Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Phastek Performance

Old 04-10-2018, 09:25 AM   #673
Brigante

Drives: Cadillac
Quote:
Originally Posted by Modern07 View Post
Love the new tail lights, and love the fact they smoothed out the crease on the rear fascia.

The whole rear looks miles better than the outgoing version in my opinion

the previous tail lights have been outclassed.
Brigante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2018, 09:26 AM   #674
MrChrisLS3

Drives: 2018 1SS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by gringo View Post
I highly doubt it. He's an engineer not a car designer. What difference would it make to him whether people hate the midcycle update or not. He still has a $$$$ job and a nice pension/retirement coming soon.
He's the top guy on Team Camaro, he oversees the whole project. He is not just an engineer.
MrChrisLS3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2018, 09:27 AM   #675
PoorMansCamaro

Drives: Really Slow
Quote:
Originally Posted by doc7000 View Post
People really give no credit to how fast both the 2.0T and V-6 Camaro really is, hell people probably don't give the 2.0T Camaro enough credit against the EB Mustang.

Motor Trends test of the Camaro RS 2.0T 6 speed manual

0-60: 5.2
0-100: 13.7
1/4 mile: 13.9 @ 101MPH

Motor Trends test of 2018 EB Mustang 10 speed

0-60: 5.3
0-100: 15.0
1/4 mile: 13.9 @ 97MPH
I don't understand how 0-100 for the mustang can be 15.0 but the 1/4 mile be 13.9 @ 97mph. So it takes the mustang 1.1seconds to go from 97mph to 100mph?
Old 04-10-2018, 09:30 AM   #676
AZCamaroFan
Camaro6 2016-2018

Drives: sometimes
reminds me of the malibu taillights from 4 years ago
AZCamaroFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2018, 09:31 AM   #677
Brigante

Drives: Cadillac
Non mce owners are trying to convince themselves that refreshed version sucks. The reality is that the 6th gen does not look ugly anymore. The rear and tail lights look brilliant. I absolutely love the old school tail lights. They look so tasty and beautiful. Well done Chevy.
Brigante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2018, 09:31 AM   #678
DougCBJ

Drives: 2016 Blue 2SS
Taillights scream mazda to me, i hate them. I do like the rear fascia though. I think the current GM dark taillights are perfect, these new ones are like a bubble jacket, they are even uglier than the front end and make the back of the car look straight up horrible.

Am I being crazy? I absolutely love my 16 and I like the gen5s as well, but this new one looks less aggressive, more mass production cookie cutter, to me, it's just horrid, I'd buy the 19 with the v8 10 speed then purchase the Ikon Zl1 bumper and the 16-18 dark taillights, basically change all the refresh pieces except for the rear fascia.
DougCBJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2018, 09:34 AM   #679
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brigante View Post
Non mce owners are trying to convince themselves that refreshed version sucks. The reality is that the 6th gen does not look ugly anymore. The rear and tail lights look brilliant. I absolutely love the old school tail lights. They look so tasty and beautiful. Well done Chevy.
Everyone's got an opinion, and it's their right to do so - just like it is yours. You don't need to try and discredit anyone for it...there is no "right" or "wrong", here. Just a matter of opinion.
Old 04-10-2018, 09:38 AM   #680
osubuckeye

Drives: 2016 2LT Gamet Red Tintcoat
Love my 2016 Camaro but from the videos I have seen the redesign of the 2019 Camaro sucks. The tail lights are horrible looking. I guess I will have to see one in person to make a final judgement.
osubuckeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2018, 09:49 AM   #681
'01LS1

Drives: 2003 Pete
I do not think this has been posted yet. Motor 1 has a photo series that is split screen to see the '16-'18 & then the '19 side by side.

https://www.motor1.com/news/238655/2...o-see-changes/
'01LS1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2018, 09:50 AM   #682
Quinten_33

Drives: Silverado
Someone mentioned their 14 year old hating this refresh. I’m also 14, and it’s really growing on me. I’m sure that they’re attempting to attract the younger crowd after seeing that the average Camaro owner is 52. The LT looks great with 1LE package, but I’m not digging the Convertible. However, the SS is really growing on me. I think the they did a good job at making it more aggressive and the 1LE rendering looks menacing. The rear end looks perfect, I’m my opinion. The Taillights look great, especially in that real-life pick posted earlier. I’m sure that it will look great in person, and we will get used to it. I went to sleep last night wondering how they messed the refresh up that bad, but now I don’t have many complaints with it. The turbo 1LE is definitely a niche car, and I’m disappointed that the LTG didn’t receive a better turbocharger. The A10 should be available with the V6, IMO. I guess we’ll be stuck waiting until August for all the details.
Quinten_33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2018, 09:53 AM   #683
AZCamaroFan
Camaro6 2016-2018

Drives: sometimes
i've seen that site

not only has it gotten mostly negative reaction here, but on every social media platform i've looked at too, and the car web sites have headlines about the styling such as

"Questionable" or "We'll let you decide"
AZCamaroFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2018, 09:53 AM   #684
CLEAN

Drives: '19 Stingray '22 MB GLC 300
Almost 20 years of posting on Camaro message boards has taught me a few things. One is that you can't judge a new design based on pictures alone, you need to see the actual car and experience the width and depth perception to truly get the feel of it. Just because a car isn't photogenic doesn't mean it is ugly in real life. That being said, unfortunately, first impressions are rarely reversed when seeing it in person. You get a different feel for it, but rarely does an ugly car in pics become a beautiful car in person. My feeling from the pics is ugly, but in person, might be upgraded to meh. 99% positive that it wont get beautiful, but at the end of the day, its just a car, nothing to lose sleep over.

Have to agree w/ everyone else, the flowtie is the worst element of the SS front end. I wonder where the front plate will go. If it covers the flowtie, you're just covering up one kind of ugly with another. I don't see a fix for that front end that's doable by Chevrolet at this point. Other than just bagging the SS front altogether and give SS's the RS front bumper. The rear lights, meh. Wheels...don't like, hope they didn't change the 1LE wheels, those IMO are the best looking Camaro wheels of all time.

And my old complaint, the SS rear pedestal spoiler. Hate it. Looks so 90's 2000's. Has always looked so out of place on the car, am disappointed that they kept it rather than updating to a more modern design. RS/1LE/ZL1 spoilers all look far superior. 3rd brake like in the trunk lid, dislike that as well, should have been led strip in the back window or integrated into the spoiler.

One element that has gone unmentioned as far as I can tell, is that all the bowties have been blacked out now, at least on all the press pics that we've seen. The GOLD bowtie was just a huge eyesore to me on the 5th/6th gens, hope they make the black standard across the board, so much cleaner looking than the gold.

Haven't bought a 6th gen yet, had 3 5ths, but I will have one at some point. Will lean towards an '18 1LE, but wouldn't rule a new one. Is it as good looking as the pre-fresh, no, but it's still a great package.
Old 04-10-2018, 09:57 AM   #685
SamHouseIII
I Carry!

Drives: 2013 CRT ZL1
I own 2 5th Gens (2013/2015) and when I saw the reveal of the 6th Gen at Camaro Fest, I loved it, even test drove a 6th Gen, only down side was no rear room, the looks and power where striking and set it apart, but not to the point that it lost it's heritage. However this refresh looks so Europe-ish inspired and I fear that sales will decline and will be just another car in the market, not Hey Dad, there's a Camaro....

From Oklahoma, Join us on Facebook
https://www.facebook.com/groups/okcamaros/

SamHouseIII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2018, 09:58 AM   #686
m666etal

Drives: Civic
if you look closely the new Camaro smiles at you creepily!!
m666etal is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2019 camaro refresh, 2020 camrao, becky, beckyd, camaro refresh, camarodestroyed, new camaro, ugly camaro, wtf?!?!