Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Nav, Radar, Electronics

Bigwormgraphix

Old 07-07-2016, 12:53 PM   #1
Com69
Banned

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS 6M Nightfall Gray
Apple Carplay selectively working

I have an iPhone 6s, when I plug in via usb, Carplay works fine. My husband has an iPhone 6s plus and carplay hasn't worked once with his phone. They are both on the same ios, I've checked every possible setting to make sure they're the same, but Carplay just will not work on his phone. The usb will charge his phone just fine, but Carplay won't launch. In settings, General, Carplay, Mylink won't even come up, like his phone doesn't realize he's plugged into a Carplay compatible vehicle.

Anyone else have an issue like this? I've tried just about everything, short of wiping his phone and starting over, which isn't an option.
Com69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2016, 01:09 PM   #2
MiamiBlueCamaro

Drives: Gen 6 Camaro RS
In my case when Apple Carplay does not work the problem was that i have to turn on (SIRI and Location Services).
MiamiBlueCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2016, 02:06 PM   #3
Com69
Banned

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS 6M Nightfall Gray
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiBlueCamaro View Post
In my case when Apple Carplay does not work the problem was that i have to turn on (SIRI and Location Services).
Checked those settings, checked all the settings. Makes no sense. Probably something super simple, I tend to gloss over those and assume it's a much bigger problem.

ID10T error perhaps.
Com69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2016, 09:17 AM   #4
Quinlan00

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS Convertible
Try resetting the Network settings. I know that sounds like it has nothing to do with the problem, but that setting does a lot behind the scenes and might help. It's in Settings/General/Reset/Reset Network Settings.

If that doesn't work, I'd suggest having him back up the phone and reset all settings--that really shouldn't be too painful. Just have him budget some time to restore all the data.
Quinlan00 is offline   Reply With Quote