Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 6th gen Camaro vs...

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 11-02-2015, 09:22 PM   #15
SpookShow'84
Bump in the night

Drives: '84 Monte Carlo SS, '15 Optima
What will happen when they launch a new chassis and motor and GM moves the lt1 to 416ci. A stroker zl1 is mind boggling.
Old 11-03-2015, 12:11 PM   #16
hotlap

Drives: 20 1LE 2SS M6 Rally Green
Check this out. Looks like thePill has a staff now. "thePill Inc.", "We"
Attached Images

"the trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.”
Ronald Reagan -
hotlap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2015, 12:19 PM   #17
brutusvk

Drives: future 2016 SS
These folks need a real life. Maybe lack of friends and/or family does this to you. Sad. I picture a teenager to be honest.
brutusvk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2015, 02:31 PM   #18
BoostedX2

Drives: VR ZL1 #259/Nissan 370Z NISMO
Is the Pill an engineer!!!! HA HA HA HA HA!!!!
BoostedX2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2015, 10:20 AM   #19
Number 3
Hail to the King baby!

Drives: '19 XT4 2.0T & '22 VW Atlas 2.0T
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoostedX2 View Post
Is the Pill an engineer!!!! HA HA HA HA HA!!!!
He is very good at parroting information on the internet or press releases just well enough to sound like he knows what he is talking about...............to an audience that really knows nothing about engineering an automobile and putting it into production. If you are a super fanboy and have no experience in product development..................he can sound almost factual.

However, I have that experience and education and to me he just sounds like a fanboy that wants to believe his view of the world is true and create a basis of semi facts and fabrications that make it seem plausible.

I've never seen him post his credentials. I have.

But who knows, he could be the Mustang Chief Engineer for all I know.

Not sure why they can't accept the Mustang is a great coupe and if you move up to the GT350 it's also an awesome performance car. They have nothing to be worried about. Just happens the Camaro will run all over a GT regardless of weight conspiracies. And I'm pretty sure you are grasping at straws if you think every major magazine and internet review has been bought and paid for. There should be at least one that would show the Mustang winning something other than trunk space and rear seat room.
Old 11-10-2015, 12:26 PM   #20
huggercamaro21
Sales Manager for Chevy

Drives: Tahoe RST
http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/show...34226&page=135

A guy has weighed a base 1SS and it comes exactly what Chevy said it would. Just thought I would let you get your popcorn ready!
huggercamaro21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2015, 12:32 PM   #21
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by huggercamaro21 View Post

A guy has weighed a base 1SS and it comes exactly what Chevy said it would. Just thought I would let you get your popcorn ready!
He has no where to go now, other than denial, which he can do until someone else (not one of the Find New Roads cars) is weighed again...which will happen.

Whats funny, is that the last time I was looking at that forum, is that Pill was claiming that he was trying to find an ATS-V owner that had one that came in UNDER 3,800 pounds just for GM's sake. He said he had two or three friends/former co-workers/whatever that had them (sure he does...cause there are lots of people that have bought an ATS-V).

He is saying he wants to do this, b/c if the weight difference between the ATS-V and the SS is that much of a difference, that it must be due to differences in the body in white, and that if so, it would be such a huge achievement in structure weight reduction, the likes of which have never been seen before...yes....those are basically his words.
Old 11-10-2015, 12:35 PM   #22

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS LS3
Quote:

See if that same guy can give us the GVWR and Passenger and Cargo weights from the door jamb stickers....just to see if they match the curb weights.
90503 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2015, 12:53 PM   #23

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by KMPrenger View Post
He has no where to go now, other than denial, which he can do until someone else (not one of the Find New Roads cars) is weighed again...which will happen.

Whats funny, is that the last time I was looking at that forum, is that Pill was claiming that he was trying to find an ATS-V owner that had one that came in UNDER 3,800 pounds just for GM's sake. He said he had two or three friends/former co-workers/whatever that had them (sure he does...cause there are lots of people that have bought an ATS-V).

He is saying he wants to do this, b/c if the weight difference between the ATS-V and the SS is that much of a difference, that it must be due to differences in the body in white, and that if so, it would be such a huge achievement in structure weight reduction, the likes of which have never been seen before...yes....those are basically his words.
I think even his fictional insider team has abandoned him...lol...You know, the one that told him about the recent H2H at Luguna Seca....Too bad, though, the cars were never even there...But, onward....

Now, his insider info and superior calculations for the Camaro weight can't possibly be wrong....There must be some new heretofore unheard of metallurgic technology that his Team didn't inform him about....That can be the only real explanation!....

What a shame...all those years of speculating, fact-finding, insider info, superior engineering ability, etc., etc., all for naught....and gone with the wind.
90503 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2015, 12:58 PM   #24
huggercamaro21
Sales Manager for Chevy

Quote:
Originally Posted by 90503 View Post
I think even his fictional insider team has abandoned him...lol...You know, the one that told him about the recent H2H at Luguna Seca....Too bad, though, the cars were never even there...But, onward....

Now, his insider info and superior calculations for the Camaro weight can't possibly be wrong....There must be some new heretofore unheard of metallurgic technology that his Team didn't inform him about....That can be the only real explanation!....

What a shame...all those years of speculating, fact-finding, insider info, superior engineering ability, etc., etc., all for naught....and gone with the wind.
Lol. I cannot wait to see his response. Gonna be fun to see.
Old 11-10-2015, 01:00 PM   #25
shaffe

Drives: 21 Bronco
Quote:
Originally Posted by 90503 View Post

Didn't anyone tell you that the new Camaro must be made from Unobtainium!
it has more power...its available power is like a set kof double Ds (no matter where your face is... theyre everywhere) it has the suspension to mame it matter...(
shaffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2015, 01:23 PM   #26
SS 1LE
マスタング = 遅い

Drives: 2017 Chevrolet Camaro SS 1LE
Quote:

That "guy" is on this forum under a different name FYI...I'll let him say if he wants to.
SS 1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2015, 01:26 PM   #27
huggercamaro21
Sales Manager for Chevy

Quote:
Originally Posted by SUMMIT WHITE SS View Post
That "guy" is on this forum under a different name FYI...I'll let him say if he wants to.
I know he is someone from here. Not sure who it is. I havent really looked into it lol.
Old 11-12-2015, 08:49 PM   #28
ParisTNDude
Owning SSes for 50 Years

Drives: Sharkskin Grey LT1
Just took a few minutes to peruse the Mustang6 site and geesh...you guys are right, the Pill is just full of all kinds and colors of BS...lol. I had an ongoing debate with him back in 2011 about the better car Mustang or Camaro and his obnoxiousness hasn't changed a bit. Ronald Reagan would say this about the Pill:

“It isn't so much that the Pill is ignorant. It's just that he knows so many things that aren't so.”

Previous Performance Cars:

1966 Chevelle SS 4M, 2010 Corvette 6M
1968 Dodge Charger R/T Auto 2012 1SS 6M
1982 Corvette Auto 2010 1SS 6A
1984 Corvette Auto 2016 2SS 8A
1999 Camaro Auto 2017 HBM 1SS 1le
2002 C5 Corvette 6M 2018 2SS
2006 Corvette Auto 2023 Camaro LT1
ParisTNDude is offline   Reply With Quote