Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 12-07-2014, 03:39 PM   #1
Curts14

Drives: 2014 Camaro 1SS LS3; 1967 Camaro SS
RPO Codes MN6 and M10

The RPO Codes MN6 and M10 for 6-speed manual transmission are both on my build sheet (Parts Identification Sticker) for my 2014 Camaro 1 SS. Does anyone know why they are both listed since it says they are both 6-speed manual transmissions? Does one supersede the other? I assumed the M10 option was a different transmission than the MN6. Curt
Attached Images

Curts14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2014, 09:56 PM   #2
Da Mammer

Drives: 2010 camaro SS... shell...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curts14 View Post
The RPO Codes MN6 and M10 for 6-speed manual transmission are both on my build sheet (Parts Identification Sticker) for my 2014 Camaro 1 SS. Does anyone know why they are both listed since it says they are both 6-speed manual transmissions? Does one supersede the other? I assumed the M10 option was a different transmission than the MN6. Curt
You need both to ID WHICH Tremec TR-6060 transmission it is..
Well I know there is a difference between the transmission in the Camaro ss and Z-L1 Z/28 1le cars. The 6 speed in the Camaro ss is a Tremec 'TR-6060 M10'
The zl1 z/28 1Le and cts-v cars get the Tremec 'TR-6060 M9'

Gear ratios are different, torque ratings are different but most noteworthy if getting parts for it is the bell housing/slave cylinder setup. The bellhousing on the M9 is either shorter or longer than the m10 (I think it's shorter) and the routing of the slave cylinder is different. If you ever intend to buy a flywheel/clutch it has to be the right transmission or the trans won't bolt to the block because the clutch/ slave cylinder is the wrong.
Old 12-08-2014, 08:15 AM   #3
Curts14

Drives: 2014 Camaro 1SS LS3; 1967 Camaro SS
Thanks for the information.
Curts14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2015, 07:17 PM   #4
Rocky1974

Drives: 2010 RJT 2SS M6 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curts14 View Post
I know this thread is old, so don't flame me, but the guy from PENNSYLtucky didn't exactly give a straight answer. That's the way them fake hillbillies from over there are, but us real hillbillies from over here in KENtucky have our shit together a little better than that and can give you a straighter answer.

MN6 is just a generic code that all 6-Speed manual cars get, be it a V6, SS, ZL1, Z28, Corvette, Cruze, or anything else GM with a 6-Speed manual. It just means they build a body with 6-Speed manual equipment. It lets the guy putting the pedals in know which pedal set to use, so the car doesn't get to the end of the line with a 6-Speed manual transmission and no clutch pedal. Another thing it does is simplify the ordering process for the dealers. They just order MN6 for a 6-Speed manual and GM's computer system figures out exactly which 6-Speed manual is the correct one to match the other equipment that they ordered.

M10 is the specific transmission that your car has. In your case it's a wide ratio Tremec TR6060. The 1LE gets a close ratio Tremec TR6060, RPO Code MM6. ZL1 gets a heavy duty Tremec TR6060, RPO Code MG9.

As far as I know, all 5th Gen TR6060s are externally identical and completely interchangeable, but I haven't actually swapped any, so take that piece of info with a grain of salt. If anybody who has actually swapped one reads this, maybe they can chime in on that. I would not be surprised to find out that the ZL1 has a heavier duty clutch, pressure plate and maybe more bolts mounting the flywheel to the crankshaft, but I'd be surprised to find out that the transmission input or output shafts are a different length.

They also do exactly the same thing with the automatics. MX0 is the generic automatic transmission RPO Code, MYC is the RPO code for the 6L80E in the SS and MYD is the RPO code for the 6L90E in the ZL1.

Hope this helps. And to the guy in Pennsyltucky, don't come down on me too hard, but I just had to yank your chain a little when I saw Pennsyltucky.
2010 RJT 2SS M6, Kooks Long Tubes, NPP Exhaust, CAI Cold Air w/Jannetty Scoop, RotoFab Washer Bottle, Elite Engineering Catch Can, MGW Shifter w/ZL1 Shaft and Knob, 2015 SS Sedan Steering Wheel and Air Bag, 2012 Heater Hose Conversion, 2012 Power Seat Conversion, RS Head Lights,Gen5DIY RS Conversion Harness, LED Fog Lamp Bulbs, Backup Camera Kit, NLP Spoiler, SLP Splitter, ZL1 Rockers and Diffuser, Color Matched Shark Fin, RS Roof Mouldings, Painted White Stripes, WCC LS3 Emblems, Heritage Grille and Blacked Out Tail Light Panel w/Retro SS Emblems, 416 RWHP, 411 RWT, Tuned by BlueCat.

Last edited by Rocky1974; 10-12-2015 at 07:46 PM.
Rocky1974 is offline   Reply With Quote