Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 6th gen Camaro vs...

Bigwormgraphix

Old 07-24-2017, 08:19 PM   #29
Mustang Fanboy
Account Suspended

Drives: Poop
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlaqWhole View Post
It takes more than matching the HP to be just as quick. Where is that extra hp and tq occurring at? If it is way up in the RPM band and you still have to rev the shit outta the car and it still has shitty axles, shitty tires, and a shitty torque converter then I doubt it'll be much faster than it is now.
With a similar 0-60 time and a similar HP to weight ration, why are you still arguing this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlaqWhole View Post
This is what I see happening. Ford continues to fight backwards while Chevy fights forward. The 6th Gen Camaro blew away the 5th Gen Camaro, the S197 Mustang, and even the S550 Mustang. I mean, Chevy was aiming like 10 years into the future it seems. Now here is Ford, instead of jumping ahead, they simply trying to match a 2 MY old design from Chevy. The new Mustang will basically be a lesser performing car because they're just trying to keep up instead of make a pass.
Dude, this is a mid cycle refresh...not the next generation. I think it's pretty safe to say the S650 as well as 7th gen camaro are going to come out swinging.
Mustang Fanboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2017, 08:23 PM   #30
Mustang Fanboy
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotlap View Post
If it was 3.94 or better, proper rounding would allow them to claim 3.9. Saying less than 4.0 means it must be between 3.95 and 3.99.

That's the facts.

https://www.calculatorsoup.com/calcu...ingnumbers.php
I don't think you're grasping my point. 0-60 times aren't measured or reported in 1/100ths of a second, therefore it's either a 4.0 or 3.9. Do you think when Ford publishes a 0-60 time that they are going to publish a number that no other manufacturer or publication uses?
Old 07-24-2017, 08:28 PM   #31
72MachOne99GT
Anthrax Popcorn User

Drives: 2013 GT500
Where's that Anthrax coated popcorn I asked for?

There are people arguing over hundredths of a second in here... is this real life?
Quote:
...if you want to compare performance numbers, well, the GT500 retains it's title of the highest hp, worst performing car in the world.
72MachOne99GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2017, 08:30 PM   #32
hotlap

Drives: 20 1LE 2SS M6 Rally Green
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang Fanboy View Post
I don't think you're grasping my point. 0-60 times aren't measured or reported in 1/100ths of a second, therefore it's either a 4.0 or 3.9. Do you think when Ford publishes a 0-60 time that they are going to publish a number that no other manufacturer or publication uses?
Re-read.

3.94 or lower = 3.9
3.95 to 3.99 = less than 4.0

It's that simple. It is somewhere between 3.95 and 3.99 of they damn sure would have said 3.9.

Silly really but I can't believe you insist 3.9 when they deliberately avoided say that.

"the trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.”
Ronald Reagan -
hotlap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2017, 08:31 PM   #33
13vertss

Drives: 2013 Camaro convertible 2SS/RS
Quote:
That just shows Ford wasn't close to 3.9, so they had to use the phrase, under 4.0. It's a simple concept, your just reading and hoping to much into it.
13vertss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2017, 08:32 PM   #34
ninetres

Drives: Crush ZLE M6 | 2000 Corvette FRC
Quote:
Re-read.

3.94 or lower = 3.9
3.95 to 3.99 = less than 4.0

It's that simple. It is somewhere between 3.95 and 3.99 of they damn sure would have said 3.9.

Silly really but I can't believe you insist 3.9 when they deliberately avoided say that.
Says who?

Technically a 3.91 isn't a "3.9". Where did you learn about acceptable ranges that allow manufacturers to make claims?
ninetres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2017, 08:38 PM   #35
hotlap

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninetres View Post
Says who?

Technically a 3.91 isn't a "3.9". Where did you learn about acceptable ranges that allow manufacturers to make claims?
I'm an engineer. There are global rounding standard. I gave him the link to a rounding calculator so you can see it for yourself easily.

3.9 is important to you so, between you and I, we'll ignore all that and go with 3.9.

"the trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.”
Ronald Reagan -
Old 07-24-2017, 08:39 PM   #36
KyleL

Drives: Slow
So what y'all reckon the ADM is gonna be on one of these? Lol
Old 07-24-2017, 08:42 PM   #37
ninetres

Drives: Crush ZLE M6 | 2000 Corvette FRC
Quote:
I'm an engineer. There are global rounding standard. I gave him the link to a rounding calculator so you can see it for yourself easily.

3.9 is important to you so, between you and I, we'll ignore all that and go with 3.9.
You don't have to be an engineer to understand elementary rounding. I didn't need your calculator. But I was just wondering how YOU KNOW FOR A FACT, manufactures can claim a 3.94 as a 3.9, but not a 3.95. You seem to be applying a basic rounding standard. How do you know the can't legally measure/publish to the 1/10th? Therefor a 3.99 is a 3.9 when measured to the 1/10th.

Just calling it like I see it. Was wondering why you seemed to be arguing like you knew for a fact what manufactures were allowed to publish.
ninetres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2017, 09:09 PM   #38
Mustang Fanboy
Account Suspended

Edited for civility.
Old 07-24-2017, 09:10 PM   #39
Degausser

Drives: 2010 Tundra
Should be a close race between an A8 SS and a A10 GT. I would wager the SS is still a tad bit quicker but I wouldn't mind having either!
Degausser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2017, 09:10 PM   #40
hotlap

Quote:
You don't have to be an engineer to understand elementary rounding. I didn't need your calculator. But I was just wondering how YOU KNOW FOR A FACT, manufactures can claim a 3.94 as a 3.9, but not a 3.95. You seem to be applying a basic rounding standard. How do you know the can't legally measure/publish to the 1/10th? Therefor a 3.99 is a 3.9 when measured to the 1/10th.

Just calling it like I see it. Was wondering why you seemed to be arguing like you knew for a fact what manufactures were allowed to publish.
If they could claim 3.9, there is no way they are saying less than 4.0. I'm applying basic rounding standard and reading between the lines of what was said.

I didn't mean to get snippy with you. I originally thought I was replying to Fanboy and then changed a "you" to a "him" when I realized my error.

Ronald Reagan -
Old 07-24-2017, 09:10 PM   #41
Mustang Fanboy
Account Suspended

Quote:

He doesn't, nor do I. I find it extremely humorous that as soon as the mustang is claimed to have a sub 4 second 0-60 time....they are claiming it should round up to 4.0. Whatever it takes to keep the dream alive I guess.
Old 07-24-2017, 09:13 PM   #42
hotlap

Quote:
Hmm, you're an engineer but your're quoting a grade school rounding calculator instead of ASME-E29 that uses different rounding principles?

I take it you don't deal with tolerance stack ups or any cad software then.

Hmm, you're an engineer but your're quoting a grade school rounding calculator instead of ASME-E29 that uses different rounding principles?

I take it you don't deal with tolerance stack ups or any cad software then.
Trying to bring it down to your level since you missed completely what 13vertss/r's was saying. Avoiding reading. Good grief.

Ronald Reagan -