Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Specific Packages / Variants > 6th gen Camaro 1LE

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 09-07-2023, 11:01 AM   #1
cynik25

Drives: 23 Camaro 2SS, 2016 ColoradoMidnite
Borla atak on 23 1le

Hey everyone I just had a borla atak installed and the mechanic said it's got cel because of the npp valves not being on the new exhaust. He told me to buy something called a servo buddy to trick the computer into thinking the valves are still there. Anyone know how to get rid of the cel? He also said they could use hp tuner and try to get rid of the npp valve codes.

For those of you with aftermarket exhaust, how did you get rid of cel with the dual mode npp exhaust?
cynik25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2023, 11:39 AM   #2
Keko

Drives: 2023 ZLE M6
The valves should have been swapped from the stock exhaust to the borla. Unless you got a valveless borla?
Old 09-07-2023, 11:43 AM   #3
db2022cs

Drives: 2023 2SS 1LE
If your car is an automatic, it's not the NPP valve, it's the AFM valve. As far as I know, the NPP valve not being installed will not throw a check engine light. It's the AFM valve that needs to be grounded or it will through a CEL. If you have a manual, then that would be weird it's through a code.
2018 Blue AWD Kia Stinger GT2 -Sold-
db2022cs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2023, 01:28 PM   #4
Boost Creep

Drives: '18 1SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by db2022cs View Post
If your car is an automatic, it's not the NPP valve, it's the AFM valve. As far as I know, the NPP valve not being installed will not throw a check engine light. It's the AFM valve that needs to be grounded or it will through a CEL. If you have a manual, then that would be weird it's through a code.
This.
Old 09-07-2023, 01:54 PM   #5
cynik25

It is an automatic. So I just need to tell them to ground the afm? Can you explain a little more what that means?
Old 09-07-2023, 01:57 PM   #6
cynik25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keko View Post
The valves should have been swapped from the stock exhaust to the borla. Unless you got a valveless borla?

Yeah I thought the borla exhaust could make use of the valves. The one I bought was the one that cost like 2600 dollars, but the dealership told me that you can't use valves with aftermarket exhausts. I just got the car and I'm not too familiar with the valve system so I just thought they knew what they were talking about

So the valves in the stock performance exhaust can go in the borla atak? I have an automatic if that's relevant.
Old 09-07-2023, 02:47 PM   #7
cynik25

Just am update if anyone is curious. I spoke with borla directly and they asked me for the item number of the exhaust I purchased. I bought from American muscle. The listing they have for the exhaust I purchased states w/dual mode exhaust npp valves. Borla stated that is incorrect listing, and it in fact does not have npp valves/afk. So I'm waiting to hear back from American muscle to see what they're going to do. I purchased the exhaust thinking the valves would work, sucks dealing with stuff like this but we all make mistakes, hopefully they remedy it