Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic modifications (exterior and interior)

AWE Tuning

Old 07-27-2018, 08:48 AM   #29
BrianL

Drives: 2016 2SS, Red Hot, NPP, Nav, M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyl3r View Post
That is great for you! However, the CDC estimates that guns are used 500k - 2mill times A YEAR for self-defense. I hope to never be threatened as well. There is nothing wrong with people wanting to defend themselves and their family in the best way possible.

Yes, I suppose me and my entire family have been fortunate, but in all my 65 years, not once did I wish I had been carrying in some minor confrontation I have been involved in.

To be clear, I am not anti-2nd amendment. I have a few handguns and they are in my house, locked up. I just see way too many hotheads or people that had a drink or two, and having a gun in their car sounds like a volatile mix. Be safe and sane out there. Think before you carry as things can escalate very quickly with unintentional and life changing results is just my personal belief.

By the way, that same CDC study cited and the NRA pushes out from time to time also says "In conclusion, the application of imperfect methods to imperfect data has commonly resulted in inconsistent and otherwise insufficient evidence with which to determine the effectiveness of firearms laws in modifying violent outcomes." and " In summary, the Task Force found insufficient evidence to determine the effectiveness of any of the firearms laws reviewed for preventing violence. References and key findings are listed"
BrianL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2018, 09:13 AM   #30
Bad Anvil Garage

Drives: 2000 GMPPSV SS & 2017 ILE SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianL View Post
"I just see way too many hotheads or people that had a drink or two, and having a gun in their car sounds like a volatile mix. Be safe and sane out there. Think before you carry as things can escalate very quickly with unintentional and life changing results is just my personal belief."
I know some people just can't handle their liquor but NEVER in a million years, no matter how much I've had to drink, would I ever draw a pistol unless my life depended on it. I just don't understand why some do but alcohol just doesn't make me stupid no matter how much I've had.
Bad Anvil Garage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2018, 09:48 AM   #31
Oil Man

Drives: 2016 2SS, 2018 ZL1 A10 (RIPx2)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkC View Post
An IWB holster tucked into the pouch behind the passenger seat seems to work pretty well, or just drop it in the pouch
Seconded. A Commander-framed 1911 fits in that pouch rather nicely.

It won't rattle loose, or get launched during a collision because it's mounted directly in front of an airbag, and it's in a location favorable to getting my strong hand on it if I needed it.

I mean... in theory. If I carried concealed in my car. Which I don't, mind you. Because that's not legal here. Just sayin'.
Oil Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2018, 09:59 AM   #32
SDG23

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS M6
Since I usually ride by myself, I'll just lay it in the passenger seat, that or keep the G27 wedged between the passenger seat and center console for quick access if needed. When I get out of the car, it's on me.

I know some folks just don't like guns or aren't accustomed to them, but for me, it's with me everywhere I go. When I leave the house, it's car keys, phone, wallet and gun, it's just natural. I couldn't imagine living in a place where some higher up decided for me that I can't protect myself, what a shame and it's completely unconstitutional.
Old 07-27-2018, 10:03 AM   #33
VinnAY
Account Suspended

Drives: 18 1SS/1LE
Now that I've been carrying for 5+ years I'm naked without it. Times I was glad I had it, it's been comforting, and distressing when I've not had it. Though I've not yet thankfully been pressed in to a situation where I was directly vulnerable.
VinnAY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2018, 10:17 AM   #34
Alanarchy

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS NGM, 2015 Murano Plt
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJP View Post
This is the type of mount I'd like to see. I have similiar in my Truck.
That`s the Gum Creek mount.
Alanarchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2018, 10:28 AM   #35
crosive

Drives: 18 zl1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alanarchy View Post
That`s the Gum Creek mount.
I had one of these in a kia forte5. it worked well for what it was
crosive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2018, 11:31 AM   #36
ToeKnee Sea

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS 1LE
Honestly i'm blown away by the number of guys on this thread that carry a gun in their car. If you feel the need to carry and gun in your car then I have to wonder about where you all hang out that you need a gun or where you live that you cant go for a ride without feeling like to need to be "protected". I have guns, rifles, etc. but I never once thought about having one or needing one in the car.
If I felt because of my surroundings, I needed a gun in the car, i'd move and change my environment. To each is own but, lay off the protection angle - it's transparent and a convenient excuse.
ToeKnee Sea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2018, 11:55 AM   #37
Bad Anvil Garage

Good to see that the condescending remark was removed.
Old 07-27-2018, 12:54 PM   #38
MJP

Drives: 2018 Camaro 1LE Summit White
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyl3r View Post
That is great for you! However, the CDC estimates that guns are used 500k - 2mill times A YEAR for self-defense. I hope to never be threatened as well. There is nothing wrong with people wanting to defend themselves and their family in the best way possible.

Exactly.
The media seldom reports the good that comes about with firearms.
I've lived in my town of 3200 for close to 15 years.
In that time period, we've had only one structure fire. It took out a rather large barn and horse stables.
2-4 garage fires.
A whole S load of grass fires.

How many in my town including myself, have dropped their homeowners fire coverage?
( I don't think anyone has )

Seriously, looking at these numbers what are the odds that my house is going to burn?
How many even have a family member who has had their home burn?
Why not just drop your homeowners insurance policy all together?

When was the last time your home was broken into?
I can bet no one here has the nuts to drop their homeowners insurance policy.. MYSELF included!
MJP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2018, 12:57 PM   #39
mcintyre1969

Drives: 1968 SS/RS, 2006 H2 2016 2SS White
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToeKnee Sea View Post
Honestly i'm blown away by the number of guys on this thread that carry a gun in their car. If you feel the need to carry and gun in your car then I have to wonder about where you all hang out that you need a gun or where you live that you cant go for a ride without feeling like to need to be "protected". I have guns, rifles, etc. but I never once thought about having one or needing one in the car.
If I felt because of my surroundings, I needed a gun in the car, i'd move and change my environment. To each is own but, lay off the protection angle - it's transparent and a convenient excuse.
Reginald Denny, that is why for me.
Old 07-27-2018, 01:11 PM   #40
MJP

Drives: 2018 Camaro 1LE Summit White
Just think about my last post for a moment.

99.9% here including myself make sure that the Homeowners insurance policy is current and paid up to date.
The odds?
There is little to no chance that you'll ever have to use that policy.
Why are we so concerned about this Policy?
It's to pay out and replace all of my ""material goods"".
Replace my toys.

Replace my home.
Replace my big screen TV.
Replace my man cave in the basement.
We have similiar odds that the day may never come where you would have to defend yourself or family while using a firearm.

You cannot be replaced.
Your family cannot be replaced with any insurance policy.
You are the Insurance Policy.

Yet, we have a few that will gamble and take their chances when it comes to Lethal force with a Firearm.
MJP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2018, 01:54 PM   #41
Bad Anvil Garage

Besides,,, a real man protects his family. Bad guys don't wait for the cops to show up before they proceed.
Old 07-27-2018, 01:54 PM   #42
ninetres

Drives: Crush ZLE M6 | 2000 Corvette FRC
I love the “it’s never happened to me”, or “change your environment if it’s dangerous” answer for not carrying a firearm. That’s fantastic you’ve never been vicitimized. But to be so shortsighted to ignore the reality that people are victimized this country, every single day is fairly ignorant. Just this week my local police dept arrested a man who kidnapped, and raped a woman while she held a 1-year old she was babysitting. This happened in broad daylight, in a neighborhood filled with million+ Dollar homes in the nicest part of town. Things can happen when you least expect it. I’m not sure where you can ensure risk to yourself or your family doesn’t exist. Malls? Shopping centers? Sports events/concerts? Your home? Risk exists everywhere.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/abc30.c...resno/3822807/

(Warning: if you watch the police chiefs presser get some kellenex. The details are heinous.)
ninetres is offline   Reply With Quote