 2015 Chevy Camaro LT RS M6

I just posted this on the Facebook page too. Wanted to get this out there incase anyone was wanting to get out with their cars on Sunday. Don't think I will be there but have a good time if you go!
isu_chevybowtie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2014, 03:11 PM   #6846
HRD_WRK
HARD WORKING PATRIOT

B17 meet time

Looks like we are going to try for tonight to ensure mother nature doesnt fool us.
We are heading over to arrive around 545. Scott will arrive early to secure the deal. Please bring some 5/10s bills for donation and settle with Scott.
They offered let us stay a while as people trickle in. We do not have a cut off tome to over- delay your arrival at your own risk. Bring your camera. I will be taking pictures of everyone though if you forget. No need for spotless clean-pictures are from wide view.
If you get this late, stop out of you want to-with or without Camaro. Since its Friday, I'd think we would chat afterwards for a while.
Cheers.