Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic modifications (exterior and interior)

AWE Tuning

Old 12-22-2016, 08:40 AM   #15
CyberGuyPR

Drives: '16 vert 2LT RS NPP
They do look awesome but I would not be able to live with the infamous divot. I'm hoping there's some improvement before I commit.
CyberGuyPR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2016, 09:20 AM   #16
BrianL

Drives: 2016 2SS, Red Hot, NPP, Nav, M6
The sink marks should have been adjusted out with mold temperature & pressure settings. if they can't, it's a sign of a poorly designed tool where the material flow was improperly designed. I bet there is a thicker plastic feature right behind where that mark is (like a post for screws to mount to). When the part cools, the thicker post (called a boss) shrinks at a different rate then the surrounding area. These days with predictive flow analysis software for tooling design, this just doesn't need to happen.

Yea, I'm in QA, so have dealt with this type of crap for decades...

Personally, I would complain about it. i would bet that can be improved with adjustments during the injection process.
BrianL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2016, 09:34 AM   #17
keon718nyc

Drives: Challenger SP Shaker/Arcadia Denali
Maybe the company see no issues with the divots in the markers and that's why they shipped out? That sucks for you all who paid for quality at that price. I can see also the lighter colors showing this more pronounced. After looking at the photos it does look like someone dinged it looking at it installed on the car. I would be heated for sure...
keon718nyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2016, 10:17 AM   #18
8675309’SS

Drives: 2017 2SS M6 Silver Ice Metallic
Oh man. This is a bummer.

My First Camaro! 2017 2SS 6M, Silver Ice Metallic, 20" Low Gloss Black Wheels, Red Fender Hashes, Ground FX, NPP, MRC, Sunroof, Black Bowties. Ordered 4-22-16, Picked up 7-16-16.
8675309’SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2016, 12:11 PM   #19
Obzen
Pull up Cougar!

Drives: 2016 2SS
Oracles pricing never matches their quality. Has been this way since the 5th gens. They sell "good enough" products at custom shop prices. Hopefully they'll fix it for ya.
Obzen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2016, 05:51 PM   #20
Wolfco13

Drives: 45th RS Vert, 50th SS Coupe

I ordered the 5th Gen version of these during that introductory group buy. They look great!
I just did a critical inspection for this and under a microscope, I did notice a negligible amount of shrinkage at some edges and 1 slight dimple on 1 light, none of which is as bad as yours.
I have not used Oracle products for ALL of my lighting, but some things are worth the price for the warranty/peace of mind. Quality at that price is paramount!

Maybe it's just as well that I missed this group buy. I'll have to wait and watch.
Old 12-22-2016, 06:34 PM   #21
SixgenSix

Drives: 2020 SHOCK SS 1LE
$400 for a finished product that looks like that? No Thank You. Great idea, bad presentation.
SixgenSix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2016, 08:42 PM   #22
MR 45TH

Drives: 2018 ZL1
Still waiting on mine to arrive but will be returned if they look that bad. That's very noticeable!
Old 12-22-2016, 09:26 PM   #23
cooden

Drives: '16 Camaro 2SS & '15 Durango R/T
The more responses I read on this thread, the more annoyed I get. First, I didn't pre-order these or have any intention of ordering the Oracle side markers--I didn't like the design/look of them. But what pisses me off is that people paid good money for these and they look like some 10-year old made them with a homemade 3-D printer. Why hasn't Oracle commented on this thread? What is Oracles official statement? Are they giving people refunds to return them OR massive discounts to keep them? Oracle should be bending over backwards to show how good their customer service is and to hopefully not lose any future customers. I know for a fact that I won't be buying any Oracle products at all.
cooden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2016, 09:48 PM   #24
chozn4service

Drives: 2016 SS w/2SS A8 Blue Velvet
I will say that I have contacted them, AAC Oracle early this morning while sitting in my office at the Governors Residence (Pence) and one of the Secret Service guys in the office with said I looked really involved or intense while writing my email. I've yet to get a response and I hyperlinked this thread as well as the original Group Buy thread so they could read the comments, see the pics and comment.
Like I said, the paint on mine are perfect, the seams looked to be sealed like OEM but I do have a couple of divots at the corners and middle along the edge. $400 I want perfection no doubt. I do beg to differ with cooden about "10-year old made 3-D printer". You obviously haven't seen the offering that Showstoppers came out with first.
Below are their offerings and that is not what wanted. I'm not trying to pit one against the other either but I will say it again, for what we paid I expect no issues out the box. There should be no divots, ripples, indentions or molding discrepancies!
I would like to hear from AAC on the issue, what can be done in the form of remedy, relief or resolution.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 12-22-2016, 09:55 PM   #25
cooden

Drives: '16 Camaro 2SS & '15 Durango R/T
Quote:
Originally Posted by chozn4service View Post
I will say that I have contacted them, AAC Oracle early this morning while sitting in my office at the Governors Residence (Pence) and one of the Secret Service guys in the office with said I looked really involved or intense while writing my email. I've yet to get a response and I hyperlinked this thread as well as the original Group Buy thread so they could read the comments, see the pics and comment.
Like I said, the paint on mine are perfect, the seams looked to be sealed like OEM but I do have a couple of divots at the corners and middle along the edge. $400 I want perfection no doubt. I do beg to differ with cooden about "10-year old made 3-D printer". You obviously haven't seen the offering that Showstoppers came out with first.
Below are their offerings and that is not what wanted. I'm not trying to pit one against the other either but I will say it again, for what we paid I expect no issues out the box. There should be no divots, ripples, indentions or molding discrepancies!
I would like to hear from AAC on the issue, what can be done in the form of remedy, relief or resolution.

First, tell Pence & Trump I voted for them and to keep kicking ass! I don't know what you do, but leave a note on his desk at least

Secondly, are you saying that the pictures you posted are from another company? If they are, I didn't know about them. My problem is that Oracle is charging a lot of money and the side markers should be flawless. Keep everyone updated on what you hear back.
cooden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2016, 10:03 PM   #26
chozn4service

Drives: 2016 SS w/2SS A8 Blue Velvet
The pictures I posted are what Showstoppers offered and it's a far cry from what I wanted and why I opted for AAC. I just want to show what someone on that group buy said exactly what you said about a 10-year making and he even added he could do better in his garage. That thread has gone quiet.
I had been in touch with Oracle since June when I got my GenSix about sidemarkers they are so close. It's just these little flaws that are showing and we all deserve answers.

Side note: I'm executive protection state police working jointly with USSS since Pence got the nomination and now VP Elect.

Old 12-22-2016, 10:04 PM   #27
Eric SS
#becauseracecar

Drives: 2016 SS Sedan, 2016 Camaro SS
Any company that would send something like that out will never get my business. Even just the bare minimum of QA and caring about your customers at all would stop a reputable company from sending those out.
Eric SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2016, 07:25 AM   #28
camaromike77

Drives: S O L D
Wow. This is beyond disappointing to say the least. Mine arrived last night, but I have not picked them up yet. I had them sent to a U.S. address in Detroit, so I will be picking them up next Thursday........... Now I'm a bit nervous getting them. Hope I'm not disappointed........... Been wanting these since I ordered my Camaro in the Fall..........
Borla S-Type exhaust NPP| GM CAI | Color matched GM side skirts | Color matched 3rd brake light | Big Worm Graphics smoked out tail lights & rear reflectors | Oracle ghosted side markers | LED License plate bulbs | Door striker covers | Jam handle | Engine emblems from RiverCity Creations | 50th Center Console | Black bow ties | Hawk Performance ceramic brake pads | ZL1 Start button | CQuartz ceramic paint finish | Novistretch bra | S O L D
camaromike77 is offline   Reply With Quote