Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

Phastek Performance

Old 11-09-2023, 09:18 AM   #43
Nataphen

Drives: None
Glad to know! I assumed that anything Katech put out would perform as promised but it’s always nice to know owner experiences to confirm it.
Nataphen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2023, 05:06 PM   #44
Rapid_blue_zl1_22

Drives: 2022 Rapid Blue ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by radz28 View Post
Cool video!!! SUBSCRIBED!!!

Yup. This is the final piece of the puzzle. I never liked having to tap the tank and never liked the fuel slosh issue. This is perfect. I'm definitely doing this.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nataphen View Post
Glad to know! I assumed that anything Katech put out would perform as promised but it’s always nice to know owner experiences to confirm it.
Thanks! Yeah it is a great product. I highly recommend it.

Performance: Kong X-Port OEM blower, 1 7/8" TSP headers (Polydyn coated), Corsa Intake/X-pipe/NPP Exhaust, LT5 95MM TB, DSX FlexFuel sensor, Dedicated Motorsports inline fuel filter, Katech Dual fuel pump, WeaponX Boost freeze chiller, WeaponX center and aux HX, PWR oil cooler, and Elite E-2X catch can. Tuned by Pat G 731 WHP on a Mustang Dyno.

Suspension/Brakes: Eibach lowering springs, Vorshlag camber plates, Full SPL rear control arms, DSC Sport suspension controller, Blackwing F/R brake cooling ducts.
Rapid_blue_zl1_22 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2024, 12:58 PM   #45
randeez

Drives: 2017 ctsv
everything still good with these pumps? i ordered one a few days ago, just got tracking info.
i am going to control the second pump with a vaporworx ally controller: https://www.vaporworx.com/shop/produ...le-controller/ looks like it just taps the oem pump + and mimics the pwm output to the second pump. hoping it would avoid issues with having surge when 2nd pump comes on/lag off.
still need to figure out where to add post filter, on my ('17 ctsv) i think theres a break in the oem lines under the car i may change it all over to -8an to plumb it all a little cleaner
randeez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2024, 06:10 PM   #46
Rapid_blue_zl1_22

Quote:
Originally Posted by randeez View Post
everything still good with these pumps? i ordered one a few days ago, just got tracking info.
i am going to control the second pump with a vaporworx ally controller: https://www.vaporworx.com/shop/produ...le-controller/ looks like it just taps the oem pump + and mimics the pwm output to the second pump. hoping it would avoid issues with having surge when 2nd pump comes on/lag off.
still need to figure out where to add post filter, on my ('17 ctsv) i think theres a break in the oem lines under the car i may change it all over to -8an to plumb it all a little cleaner
Mine still works great! Multiple track days and have run below 1/8th of a tank with zero issues.

Performance: Kong X-Port OEM blower, 1 7/8" TSP headers (Polydyn coated), Corsa Intake/X-pipe/NPP Exhaust, LT5 95MM TB, DSX FlexFuel sensor, Dedicated Motorsports inline fuel filter, Katech Dual fuel pump, WeaponX Boost freeze chiller, WeaponX center and aux HX, PWR oil cooler, and Elite E-2X catch can. Tuned by Pat G 731 WHP on a Mustang Dyno.

Suspension/Brakes: Eibach lowering springs, Vorshlag camber plates, Full SPL rear control arms, DSC Sport suspension controller, Blackwing F/R brake cooling ducts.
Old 01-25-2024, 06:15 AM   #47
radz28
Petro-sexual

Drives: Ultra-Grin
I'm placing an order for one finally. But - I have a question...

What is the in-line fuel filter for you were talking about?... Is it necessary? I thought this was a drop-in bucket that connected, completely (fuel-wise) to all the OEM lines? I know about connecting power from the 2nd pump controller to the 2nd pump, but the in-line filter reference is throwing me off... Or is just because (apparently) our cars don't come with a fuel filter, stock?

Thanks.

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
A10, PDR, Exposed CF Extractor
Magnuson Magnum DI TVS2650R // RFBG // Soler 103 // TooHighPSI Port Injection // THPSI Billet Lid // FF // Katech Drop-In // PLM Heat Exchanger // ZLE Cradle bushings // BMR Chassis-Suspension Stuff // aFe Bars // Diode Dynamics LEDs // ACS Composites Guards // CF Dash // Aeroforce // tint // other stuffs
radz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2024, 02:13 PM   #48
Katech_Mike

Drives: 2015 Camaro ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by radz28 View Post
I'm placing an order for one finally. But - I have a question...

What is the in-line fuel filter for you were talking about?... Is it necessary? I thought this was a drop-in bucket that connected, completely (fuel-wise) to all the OEM lines? I know about connecting power from the 2nd pump controller to the 2nd pump, but the in-line filter reference is throwing me off... Or is just because (apparently) our cars don't come with a fuel filter, stock?

Thanks.
The factory fuel pump module has a post pump filter built into the bucket. When adding the 2 larger pumps there is no more room for that post pump filter in the module. While it's not 100% necessary, you should add a 10 micron filter post pump. We will eventually have a kit for this that places the filter behind the blower where the OEM fuel line connection is in the engine bay.
Katech_Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2024, 04:37 PM   #49
SOCAL.M6.ZLE
Having FUN in the SUN...

Drives: 2022 M6 ZL1 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katech_Mike View Post
The factory fuel pump module has a post pump filter built into the bucket. When adding the 2 larger pumps there is no more room for that post pump filter in the module. While it's not 100% necessary, you should add a 10 micron filter post pump. We will eventually have a kit for this that places the filter behind the blower where the OEM fuel line connection is in the engine bay.

Eventually...
ALL the RED Rear End BMR Goodies + JRE Terminator Cam Package + Remote Tuning and Moral Support from TED @ JRE
BMR Motor Mounts + DMS Front HX + FIC 30's + APEX SM.10's + 305/345 R888R's = 770rwhp 785rwtq @E50 13.5psi
SOCAL.M6.ZLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2024, 08:17 PM   #50
JSH

Drives: '20 ZLE
When I see Katech and pump, I think oil pump.
2/23 - 1031/1004 wheel.
4/23 - 1.41/9.61/145 at DA 7000 ft. (only made five passes).
2/24 - LME 390, E2650, FBO, 100 oct.; 1116hp/ 1063tq; 109 oct. dyno next.
JSH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2024, 09:54 AM   #51
radz28
Petro-sexual

Quote:
AH!!! OK. I'll get to work on that, too.

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
Magnuson Magnum DI TVS2650R // RFBG // Soler 103 // TooHighPSI Port Injection // THPSI Billet Lid // FF // Katech Drop-In // PLM Heat Exchanger // ZLE Cradle bushings // BMR Chassis-Suspension Stuff // aFe Bars // Diode Dynamics LEDs // ACS Composites Guards // CF Dash // Aeroforce // tint // other stuffs
Old 01-26-2024, 10:49 AM   #52
SOCAL.M6.ZLE
Having FUN in the SUN...

Drives: 2022 M6 ZL1 1LE
Quote:

Why would you not install the filter under the car, out of sight?
ALL the RED Rear End BMR Goodies + JRE Terminator Cam Package + Remote Tuning and Moral Support from TED @ JRE
BMR Motor Mounts + DMS Front HX + FIC 30's + APEX SM.10's + 305/345 R888R's = 770rwhp 785rwtq @E50 13.5psi
SOCAL.M6.ZLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2024, 12:02 PM   #53
radz28
Petro-sexual

There's not a lot of room under the car, without adding a bunch of fittings, lines, filter, etc. I'm trying to lay it out now, but it's a bunch more work than the simple "T" fitting DSX provides to tap the OEM fuel supply line. That just plugs between the nylon (or whatever plastic) tank feed to the OEM stainless hardline that runs up to the firewall. Because of having to replace the OEM basket filter with the secondary pump, it sounds like it's best practice to add an in-line fuel filter. Ugh... Now I have to try to map out looping a aftermarket fuel filter into the same place as the DSX "T"...

You supplemented your low side with the JMS, and with your cam, you can make up for a lot of your E85 fueling. But anyone not running a cam and using a dual-pump OEM tank basket will have to add the filter in an alternative way.
That's how I'm interpreting it.

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
Old 01-26-2024, 09:15 PM   #54
Evansa22

Drives: HBM ZLE
DMS makes an inline filter that can either plug straight to the fuel pump, or the stock hardline on the driver side of the engine. Mounts to the firewall. https://dedicatedmotorsports.com/pro...feed-line.html
Evansa22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2024, 05:46 AM   #55
Rapid_blue_zl1_22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evansa22 View Post
DMS makes an inline filter that can either plug straight to the fuel pump, or the stock hardline on the driver side of the engine. Mounts to the firewall. https://dedicatedmotorsports.com/pro...feed-line.html
This is what I used with my Katech pump. They even make a kit for a DSX flex fuel sensor. It tucks under the cowl out of sight and has a nice bracket.

See post #6 on page 1 for pictures.

Old 01-27-2024, 08:30 AM   #56
Evansa22

Drives: HBM ZLE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapid_blue_zl1_22 View Post
This is what I used with my Katech pump. They even make a kit for a DSX flex fuel sensor. It tucks under the cowl out of sight and has a nice bracket.

See post #6 on page 1 for pictures.
Wow I must have went right passed that, looks good. Thanks for the feedback with the pump, I will definitely be getting one down the road.
Evansa22 is offline   Reply With Quote