Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V8 LT1 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Bigwormgraphix

Old 08-13-2018, 02:17 PM   #43
JFM-jr

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Good luck getting anyone on the phone at Elite as well.
ARH 1 7/8 longtubes hi flow cats AFM deleted E85
11.0@124.9
11.65@118.8 pump gas,stock tune/exhaust
New combo: Pray Performance Heads/cam
MSD intake manifold and Circle D 3C
554/491 on E85 all work & tuning done by Pray
JFM-jr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2018, 03:06 PM   #44
GooseSS

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS
Yeah, I reached out to them and never heard back. Their reputation unfortunately seems to hold true....oh well.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
GooseSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2018, 11:50 AM   #45
DorkMissile

Drives: 18 1SS 1LE HyperBlue
I recently purchased a E2 three port can for my 2018 LT1 1LE and was a little surprised when the box came there were no instructions.

I wasn’t too pleased that it took a couple of days for them to get back to me, but once they did Steve had plenty of information on how to get it installed. I honestly was over-thinking it.

I would be more than happy to share pics of how I did it with the three port can and not using the Elite breather.
DorkMissile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2018, 12:59 PM   #46
MadFrog

Drives: 2018 SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by DorkMissile View Post
I recently purchased a E2 three port can for my 2018 LT1 1LE and was a little surprised when the box came there were no instructions.

I wasn’t too pleased that it took a couple of days for them to get back to me, but once they did Steve had plenty of information on how to get it installed. I honestly was over-thinking it.

I would be more than happy to share pics of how I did it with the three port can and not using the Elite breather.

You certainly should add your pictures. More info = better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
MadFrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2018, 05:53 PM   #47
Elite Engineering

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by DorkMissile View Post

Hi All. We apologize that phone contact is difficult, but we prefer all Tech Support email our tech support team direct. This is the best way to get the prompt help you need: Tech@EliteEngineeringUSA.com or Sales@EliteEngineeringUSA.com

As we are a small manufacturer, we do not have dedicated staff for phones, and as we quite often supply diagrams and more via email, this is always the best way to get assistance. Even weekends we try and man the tech support emails, and you can use this for any questions of a technical nature including pre-sales assistance in choosing the correct system for your application.

We do not include printed instructions as we make systems for over 100 different applications and it is not practical. We do have videos and print instructions on our website you can download as well.

Hope this helps!

Elite Engineering is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2018, 05:54 PM   #48
GooseSS

I sent an email that was never returned. =/

Old 08-31-2018, 05:57 PM   #49
Elite Engineering

Quote:
Originally Posted by GooseSS View Post
I sent an email that was never returned. =/

Please send an email to: Sales@EliteEngineeringUSA.com and I'll be sure you get a response.

Thanks!
Old 08-31-2018, 06:19 PM   #50
GooseSS

Appreciate it!

Old 09-01-2018, 06:54 PM   #51
GooseSS

Update - spoke to Elite but they went silent on me, I suspect because of the holiday weekend. I played around with the mighty mouse bracket to re-locate my elite can to the front, and long story short that is not going to work. I spent 4 hours trying to get the bracket back off (hardware is sized too large for the plastic fan housing hole ).

Anyway, going to try the Elite bracket again but will need to modify it so I'm nut putting pressure on my fuel line. Will circle back when I figure this out!
Old 09-01-2018, 07:58 PM   #52
jreagle56

Drives: 2022 2SS A10 NPP MRC Red Hot
Went with an E2 after 1000 miles on the car.
FWIW; maybe this might help...….

Started with the install on the shock tower. Had to reroute the sound tube and the E2 sat on a vacuum line. The hoses to the E2 were quite long with bends and slight low spots. Moved the E2 to the front and was able to shorten the supplied rubber hoses considerably with nearly a straight line to the PCV and intake ports. A slight s bend in the E2 rubber hoses over the intake tube to the engine in order to avoid the heat extractor in the hood that protrudes down into the engine bay. No dips for water to collect and freeze in the winter rendering the whole system useless and no sharp bends that could crimp closed with the heat generated under the hood as the engine rocks back and forth under power, again rendering the whole system useless which would cause pressure to build inside the crankcase and other problems to surface because of that.

in the end I eliminated the sound tube and generator; couldn't tell a difference in engine sound with it on or off during WOT. Looks cleaner under the hood now.

The E2 is basically replacing the short factory PCV tube with 2 lengths of rubber hose, a separator and a reservoir to collect the blow by instead of letting that stuff into the engine intake system like the factory tube does.

I think the hose routing dictates where the can should be installed especially if using the rubber hoses. Air/vacuum move easier thru shorter hoses with no bends; less friction loss.

I do not know the GM design of what actually opens the PCV valve for the blowby to flow out of the engine in the factory tube setup or the E2 setup; is it the pressure behind the PVC valve under the valley cover or is it the vacuum in front of it generated by the intake or both?

just my 2 cents...…..
jreagle56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2018, 12:18 PM   #53
GooseSS

So I finally got this project completed. The main issue I ran into was the can pushing down on a vaccuum line (or is it a fuel line?).

Anyway, as @jreagle pointed out, you do need to re-route the intake noise maker tube a bit. What helped me get this done was two-fold. This only took me ~5 min to tuck away nice, no big deal.

1. Adding a few washers under the can to give it some height. Plenty of rom for it to move up, but because I have a strut tower brace, that is limited to a lift of about 3-4mm before I bump into it.

2. I got a longer bolt for this brace. The stock one is not quite long enough, especailly with the washers.

Long story short, this set-up I think will work better in the long run, compared to the mighty mouse front mounted bracket system.

Although I've recieved no support from Elite through this process. They make a great can but could really use some bolstering in the customer experience area.

Last edited by GooseSS; 09-04-2018 at 12:18 PM. Reason: elaboration
Old 09-04-2018, 04:46 PM   #54
Elite Engineering

Hey all, we had tech support answering even on Sunday and Monday as far as emails to the techsupport email: Tech@EliteEngineeringUSA.com We have this staffed most weekends and Holidays and we don't see any unanswered emails, so not sure how we "went dark".

Sales is: Sales@EliteEngineeringUSA.com

jreagle56,

The PCV system operates under vacuum, not pressure. The stock system uses intake manifold vacuum to evacuate (suck out) the foul contaminant laden vapors. On the LT based GDI V8 this is from the valley barb. Inside this barb is a fixed orifice that controls the rate of flow. The flaw is there is no evacuation during acceleration or at wide open throttle as vacuum drops to zero due to reversion pulses spiking back up the runners. So we add a second suction source, and that is just in front of the TB opening. The reversion does not reach past the TB until well over 8k RPM so it does not effect this source, and the Venturi Effect of the incoming airflow past the barb you add is what creates this suction, not the intake tube itself.

The clean/fresh air enters both valve covers through the factory cleanside separator located on the passenger cylinder head and splits to both banks where it flushes and replaces the contaminant laden vapors being drawn out (evacuated) from the valley barb.

So we convert the system to provide full time suction instead of only when not accelerating.

Hope this helps, and we urge ANYONE with technical questions or needing installation assistance to email our tech support team. That's what they are there for.

Cheers!

Old 09-04-2018, 06:33 PM   #55
DFW1LE

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE Mosiac Black
I can't speak to some of the complaints mentioned in this thread, but when I put my Elite EX-2 in last year, I emailed Elite several times with my questions and received very prompt and detailed answers that really exceeded my expectations.
Old 09-05-2018, 10:34 PM   #56
DorkMissile

Drives: 18 1SS 1LE HyperBlue
E2 Three Port Can on 2018 LT1 M6

Sorry it took a week or so to get it done, but here are the pictures of my install of the three port (two ports out, one port in) E2 catch can on a stock LT1 w/ M6 trans. I actually put the can on the shock tower as Elite intended as I found the location to be ideal for as factory of a looking install as possible.

Also given the size of the capacity, there really should be no need to remove it any earlier than at the time of a oil change. To me I found it less likely for me to spill the can by unbolting it with the can still sealed and opening it over a towel / rag than trying to unscrew it from between the fan and pullys & dropping it.

I decided not to remove the sound tube (for now) but it was directly in the way of where the can would go using the mount on the tower, so I disconnected the tube at the joint by the brake fluid reservoir, and re-routed the tube thru the center of the A/C line with the access port, and between the line and the shock tower. By repositioning the rubber grommets on the shock tower brace and the A/C line I was able to keep a similar amount of slack / tension as the factory location.

FYI - I used the three port can, the standard length included of the standard rubber line, and no Clean Side Separator. However I did install the flow valves in both exit lines, both pointing away from the can.

Pic of rubber grommets / clamps with re-route of sound tube Pic #1:

Sound Tube Pic #2:

Pics of where I ran one exit port line and the center inlet port line:

The remaining exit port line I ran to the intake - in order to give as much of a look as possible to making the install look like something factory, I actually mounted the 90 degree elbow as close to the throttle body as possible, but in the intake tube on the bottom side. I then ran the line under the tube and zip tied it with the other two lines:

In the end I think everything looks just find and the location works out well the way Elite Intended it to:
DorkMissile is offline   Reply With Quote