Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Specific Packages / Variants > 6th gen Camaro 1LE

AWE Tuning

Old 01-22-2018, 01:31 PM   #29
Cgocifer

Drives: 2018 1SS 1LE, 2015 RAM Ecodiesel
Quote:
Originally Posted by Battlezone580 View Post
Insane the SS 1LE can beat a 458 Italia, and a GT4. American is the way to go in terms of performance. The 458 may be an older model, but none the less its still a 200k Sports car. Even a used one today will cost you 160k +.

Its hard to even but an exotic car when American provides you more bang for your buck. I'm looking getting a Lamborghini huracan and the price is hard to justify vs a Z06 or ZR1.

Really? The GT3RS is lighter and has more power. I'm not trying to be funny but I couldn't imagine taking an SS 1LE to a track over a GT3RS. Plus the GT3RS is so fun going through the gears up to 8600 rpms. If you could explain a little further I would instead to know your thinking there. Do you feel the SS 1LE handles better than your GT3RS?
Most people with the cash to even consider a Lamborghini wouldn't even mention the word Camaro or Corvette for that matter regardless of performance. Mostly, it's about "yup, I can own a Lamborghini..."

Good for you that you don't care too much about the image and just want a good car regardless of the price or manufacturer.

Here's an idea, buy both a ZO6 and a ZR1 and still have cash leftover for a Camaro. ;-)
Cgocifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2018, 02:54 PM   #30
zx9rmal

Drives: '20 ZL1 M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cgocifer View Post
Will be interesting to see so how those results shake out once the PP2 mustang gets out there. Granted, it doesn't have extra coolers, so it may overheat, but should improve the times significantly over PP1. That mustang they tested isn't far off and it is a run of the mill street car up against a track ready Camaro variant.
Not far off? I'm no track expert, but almost 3 1/2 seconds is HUGE.
'22 Kawasaki ZX-14R
zx9rmal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2018, 05:01 PM   #31
doc7000

Drives: 2004 Pontiac Grand Prix
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boost Creep View Post
Another thing that doesn't make sense is how the Mustang is a complete sled up to 130mph then from 130 to 150 takes off like an airplane gaining 2.2 seconds on the Camaro.
If you look at one of the previous post that I posted you would see that the gearing on the Camaro 6 speed manual is the reason for that. In other words when Motor Trend did that mile run it was a test that the Mustang was going to win due to gearing. The Camaros 4th gear is 1:1 while the Mustang doesn't get to 1:1 until the fifth gear.
doc7000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2018, 02:01 PM   #32
SS 1LE
マスタング = 遅い

Drives: 2017 Chevrolet Camaro SS 1LE
It impresses me each time I drive it...
Old 01-28-2018, 02:56 PM   #33
SaphfireSS

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1LE SS
Interesting numbers
Attached Images

SaphfireSS is offline   Reply With Quote