Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Phastek Performance

Old 10-06-2018, 09:49 AM   #15
Nsxmatt
Account Suspended

Drives: 2017 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by TedJS View Post
Clarify. If you take the $3000.00 and the steering (rack) or a steering component like a tie rod end (attached to the rack) fails a week later would it still be replaced under the vehicles warranty?

Besides giving up being able to have the vehicle repurchased what else are you giving up for the $3000.00?
That's what I wondered. Sounds like they will still honor the warranty and attempt to fix the problem, it's just a settlement for your troubles.
Nsxmatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2018, 02:48 PM   #16
fastball
Banned

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS 6MT
I learned my lesson in a civil probate case - NEVER accept a settlement offer from the defense, no matter what you’re in court for.

Their settlement offer is ALWAYS in their favor and you can ALWAYS do better if you just keep on it.
fastball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2018, 05:06 PM   #17
MrRuss

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
I'm with the others here, don't take the settlement. In 2016 I purchased a new Hyundai Tucsan Limited Ultimate for my wife. It had a 7-speed dual clutch transmission. We had the car all of 10 days and the tranny failed 4 times, put it in gear and....nothing, like it was in neutral. Found out this was a very common problem on all Hyundai's with that dual clutch transmission. It went to the dealer and sat for over a month because they knew it was a problem and Hyundai had no fix. I contacted Hyundai Consumer Affairs and got the run around. Called my attorney and he sent them a Buy-Back demand letter. Had the offer in hand 3 days later and every dime back including TTL in less than a month.

I hope you have better luck than some are predicting. Tell your attorney to send a Buy-Back demand if you feel they cannot adequately repair the car now. You do not need to accept any offer yet and may be see if the new dealer can fix it.

Tim "the tool man" Taylor is my hero

My Garage:
'16 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS, Summit White, Adrenaline Red
-- Rotofab CAI, Soler TB, 1 7/8 coated LT's, Full 3" mids, 3" Stainless Works NPP mufflers, Flex Fuel, E85/91 tuned
'20 Honda Oddysey Elite 25th Anniversary Edition
--wifes car, she said "No more SUV's" after the 2 CX-9's totaled
MrRuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2018, 06:56 PM   #18
Need4Camaro

Drives: '17 Camaro 2SS & '99 Camaro Z28
Quote:
Originally Posted by TedJS View Post
Clarify. If you take the $3000.00 and the steering (rack) or a steering component like a tie rod end (attached to the rack) fails a week later would it still be replaced under the vehicles warranty?

Besides giving up being able to have the vehicle repurchased what else are you giving up for the $3000.00?
&
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nsxmatt View Post
That's what I wondered. Sounds like they will still honor the warranty and attempt to fix the problem, it's just a settlement for your troubles.
I will explain what "could" happen.

Technically my warranty does not go away even if I do take the settlement, it is fully intact, HOWEVER; what could and probably will happen is if I continue to have problems with the steering issues, or possibly any other issue, the dealer (who depends on GM to fund any warranty repair) will send the claim to GM for approval for repairs, although my warranty is in affect, if GM decides to pull my leg, deny coverage, or want to investigate further and continue to hold my car (as they have already held it in the shop for a literal combined period of 2 months to this date) while it would be against their warranty for them to decline repairing it, I would lose all LEGAL recourse against them if I settle with them, meaning although the warranty is still there, they could literally tell me to go take a hike we're not doing jackshit to fix it and although its against their warranty I wouldn't be able to sue them or request a replacement. I would literally be giving them the right to walk all over me.

Its like this... If you take a settlement - GM absolved their half of deal and are no longer obligated to fulfilling your requests.
Whats at hand here is a $3,000 settlement check so they won't be obligated to buy back a $45,000 car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrRuss View Post
I'm with the others here, don't take the settlement. In 2016 I purchased a new Hyundai Tucsan Limited Ultimate for my wife. It had a 7-speed dual clutch transmission. We had the car all of 10 days and the tranny failed 4 times, put it in gear and....nothing, like it was in neutral. Found out this was a very common problem on all Hyundai's with that dual clutch transmission. It went to the dealer and sat for over a month because they knew it was a problem and Hyundai had no fix. I contacted Hyundai Consumer Affairs and got the run around. Called my attorney and he sent them a Buy-Back demand letter. Had the offer in hand 3 days later and every dime back including TTL in less than a month.

I hope you have better luck than some are predicting. Tell your attorney to send a Buy-Back demand if you feel they cannot adequately repair the car now. You do not need to accept any offer yet and may be see if the new dealer can fix it.
Yeah Im either going through the state consumer protection unit or getting another attorney. The steering wheel clicking and getting worse by the day and I just can't accept this as an answer.

What sucks is...I'm really not sure what I'm going to do after I get rid of this car. I don't know if I'm going to have them replace it or just have them repurchase it and move on. There arent many vehicles that catch my eye today which is what makes it so hard but I can't deal with this many problems.
Need4Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2018, 07:10 AM   #19
matt fe2o3

Drives: 2SS Hyper Blue
[QUOTE=TRZ06;10330817]
Quote:
Originally Posted by matt fe2o3 View Post
I had one lemon. It took over a year. Fully recovered all my costs. Yes it sucks, two months - never heard of such things - but it could happen. I'm in California - you get in line, arbitrator makes award and you turn the vehicle in and the maker pays ALL the fees.[/QUOTE

You probably had a manufacture who fought the case then. If all the qualifications are met, the opposing side will settle with your lemon law attorney, as they don't want to incur legal fees if they lose.

The lemon law firm I have used I all my cases has a 99% success rate, but they also will not take a case unless you have met the state lemon law requirements.

All of my cases were a 2 mth process.
Well I admit what you say sounds good, perhaps the Makers have caught on however when I filed mine in Contra Costa County against Ford it was get in line.

You file the complaint - they have basically a couple months to respond and they deny everything - even that they sold you a new vehicle.

Then the next step comes where it is put on a calendar (by the court) for what they call fast track...LOL.

Then eventually (like 9 months later) you work your way up the line and it moves to arbitration.

Then 3 months later you have arbitration.

Then you turn the vehicle in a few weeks later.

What you suggest is what a maker does without going to court - I get that - but in Superior Court - at least in California NO way any case in any court is heard and reconciled in two months. Not possible just on service and time-line and response rules.

Now in my case Ford DID pay me every cent of a 50k vehicle plus T&L, extended warranty and that was on top of three engine pulls and well over 30 service calls (many on the back of a big flatbed tow-truck).

They also paid all the arbitration costs as well as 40k to the attorney. Way over 100k. All I ever asked them for was a engine that did not leak oil. I even asked and pleased for a rebuilt one. LOL FORD....

So I get that makers are sensitive to spending 100+k in cash for selling a 50k car. It is not good math. This was in 2004/5 so perhaps they have caught on.

However - if you wait for the courts you will wait a long time.
Old 10-07-2018, 04:15 PM   #20
TRZ06

Drives: 22' Porsche PDK GT4
[QUOTE=matt fe2o3;10331402]
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRZ06 View Post

Well I admit what you say sounds good, perhaps the Makers have caught on however when I filed mine in Contra Costa County against Ford it was get in line.

You file the complaint - they have basically a couple months to respond and they deny everything - even that they sold you a new vehicle.

Then the next step comes where it is put on a calendar (by the court) for what they call fast track...LOL.

Then eventually (like 9 months later) you work your way up the line and it moves to arbitration.

Then 3 months later you have arbitration.

Then you turn the vehicle in a few weeks later.

What you suggest is what a maker does without going to court - I get that - but in Superior Court - at least in California NO way any case in any court is heard and reconciled in two months. Not possible just on service and time-line and response rules.

Now in my case Ford DID pay me every cent of a 50k vehicle plus T&L, extended warranty and that was on top of three engine pulls and well over 30 service calls (many on the back of a big flatbed tow-truck).

They also paid all the arbitration costs as well as 40k to the attorney. Way over 100k. All I ever asked them for was a engine that did not leak oil. I even asked and pleased for a rebuilt one. LOL FORD....

So I get that makers are sensitive to spending 100+k in cash for selling a 50k car. It is not good math. This was in 2004/5 so perhaps they have caught on.

However - if you wait for the courts you will wait a long time.
You are correct. If you go thru the court system, it will take that long.

All my cases were solid and they knew it, so they just agreed to the buyback after the "formal" process and 30 day time period was over.

Previous:
18' NFG 2SS 1LE (ZL1 1LE solid rear cradle bushings & Corsa Exhaust)
16' F80 M3 (Ohlin R/T Coilovers)
13' Audi TTRS (APR Stage 1, MSS Springs)
09' C6 Z06
08' E90 M3
06' 335i (KW V2 Coilovers)
03' C5 Z06
TRZ06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2018, 06:37 PM   #21
Zboy136

Drives: Red Hot 17 1LE
The reason I have my Camaro is because of the 13 month process I had to go through with ford to get rid my pos mustang that vibrated all over the road.

In the end a 5k settlement, but it was enough to say goodbye to ford for life, so I hope it was worth it for them the crap they put me through never to fix, or barely do anything in settlement.

The amount of negativity I spread about ford on a daily basis, and the huge grin I have on my face driving my 1LE...I'd say it was worth it for me.
Zboy136 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2018, 09:58 AM   #22
JT58

Drives: Former 2016 Camaro 1LT
What a hassle, so sorry to hear. I could have tried to pursue lemon law on my 2017 RS with the A8 shuddering issue but it was way too much of a hassle. I gave up after a year- life is too short to be miserable and have your car tied up at the dealership more than you drive it. I took the loss of 10K and traded it in.
Old 10-08-2018, 12:40 PM   #23
Need4Camaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by JT58 View Post
What a hassle, so sorry to hear. I could have tried to pursue lemon law on my 2017 RS with the A8 shuddering issue but it was way too much of a hassle. I gave up after a year- life is too short to be miserable and have your car tied up at the dealership more than you drive it. I took the loss of 10K and traded it in.
Yeah, unfortunately trading right now isn't really an option, haven't even had it a year yet so I will eat absolute negative equity and my next car will have payments that will be way too high.

Sadly I also don't know what else I would get.. ..I will say this though, through this experience I've had opportunities to test drive plenty of other cars (loaners)
Old 10-09-2018, 10:45 AM   #24
DangerZL1

Drives: 2023 Black ZL1 Auto
Quote:
Originally Posted by Need4Camaro View Post
Yeah, unfortunately trading right now isn't really an option, haven't even had it a year yet so I will eat absolute negative equity and my next car will have payments that will be way too high.

Sadly I also don't know what else I would get.. ..I will say this though, through this experience I've had opportunities to test drive plenty of other cars (loaners)
It would be tough to find another vehicle that's as fun to drive. It's not easy to step from a performance car into an economy type car. Too bad you're problems aren't being taken care of. I think GM overall has higher quality than Ford or Dodge
DangerZL1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2018, 01:29 PM   #25
Need4Camaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by DangerZL1 View Post
It would be tough to find another vehicle that's as fun to drive. It's not easy to step from a performance car into an economy type car. Too bad you're problems aren't being taken care of. I think GM overall has higher quality than Ford or Dodge
Yeah, I'm driving around a Malibu right now and I have had to change my driving habits to be alot more reserved and cautious as I can no longer depend on acceleration in tight situations or needing to sweep into a busy street like I could in the SS.

Weird feeling, I'm mad as heck at GM but I still miss and want to drive my SS :(