Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

AWE Tuning

Old 01-04-2014, 03:38 PM   #15

Drives: Getaway Special
Well, my DD is a Ford Crown Vic. Fourth one in almost 4 decades. They last me about 10 years and when I sell them, they are still running strong with about 140K miles on them. Bucket seats with console model ("Sport"... i.e., Marauder style)...The paint still shines like almost new, the carpet is great, and it turns on every time I turn the key. Why a Crown Vic over a Caddie or Suburban? Well, it comes down to seat comfort for me along with space. Just last year I have searched like a sleuth for cars with big comfy seats. Even the Suburban has these wide-ass consoles and narrower seats. The seats don't even reach my knees (tall). So, they cut me off mid thigh. For long drives, gotta have what is comfy. I don't know why manufacturers are making bigger consoles and smaller seats when Americans are growing bigger every year! Pisses me off to be honest. Have found Ford is reliable. But, it won't take away my desire to own the best looking car ever made (my opinion) ~~~~~ ZL1. Now, if you are one of those lanky, short folks, you sure are lucky to have so many choices!
Old 01-04-2014, 03:40 PM   #16
97ChameleonTA

Drives: 2013 ZL1 Convertible
I always love the smack talk between brands, but I've built more Ford engines than any other for friends, etc. I think a lot of times, the hatred is made up just so someone can get bragging rights. If you truly hate another brand of car just because of the name, you're not a car guy.

New times to come with E85

2016 2SS Auto - Hyper Blue Metallic
Roto-Fab CAI
97ChameleonTA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 03:48 PM   #17
Rob3D

Drives: Car
It's just funnin... Anyone that thinks their car is better or whatever is crazy... Its all in fun.

However. An asshole is an asshole...I'm pretty sure your car didn't make you that way..
Rob3D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 05:01 PM   #18
cdjnight

Drives: 2013 ZL1 A6
Sitting next to my z is an 03 GT with Lighting 5.4, blower replaced with Turbonetics T72 700hp on E85. no hate here, Traded my 2012 Vet in to get my Z. Daily driver is 14 Jeep wrangler with Mopar lift and 35's. Bought a 03 Taurus for kid to drive and I use an 01 Tahoe to pull my trailer.
Old 01-04-2014, 05:06 PM   #19
EnlighteningYou

Drives: 2012 Camaro SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeachBum View Post
I'm A GM Guy By Nature - But, If I Could Afford It I'd Have A Super Snake Sitting Next To The ZL-1 And Have No Problem With It
I always found this interesting when people say "i'm a GM guy" or "we are a GM family" does that mean you work for GM or there are GM employees in your family? And you say GM guy by nature, that denotes that you were born with some kind of connection to an auto manufacturer? just trying to get some more inside when people say they "bleed ford blue" or they are "GM in my blood" does that mean you will never buy another car from any other maker ever because it violates something in your DNA?

Can you expand on that? I've owned all different kinds of cars in my life and not really super loyal to one specific manufacturer it's whatever I like at the time, the company doesn't know me at all.
EnlighteningYou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 05:15 PM   #20
Trekkie

Drives: Toyota Camry Hybrid
Send a message via ICQ to Trekkie Send a message via AIM to Trekkie Send a message via MSN to Trekkie Send a message via Yahoo to Trekkie
Apple vs PC

Android vs iOS.

Catholics vs baptist.

Cats vs dogs

It's human nature far as I can tell.
Trekkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 05:35 PM   #21
xtreme2s

Drives: Livernois Motorsports 2010 2SS/RS
No hate from me either. Been a major Chevy only guy for 30 years, however I currently own Livernois Motorsports built '10 SS/RS and '06 Mustang GT.

Plus modified '67 Camaro, a stock '09 Mustang Shelby 500 vert, and 70 Chevelle SS.

My tow truck is a '10 Cummins powered Dodge

I'm all over the map
xtreme2s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 05:49 PM   #22
2010-1SS-IBM

Drives: 1998 Nissan, 2010 Camaro
I don't hate Ford, or any car manufacturer. It's almost impossible to have a conversation about Camaros (or any car, really) on C5 without Ford fanboys going nuts though. And they are annoying as all hell.
2010-1SS-IBM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 06:02 PM   #23
The_Blur

Drives: 2018 Harley-Davidson Street Bob
Send a message via AIM to The_Blur
Let me start by saying that as a product, the Mustang is a good car. It fits nicely in the sports coupe segment, and it performs very well for the price. Clearly, I prefer my Camaro SS, but the Mustang GT is a worthy adversary.

I personally don't take Ford very seriously as a performance brand. Outside of the Mustang, they just don't seem to take performance seriously. The Raptor is nice for truck performance, but the market for modified trucks is mostly an aftermarket affair. For cars, performance exists in a variety of categories that Ford ignores or has cancelled over the years. With the exception of the Mustang GT, nothing really aggressively competes in any performance car market. While the Corvette is battling foreign exotics on the track, Ford appears to have no interest in selling anything without a back seat. On the other hand, I will concede that the Focus ST is a nice small-displacement addition, and that it does draw attention to them in small cars, it doesn't impress me the way the LNF-powered Cobalt SS did or the way Dodge's Neon SRT-4 blew away its competition at the time. In effect, the Focus ST seems like a desperate attempt to compete with existing benchmarks, ultimately failing to produce an attractive car that actually wins in comparisons. Car and Driver reports that the 2014 Focus ST went from beating the 2013 GTI by one point to losing by 24 for 2015. I would hardly consider that performance an indication of taking this product seriously. Meanwhile, Edmunds would prefer a GTI over their long-term ST after driving it for a while.

Unfortunately, Ford only really has 3 performance cars, the Mustang with various trims, the Focus ST, and the Raptor. Everything is lipstick on a pig—family sedans with dual exhaust or EcoBoost, not really track-tuned performers by any standards. Performance products are the personality—the soul—of a car company. Ford is two steps above Toyota, a completely soulless company, on that ladder. Meanwhile, companies like Porsche, a known performance brand, and Nissan, a competitor in various segments with a history of performance cars, offer unique products that have personality.

That's why I don't particularly like Ford.
warn 145:159 ban
The_Blur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 06:25 PM   #24
Number 3
Hail to the King baby!

Drives: '19 XT4 2.0T & '22 VW Atlas 2.0T
You are asking why do Bears fans hate the Packers and why do Wings fans hate the Black Hawks.

A lot of people don't care. They are just interested in a good car for a god price.

For the enthusiasts they want the best car period.

And for the zealots it simply doesn't matter.
Old 01-04-2014, 07:37 PM   #25
2012-1822

Drives: Black ZL1
I'll tell you why, but first, don't mean to nit pick, but what part of the "muscle car era" does a '72 model remember. By the time you were old enough to remember a new model coming out, the big dog had like 175 horse. Granted the used fast cars were still probably plentiful on the street at that point.

Anyway, back to hating Fords. Because when I was 15 my mom was shopping for a convertible. The new Mustangs were out and I thought they looked sharp. So off to the local Ford spot we went. He had a GT sitting out there and we wanted to hear it. The battery was dead and he didn't give a crap enough about a sale to offer to jump it off.

So off to the Chevy place we went. Brand new Z28. Salesman throws this 15 year old kid the keys and says "start it up." My mom ended up with a '95 Z28 Vert and I've been sold since. Let's see...

-77 Blazer
-94 S Blazer
-97 S10
-90 Blazer
-07 Silverado
-12 Camaro
Old 01-04-2014, 08:21 PM   #26
yzrider58
Aviation guru

Drives: 10 1SS, 09 Acadia, 90 K1500 Z-71
It's a rivalry thing until some ricer shows up then, we band together.
Old 01-04-2014, 08:30 PM   #27
The Blue Angel

Drives: 2014 BRM 1SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by yzrider58 View Post
It's a rivalry thing until some ricer shows up then, we band together.
So true!!
Old 01-05-2014, 12:21 AM   #28
HeavyIOM

Drives: 2010 SS, 2000 Pontiac Formula
Saying one is better than the other is stupid. Both make great dependable cars. Fanboyism is stupid! GM fanboys are the worst in my experiences
HeavyIOM is offline   Reply With Quote