Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

Phastek Performance

Old 07-18-2018, 08:28 PM   #99
Koldunic

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by meSSohappy View Post
Confirmed at my dealer yesterday:
$17/liter at my dealer is their cost. Not available yet for at least 2 weeks. Not covered under warranty oil changes. None of these bulletins apply to Canadian cars. I am on my own :(
WTF! I will check with my dealer when I get the car.
Koldunic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2018, 08:49 AM   #100
F1FTY

Drives: 2018 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alain View Post
Glad you found a dealership to take care of you.

In case the other dealership gives you a bunch of none sense, you don’t need much to do the rear differenrial fluid change

A jack, two jack stands and a 3/8 drive ratchet is all you need. You DONT EVEN NEED SOCKETS!!!
Wow, no socket? That's a first!

Thank you

My hesitation is with lifting this car and putting it on jack stands....I have one ZL1 add-ons hockey puck to use and I'm still unsure where to safely place the jackstands on this car while I jack it up from the side...I need to read more about it.
F1FTY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2018, 10:19 AM   #101
Alain

Drives: 2016 Challenger Hellcat, 2018 ZL1LE
Jacking up the car is definitely the hardest part of the job.

Put the jack in the middle jacking point (there are three slots on the side skirts in each side of the car). If you jack the car up from the middle one it will raise both front and rear wheels off the ground.

Once one side of the car is up in the air, place your jack stand near the rear pinch weld (rear jacking spot). Lower the car and go do the other side.

That should be the safest way to do it without damaging anything on the underbody.

2018 ZL1 1LE/Red hot

2019 Shellby GT 350R/ Oxford white/ Matte Black Stripes/ Carbon Fiber Dash/ Electronics Package #413
Alain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2018, 10:53 AM   #102
F1FTY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alain View Post
Jacking up the car is definitely the hardest part of the job.

Put the jack in the middle jacking point (there are three slots on the side skirts in each side of the car). If you jack the car up from the middle one it will raise both front and rear wheels off the ground.

Once one side of the car is up in the air, place your jack stand near the rear pinch weld (rear jacking spot). Lower the car and go do the other side.

That should be the safest way to do it without damaging anything on the underbody.
Thank you, that is extremely helpful! I was looking at rear subframe or some other way to do it but this makes it easy. Thanks again!
Old 07-19-2018, 11:21 AM   #103
Can'tHave2MuchHP

Drives: Fast
Quote:
Originally Posted by F1FTY View Post
Thank you, that is extremely helpful! I was looking at rear subframe or some other way to do it but this makes it easy. Thanks again!
You can also put a jack under the rear diff which makes it really easy for just lifting up the rear end. Jack the diff + place 1 jack on each side on the rear pinch weld locations with one of the lifting pad tools. Don't jack anywhere else. If you're using a 4 point lift you can get away with some of the lifting points elsewhere. But if jacking, your only options are the pinch welds.
Can'tHave2MuchHP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2018, 03:09 PM   #104
Alain

Drives: 2016 Challenger Hellcat, 2018 ZL1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Can'tHave2MuchHP View Post
You can also put a jack under the rear diff which makes it really easy for just lifting up the rear end. Jack the diff + place 1 jack on each side on the rear pinch weld locations with one of the lifting pad tools. Don't jack anywhere else. If you're using a 4 point lift you can get away with some of the lifting points elsewhere. But if jacking, your only options are the pinch welds.
Yep, if there are no cooling fins on the bottom of the rear differential you can also jack the car there.

2018 ZL1 1LE/Red hot

2019 Shellby GT 350R/ Oxford white/ Matte Black Stripes/ Carbon Fiber Dash/ Electronics Package #413
Alain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2018, 07:28 AM   #105
F1FTY

Quote:
Perfect, thank you both!
Old 07-26-2018, 11:43 AM   #106
C10_ustacould

Drives: 2018 ZL1 Garnet Metallic A10
Does anyone know a ballpark cost for the differential service?

Dealer ordered the new oil cap today, getting my 1500 mile oil change and diff fluid change on Saturday. Once those are done I should be ready to take it to the local dragway! My dealer has been very helpful and accomodating with the change to the 0-40 oil but I think I'll be doing the oil changes myself in the future.

"I don't anymore, but I ustacould!"

2018 ZL1 Garnet Metallic
C10_ustacould is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2018, 12:51 PM   #107
Can'tHave2MuchHP

Drives: Fast
Quote:
Originally Posted by C10_ustacould View Post

Dealer ordered the new oil cap today, getting my 1500 mile oil change and diff fluid change on Saturday. Once those are done I should be ready to take it to the local dragway! My dealer has been very helpful and accomodating with the change to the 0-40 oil but I think I'll be doing the oil changes myself in the future.
Cost for the dealer or cost for you? For you, all you'd need is 2 quarts of Diff Fluid (Part numbers in original post, you can order it online or through your dealers parts department) and a quart pump to pump the fluid from the bottles into the top of the diff ($5-$10 max). If you already have jacks or race ramps or something to lift the car up, cost of doing the diff is probably $50-$75 tops.
Can'tHave2MuchHP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2018, 01:11 PM   #108
C10_ustacould

Drives: 2018 ZL1 Garnet Metallic A10
Quote:
Cost for the dealer or cost for you? For you, all you'd need is 2 quarts of Diff Fluid (Part numbers in original post, you can order it online or through your dealers parts department) and a quart pump to pump the fluid from the bottles into the top of the diff ($5-$10 max). If you already have jacks or race ramps or something to lift the car up, cost of doing the diff is probably $50-$75 tops.
Thanks.

"I don't anymore, but I ustacould!"

2018 ZL1 Garnet Metallic
C10_ustacould is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2018, 01:35 PM   #109
F1FTY

Quote:
Originally Posted by C10_ustacould View Post

$91 for the differential service at the dealer I found that would do the job. It was done within 45 minutes to an hour.

$58 for the fluid from the original dealer that wouldn't do the work. 2 quarts of fluid, can be found online much cheaper from quick searching.
Old 08-01-2018, 08:29 PM   #110
01cbr929

Drives: Which one?
Where in the owners manual do I find these prescribed 500/1500 mile oil changes(zle)? I cant find it!
01cbr929 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2018, 12:31 PM   #111
Snakebt6

Drives: Rally Green 2020 ZL1 1LE A10
Look in the break in section. There is also a performance supplement.
Snakebt6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2018, 11:08 AM   #112
Chris C 1SS 1LE

Drives: 2017 1LE
Quote:
Odd. Still works for me. Here's a screenshot of what it is though. Sent from GM Customer Care & Aftersales.
Note what it says about 1LE. Appreciate link. Printed and in my file.

Chris.