Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 6th gen Camaro vs...

Phastek Performance

Thread Closed

Old 11-19-2017, 12:53 AM   #29
KingLT1

Drives: 2016 1SS NFG A8
Camaro had a muffler delete...Mustang groupies will use it as a crutch....just saying.
Per. times- 10.5 @ 137 w/ 1.8 60ft Full weight on 20's 1200DA
Old 11-19-2017, 01:59 AM   #30
Zeke.Malvo

Drives: 1969 Mustang MaCh1
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiGiam View Post
If you can't trap high at atco in the fall, you aren't making power. 119 is impressive but I trapped 116 bone stock in 85 degree weather in south ga. The cars are quick but I think the Ford boys are getting a little ahead of themselves. Hell they put on a drag pack, ran the gas low, took out the passenger and rear seats and ran 11.8..lol
Drag pack?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Old 11-19-2017, 02:38 AM   #31
ULTRAZLS1

Drives: 14 Silverado LTZ Z71, 16 Camaro SS
Quote:
If you can't trap high at atco in the fall, you aren't making power. 119 is impressive but I trapped 116 bone stock in 85 degree weather in south ga. The cars are quick but I think the Ford boys are getting a little ahead of themselves. Hell they put on a drag pack, ran the gas low, took out the passenger and rear seats and ran 11.8..lol
Don’t forget x pipe resonator delete and lowering springs as well.

11.8 is pretty decent considering. My car went 11.68@118 in slightly better DA. Drag pack, cai and ptb. But I’m 260 lbs. Their guy looked about 150

All in all pretty comparable but I don’t see it as quicker than the Camaro yet
Old 11-19-2017, 05:51 AM   #32
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 A10
Quote:
That made me laugh. I saw on the 6th gen Facebook group that a guy ran his stock camaro vs an 18 mustang gt and got him by a car every race.
The funniest thing is that at their best the GT can match of just edge out the Camaro by like 2 tenths. At the Camaro's best it can destroy the GT by at least half a second. The 4th Gen F-Bodys beat the GTs by bus loads...the introduction of the 5th Gen saw the Camaro destroy the GT by bus loads. Then the GT barely beat the SS. Then the 6th Gen Camaro again destroyed the GT by almost a full second. Now the GT seems to have match us again and it took 3 model years to do it lol!! Poor Mustangers...
Old 11-19-2017, 06:05 AM   #33
13vertss

Drives: 2013 Camaro convertible 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by ULTRAZLS1 View Post
Don’t forget x pipe resonator delete and lowering springs as well.

11.8 is pretty decent considering. My car went 11.68@118 in slightly better DA. Drag pack, cai and ptb. But I’m 260 lbs. Their guy looked about 150

All in all pretty comparable but I don’t see it as quicker than the Camaro yet
He was almost 11.9. 11.88 isn’t 11.8.
Old 11-19-2017, 06:55 AM   #34
SSfriendly
Banned

Drives: Looking
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingLT1 View Post
Camaro had a muffler delete...Mustang groupies will use it as a crutch....just saying.
Camaro cronies were saying 30psi of tire pressure meant the car wasn't stock when the MY18 GT ran almost 12 flat stock.
Old 11-19-2017, 07:07 AM   #35
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSfriendly View Post
Camaro cronies were saying 30psi of tire pressure meant the car wasn't stock when the MY18 GT ran almost 12 flat stock.
You exaggerate more than any woman I've ever dated.
Old 11-19-2017, 07:46 AM   #36
hotlap

Drives: 20 1LE 2SS M6 Rally Green
Quote:
Run the OE tires flat with pink valve stems if you think it will help. Hanging on that one point tells me the Mustangers' are already formulating excuses. The larger point was that there will be same day comparisons with all variables equal.

"the trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.”
Ronald Reagan -
Old 11-19-2017, 08:05 AM   #37
SSfriendly
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotlap View Post
Run the OE tires flat with pink valve stems if you think it will help. Hanging on that one point tells me the Mustangers' are already formulating excuses. The larger point was that there will be same day comparisons with all variables equal.
I'm not sure how me commenting on how "some" camaro folk claiming a car isn't stock by lowering the tire pressure relates to mustang folk formulating excuses.
Old 11-19-2017, 08:28 AM   #38
hotlap

Quote:
I'm not sure how me commenting on how "some" camaro folk claiming a car isn't stock by lowering the tire pressure relates to mustang folk formulating excuses.
The point made by one guy was that LMR (a Mustang shop) did a track rental and effed around until they hit 12.0 and that fanboys should hold off on the circle jerk until some professional evaluations are done. The kind done by (gasp) magazines. The kind where (gasp) they aren't going to eff around with air pressure. Altering your air pressure is allowed by the rules of this sites fast list. Rock on..

The excuses that will follow are that better tires are needed. That most Mustang GTs come with shity tires and if only.... Same story with Dodge boys.

"the trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.”
Ronald Reagan -
Old 11-19-2017, 08:52 AM   #39
SSfriendly
Banned

Quote:
The point made by one guy was that LMR (a Mustang shop) did a track rental and effed around until they hit 12.0 and that fanboys should hold off on the circle jerk until some professional evaluations are done. The kind done by (gasp) magazines. The kind where (gasp) they aren't going to eff around with air pressure. Altering your air pressure is allowed by the rules of this sites fast list. Rock on..

The excuses that will follow are that better tires are needed. That most Mustang GTs come with shity tires and if only.... Same story with Dodge boys.
They (LMR) made 6 runs and everyone on here seemed to think they made hundreds of runs and modified the car. Hell, I've made 15-20 runs hotlapping dragstrips on dead track nights.

IMHO, the train of thought that the car was somehow modified is much more outlandish than the thought that it is somehow the norm.

Why would a performance magazine...that sells performance part to make a car go faster try to make a stock car look faster than it really is? If anything else, you think they would try to make it look slower...which would make their aftermarket parts look better.
Old 11-19-2017, 09:56 AM   #40
hotlap

Quote:
They (LMR) made 6 runs and everyone on here seemed to think they made hundreds of runs and modified the car. Hell, I've made 15-20 runs hotlapping dragstrips on dead track nights.

IMHO, the train of thought that the car was somehow modified is much more outlandish than the thought that it is somehow the norm.

Why would a performance magazine...that sells performance part to make a car go faster try to make a stock car look faster than it really is? If anything else, you think they would try to make it look slower...which would make their aftermarket parts look better.
Again generalizing with "everyone". The larger point was that this result is from a Mustang shop so take it as that. In time there will be a body of data that will show what the "as delivered" car can do. The gamut of owner average, hero runs and magazines tests.

So, go ahead. Adjust your tire pressure boys! The point made by one was that professional reviews won't. Let it go.

I understand the enthusiasm for the new GT. The difference between a 12.0 and 12.9 second car is huge and not having to get there through the aftermarket and voiding your warranty is even better. That's what we've been saying since the fall of 2015.

Ronald Reagan -
Old 11-19-2017, 10:27 AM   #41
Chadicus

Drives: 2017 2SS M6
Quote:

Do you think it is a coincidence that they got their car and have already run it, and modified it before a single independent tester has gotten it? LMR, American Muscle, CJ Pony Parts and the like sell parts for Mustangs and Mustangs only. To make money off enthusiasts they need people to first buy the car. So they want it to look at least just as fast as the SS.
Old 11-19-2017, 10:44 AM   #42
SSfriendly
Banned

Quote:
Again generalizing with "everyone". The larger point was that this result is from a Mustang shop so take it as that. In time there will be a body of data that will show what the "as delivered" car can do. The gamut of owner average, hero runs and magazines tests.

So, go ahead. Adjust your tire pressure boys! The point made by one was that professional reviews won't. Let it go.

I understand the enthusiasm for the new GT. The difference between a 12.0 and 12.9 second car is huge and not having to get there through the aftermarket and voiding your warranty is even better. That's what we've been saying since the fall of 2015.
Right, and the alternate point was....you can't dismiss it because it was from a mustang shop.

Agree though, it's a wait and see game...but excuses on both fronts are lame.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chadicus View Post
Do you think it is a coincidence that they got their car and have already run it, and modified it before a single independent tester has gotten it? LMR, American Muscle, CJ Pony Parts and the like sell parts for Mustangs and Mustangs only. To make money off enthusiasts they need people to first buy the car. So they want it to look at least just as fast as the SS.
They bought the first vehicle they could. They even stated they would have like to have gotten a better version... but that was the first available. The fact that they were the first publish 1/4 mile numbers was excellent planning...as they had a dragstrip reserved and didn't have to wait until they opened on the weekends.

All other magazines and reviewers have to wait for a card from Ford to do an official review. They are all likely wrapping up their write-ups as we speak.

And in all honestly, it's in their best interest to sandbag the results of the MY18. They sell based off of performance delta. People aren't going to buy the car based off of their single review/results...at least not enough to support their entire aftermarket.

The mustang aftermarket makes more money when the mustang is slower than the camaro. People modify their cars to keep up with the Jonses. Hell, the new exhaust options they offer is likely going to put a significant dent in aftermarket sales.

Closed Thread