Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 04-10-2015, 08:31 AM   #1
JantzenOKC

Drives: '13 2LT/RS Twin Turbo
Got to take a tour of the Goodyear tire plant.

I got to go on a tour of the Goodyear tire plant in Lawton, OK yesterday. Man was it awesome. I've been working for the same independent Goodyear tire dealer for 18 years now selling and mounting Goodyear tires and have never really seen how they are made. It's an amazing process and the Lawton facility is very impressive. The place was so clean and organized and efficient it really was nothing like I expected. Very cool to see a tire made from start to finish and we even got to help build a few.

When it was over I was talking to some of the Goodyear guys there and one told me he was excited about the new 2016 Camaro. He said they already have the contract to build the tire for the base models and are working on getting the SS and ZL1 etc. He acted like there would definitely be Goodyear tires on all the new Camaros. Time will tell.
JantzenOKC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2015, 08:44 AM   #2
Ragnar
Destroyed by flooding

Drives: Wife's car
Quote:
Originally Posted by JantzenOKC View Post
I got to go on a tour of the Goodyear tire plant in Lawton, OK yesterday. Man was it awesome. I've been working for the same independent Goodyear tire dealer for 18 years now selling and mounting Goodyear tires and have never really seen how they are made. It's an amazing process and the Lawton facility is very impressive. The place was so clean and organized and efficient it really was nothing like I expected. Very cool to see a tire made from start to finish and we even got to help build a few.

When it was over I was talking to some of the Goodyear guys there and one told me he was excited about the new 2016 Camaro. He said they already have the contract to build the tire for the base models and are working on getting the SS and ZL1 etc. He acted like there would definitely be Goodyear tires on all the new Camaros. Time will tell.
Cool story, might have to look out for these particular lot numbers