Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Bigwormgraphix

Old 05-23-2018, 08:17 AM   #2101
lt4camaro

Drives: 2021 LT1 10 speed auto
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Wyndham View Post
With respect....then you aren't reading all comments. There are some people who like it.
"and think its better looking than the car it replaces" with respect there cannot be many.
lt4camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2018, 08:21 AM   #2102
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Originally Posted by lt4camaro View Post
"and think its better looking than the car it replaces" with respect there cannot be many.
Very few have seen it in person, and it's not fair to generalize until it has been on the the show circuit, at least. I actually like it a lot...it took a LONG time to grow on me, but there it is. I've read comments in this and other threads, as well as facebook - the majority response is negative, but there are positive responses buried in there. As it always goes on social media.

Typically...If 50% like it, and 50% hate it...80% of the haters will like it a year after it hits the streets. This is just the way it goes with these cars, and has been since 2006. Everyone thinks they're experts on a) what "everyone" wants, and b) automotive design in general. (Most recently, I remember the C7 tail lights decried as a "failure".)

Better than that it replaces? No...but I don't think any design has been "better" than the last - they've all been very attractive, but different. I will say though, this is probably the most different we've seen since the first-to-second generation transition...perhaps we've become too accustomed to the basic design language that's been used since the concept in 2006. That's 12 years!

That all said - everyone is entitled to their own opinions. And I'm certainly not here to tell you you're wrong for seeing and thinking what you do. All I'm here to say is that the "hate" is not 100% universal for this design...most of those that like it just can't be bothered to post about it.
Old 05-23-2018, 08:38 AM   #2103
keon718nyc

Drives: Challenger SP Shaker/Arcadia Denali
Can't wait to get my hands on a White A10 SS!! My lease is up just in time for it. Could care less about hate given on it by others, doesn't change a thing for me or my wallet. Just need to take off the stock wing, throw my blade spoiler on it and done deal... LOL
keon718nyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2018, 08:41 AM   #2104
lt4camaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Wyndham View Post
Very few have seen it in person, and it's not fair to generalize until it has been on the the show circuit, at least. I actually like it a lot...it took a LONG time to grow on me, but there it is. I've read comments in this and other threads, as well as facebook - the majority response is negative, but there are positive responses buried in there. As it always goes on social media.

Typically...If 50% like it, and 50% hate it...80% of the haters will like it a year after it hits the streets. This is just the way it goes with these cars, and has been since 2006. Everyone thinks they're experts on a) what "everyone" wants, and b) automotive design in general. (Most recently, I remember the C7 tail lights decried as a "failure".)

Better than that it replaces? No...but I don't think any design has been "better" than the last - they've all been very attractive, but different. I will say though, this is probably the most different we've seen since the first-to-second generation transition...perhaps we've become too accustomed to the basic design language that's been used since the concept in 2006. That's 12 years!

That all said - everyone is entitled to their own opinions. And I'm certainly not here to tell you you're wrong for seeing and thinking what you do. All I'm here to say is that the "hate" is not 100% universal for this design...most of those that like it just can't be bothered to post about it.
Keep it simple, The 19 SS front end is ugly now and it will be next year. Sure you can squint at it and maybe close your eyes a little and hope it looks better tomorrow, but it not going to. And yes, the pre refresh cars do look much better because they were never ugly.
Old 05-23-2018, 08:49 AM   #2105
keon718nyc

Drives: Challenger SP Shaker/Arcadia Denali
Quote:
Keep it simple, The 19 SS front end is ugly now and it will be next year. Sure you can squint at it and maybe close your eyes a little and hope it looks better tomorrow, but it not going to. And yes, the pre refresh cars do look much better because they were never ugly.

Best incorrect negative opinion post i heard yet!!!!
keon718nyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2018, 08:50 AM   #2106
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Whatever you say!
Old 05-23-2018, 08:51 AM   #2107
JhonnyGTR

Drives: La Macarena
Quote:
They Are ugly too, "Keep it simple"
JhonnyGTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2018, 07:38 PM   #2108
SDG23

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS M6
I saw a few pics of a red '19 SS today and I have to admit, it's still ugly.
Old 05-23-2018, 07:58 PM   #2109
Number 3
Hail to the King baby!

Drives: '19 XT4 2.0T & '22 VW Atlas 2.0T
I always take our opinions with a grain of salt. Very few come on Camaro5/6 that aren't passionate about Camaros and cars.

The Gen6 as I understand it was simply MORE of the Gen5. More aggressive styling, performance and less weight, trunk/rear seat space and....ready for it.....degraded visibility everywhere except over the hood. As I've said 101 times they gave us the best Camaro ever. And that so far hasn't rung true with sales. Profit? Maybe, we can't know for sure and it will certainly be less profitable with the end of the ATS Sedan.

But it's very possible that the other 99.99% of car buyers that don't come to Camaro5/6 aren't GM or Camaro loyalists actually like the new styling.

The biggest problem I see repeatedly on my favorite site is the "I think it's ok so it can't be a problem for anyone else", or in this case, "I think it sucks so there is no way anyone could think it actually looked ok or even great".

I don't care for it, but I need to see it in person. It is definitely different enough to set it apart which is the very first thing a MCE should do, make the car look noticeably different.

As for the tail lights? My guess is they are styled to look cool lit at night or with the brakes or blinkers on. Tough to tell what type of LED or light pipe action is going on there.

I'll hold judgment until I see one up close and personal, but remember beauty is in the eye of the beholder. I just hope GM went out and asked the NON BUYERS what they might like that the Gen6 2016-18 wasn't delivering. Maybe this is it for them and sales go up.
Old 05-23-2018, 07:58 PM   #2110
lt4camaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDG23 View Post
I saw a few pics of a red '19 SS today and I have to admit, it's still ugly.
That because you have good taste and a good eye, and cars don't get better looking as we get used to them. The edsel and the Pontiac astek were ugly on day one, still suck today. What makes it harder to swallow is, the complete line of 16, 17, 18 6th gens are good looking. The biggest complaint was there wasn't enough difference from the 5th gen which was also good looking. How do we go backwards to some ugly ducklings and there will be no mistaken a 2019 for any other year.
Old 05-23-2018, 08:11 PM   #2111
lt4camaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 3 View Post
I always take our opinions with a grain of salt. Very few come on Camaro5/6 that aren't passionate about Camaros and cars.

The Gen6 as I understand it was simply MORE of the Gen5. More aggressive styling, performance and less weight, trunk/rear seat space and....ready for it.....degraded visibility everywhere except over the hood. As I've said 101 times they gave us the best Camaro ever. And that so far hasn't rung true with sales. Profit? Maybe, we can't know for sure and it will certainly be less profitable with the end of the ATS Sedan.

But it's very possible that the other 99.99% of car buyers that don't come to Camaro5/6 aren't GM or Camaro loyalists actually like the new styling.

The biggest problem I see repeatedly on my favorite site is the "I think it's ok so it can't be a problem for anyone else", or in this case, "I think it sucks so there is no way anyone could think it actually looked ok or even great".

I don't care for it, but I need to see it in person. It is definitely different enough to set it apart which is the very first thing a MCE should do, make the car look noticeably different.

As for the tail lights? My guess is they are styled to look cool lit at night or with the brakes or blinkers on. Tough to tell what type of LED or light pipe action is going on there.

I'll hold judgment until I see one up close and personal, but remember beauty is in the eye of the beholder. I just hope GM went out and asked the NON BUYERS what they might like that the Gen6 2016-18 wasn't delivering. Maybe this is it for them and sales go up.
If GM went to the 99.9 % of the non buyers and said here ( by showing them) is are 16-18 Camaro that isn't selling well, and than say ( by showing them) here is our 2019 changed car, and compare side by side that anyone would say, yeah now that's better.
Old 05-23-2018, 10:07 PM   #2112
JhonnyGTR

Drives: La Macarena
Quote:
That because you have good taste and a good eye.
So y'are saying that people who love and like this Refresh just has Bad taste and a Bad eye?
JhonnyGTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2018, 10:53 PM   #2113
indyz

Drives: 2SS, CT-R, LC500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JhonnyGTR View Post
So y'are saying that people who love and like this Refresh just has Bad taste and a Bad eye?
No I think he is implying that he himself has bad taste . Everyone has an opinion, that's mine
indyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2018, 01:29 AM   #2114
protovack

Drives: 2019 2LT 2.0T M6 Riverside Blue
Quote:
Yup. The 16-18's looked great from day one. The biggest complaint was that they weren't a completely new design. But nobody was really calling it ugly, more like "not different enough." But its really all personal preference. Different people are different.
If a re-fresh is extremely polarizing then Chevrolet did exactly the correct thing. All the people that liked the 16-18 have one already. Now they will catch the last few people who didn't like the 16-18 front end. I can't imagine that it's a ton of people. But switching the design language up is a great sales strategy.
protovack is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2019 camaro refresh, 2020 camrao, becky, beckyd, camaro refresh, camarodestroyed, new camaro, ugly camaro, wtf?!?!