Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Phastek Performance

Old 04-10-2018, 08:45 PM   #757
GhostZL1
Account Suspended

Drives: ZL1?
The design team must have been drunk when they decided to make some changes.

Trash
GhostZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2018, 08:53 PM   #758
thefirstcause

Drives: 2016 Camaro 1SS, 2009 Mazda6 GT V6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cgocifer View Post
Simple fix. Move the badge and paint the bumper. Maybe redesign the tail lights.
Bumper paint is easy and possible if they listen to the feed back. They would be smart to do so since painted it actually looks pretty cool, aggressive, and Camaro instead of Charger/Bad Transformers 5 movie. Flowtie is harder because is an actual hole in the bumper... it isn't just a simple debadging. The taillights just won't happen, too much work and too far along.

And the fact of the matter is I actually like the taillights and the return to 5gen and some 1st gen quad style. Depending on the year the 1st gen also had dual lights like the 2014 refresh and 6gen, and I like that also. But I feel these new taillights are actually pretty damn good, and the rear end fixes almost everything that was wrong about the 2016. This rear end can compete with the Mustangs near perfect rear. It is too bad they didn't ditch the spoiler wing for a blade.
thefirstcause is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2018, 09:05 PM   #759
CCG Garnet Red

Drives: 2017 RS Garnet Red Tintcoat A8
In car heaven, Edsel Ford now feels off the hook!
CCG Garnet Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2018, 09:09 PM   #760
chris227

Drives: 2020 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by TX Stig View Post
Folks may have a valid point about the 2019 going in the wrong direction if they had purchased a car that blew the sales charts out of the water...but they didn't. It reminds me of people in Texas trying to convince me the Dallas Cowboys are America's best team.
So sales make the car bad? Seems that your trying to justify liking the new design by bashing current 6th gen owners choice. People voice there opinions of the car and that seems to make you talk smack about their choice. Your comments are very trollish.

Last edited by chris227; 04-10-2018 at 10:20 PM.
chris227 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2018, 09:09 PM   #761
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quinten_33 View Post
MRC is not standard on the SS according to the release articles. Someone in the know (I think it was MLEE from CamaroFest) said that the ZL1 1LE with carbon ceramics had an LT5, and that it would be called something along the lines of ZL1 1LE R or ZLER. GM has been pretty quiet on the 2019 ZL1, so stay tuned.
That was actually just my "wish" list.

But I really hope you're right about something special for the ZL1 because I'm ready to buy a Steel Gray 1LE.

They have been very quiet,,, in fact zero comments. Makes you wonder.
Old 04-10-2018, 09:10 PM   #762
Stroked84

Drives: Nothing fun, currently.
Not sure if I like the Charger front grill or the last gen Malibu style taillights more. Just when I thought Ford's botched Mustang refresh couldn't be one-upped GM drops this disaster. Wow. Definitely going with a C7 now.
Stroked84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2018, 09:32 PM   #763
Boost Creep

Drives: '18 1SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stroked84 View Post
Not sure if I like the Charger front grill or the last gen Malibu style taillights more. Just when I thought Ford's botched Mustang refresh couldn't be one-upped GM drops this disaster. Wow. Definitely going with a C7 now.
Yeah, if I had waited another year like I was thinking, my choices would have been narrowed to used '17-'18 1LE or Stingray as a new '19 Camaro would have dropped off the radar completely.

The rear is not a complete disaster....

but the SS front kills it. Mediocre or bland is one thing, this is just bad, like Lexus ugly.
Boost Creep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2018, 09:32 PM   #764
Quinten_33

Drives: Silverado
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlee View Post
That was actually just my "wish" list.

But I really hope you're right about something special for the ZL1 because I'm ready to buy a Steel Gray 1LE.

They have been very quiet,,, in fact zero comments. Makes you wonder.
Oh, ok. There’s definitely SOMETHING brewing for the ZL1. They haven’t shown the refreshed version yet, even though the Grille remains the same. Perhaps some significant changes were made or a new variant like a drag pack is available.
Quinten_33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2018, 09:50 PM   #765
V8 Firebird

Drives: ⚡Electric TM3 ⚡
Although it may be a ugliest Camaro in history, the grill and taillights make me remember early 70's Camaro.
Old 04-10-2018, 10:06 PM   #766
CCG Garnet Red

Dang! When I saw the picture of the tail-lights on, I thought of the tail-lights of a Vega. Please forgive me.
Old 04-10-2018, 10:10 PM   #767
Gunkk
Thank you Al Oppenheiser!

Drives: Red Hot A10 ZL1 Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boost Creep View Post
The rear is not a complete disaster....
Yeah, but the front is a total sh!t show.
Gunkk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2018, 10:16 PM   #768
CCG Garnet Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunkk View Post
Yeah, but the front is a total sh!t show.
My 19 year old niece in N.C., and her friends call the soon to be discontinued Nissan Juke the "Puke". People of all ages can spot ugly.
Old 04-10-2018, 10:17 PM   #769
JBsC6

Drives: 2008 Blk C6 Z51 NPP
I prefer the updated rear bumper cover...otherwise the 2018 camaro styling is preferred.

I've never found mid cycle refreshes work from a styling standpoint...

The purity of design just gets twisted in the refresh.

The alpha platform is awesome...I just personally believe or would have preferred a more portifino styled 2 plus 2 from GM as the corvette moves to a rear mid engine platform..

Maybe the seventh gen camaro will bow in two years and we will see a less evolutionary design...

Playing it safe as GM moved from fifth gen camaro to sixth gen didn't really payoff as unit sales are ranked third behind the mustang and the challenger...

Sure the challenger and mustang are flooding the rental fleets and sure dodge has so much money on the hood of the challenger...the incentives weigh almost as much as a hemi ...but still this refresh for the camaro will most probably fail in the showroom les race...

Who knows maybe the GM market research says the kids who can now afford a new camaro are of age when the actual transformers movies originated....and that they can't wait to buy a bumblebee in the color of their liking...
Old 04-10-2018, 10:22 PM   #770
AZCamaroFan
Camaro6 2016-2018

Drives: sometimes
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBsC6 View Post

I've never found mid cycle refreshes work from a styling standpoint...

The purity of design just gets twisted in the refresh.
Exactly. I've always felt that way. I have always sort of liked the 93 and 98 front ends equally, but other than that if you're starting off with a great looking car there seems to be a good chance to mess it up.
AZCamaroFan is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2019 camaro refresh, 2020 camrao, becky, beckyd, camaro refresh, camarodestroyed, new camaro, ugly camaro, wtf?!?!