Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > Regional Sections > USA - California

Bigwormgraphix

Old 12-29-2017, 10:22 AM   #1
Six.Two SC

Drives: 2018 Summit White Camaro 1SS
Shell 91 octane...

I feel my '18 SS runs best on this pump gas. Anyone else have a preference?

Added: Diode Dynamics Black LED Sidemarkers, GM Dark Finish Tailights, GM ZL1 Black 3rd Brake Light, Black Plastidipped Bowties(front/rear), AFE Dry Drop In Filter, 12mm Spacers(front/rear)
Six.Two SC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2017, 11:34 AM   #2
Sev

Drives: 2016 2SS / 2004 Tacoma
I too use Shell 91, and 76 91... car runs great on both.

"I'm going to drink you pretty, beautiful toad"
Sev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2017, 01:16 PM   #3
kropscamaro16

Drives: 2016 1ss camaro
i only use shell or 76 91 its expensive but car runs good on it ...saw a guy using 91 sams club gas the other day and i was like hmm lol not even mad at you but i wouldnt use it
Old 12-29-2017, 04:42 PM   #4
Red Leader

Drives: 2016 Camaro 1SS Red Hot
I've always used Shell since day one. Just wish we had higher octane like other states.
Black Bow Ties
Black Metallic Rally Stripes
Black Wheels With Red Outline

TPW 12/14/15
1G1FE1R72G0133041 - 12/16 built
2/19/16 - It's mine!!

Previous rides:
2011 Camaro LS
2010 Camaro SS
1988 Honda Civic Hatch B18C1 swap
Red Leader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2018, 10:43 PM   #5
SoCal Smith

Drives: 2019 Camaro ZL1 1LE A10
If it say's top tier gas, then it's all the same. Most of this is marketing and in our minds. I always fill up at Costco and the ZL1 loves it.
SoCal Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2018, 08:18 AM   #6
keon718nyc

Drives: Challenger SP Shaker/Arcadia Denali
Shell 93 all day everyday...
keon718nyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2018, 12:16 AM   #7
SoCal Racer

Drives: C4,C6 Z06,Silverado,'17 Red Hot ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCal Smith View Post
If it say's top tier gas, then it's all the same. Most of this is marketing and in our minds. I always fill up at Costco and the ZL1 loves it.
Agreed. I use the "name brands" if I need to, but I try to use Costco every chance I get as it is pretty much 40-50 cents cheaper per gallon compared to any brand name gas along my route to work. Plus since I use a Costco CC, I get another 3% cash back on top of that. The one I stop at typically, is along the way to Angeles Crest and I have seen some higher end sports cars filling up there...Z06s, ZR1s, Vipers, Ferrari's, GT3s, GT2s...and I think I saw a Ford GT (?)the other day coming in as I was leaving...good enough for these guys and my Vettes...I guess it is good enough for my ZL1
SoCal Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2018, 12:47 AM   #8
SSSHYBOY

Drives: 2SS convertible, black,black
SoCalSmith and SoCalRacer nailed it... Costco Top Tier 91 is a "steal" and is great gas.. ANYTHING more expensive is, merely, more expensive. I live 1/4 mile from the station that SoCalRacer sees all the hot cars filling up.. Ok by me but Costco TopTier is the way to go. I'm lucky as I am near the Burbank Costco 4 times per week so it's a cinch.
Old 01-05-2018, 03:51 PM   #9
SSDanny

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS M6
Thought I'd throw this in here. Someone said Costco gas actually causes performance loss?

Second page: http://www.camaro6.com/forums/showth...=515452&page=2
Old 01-07-2018, 12:03 AM   #10
SoCal Racer

Drives: C4,C6 Z06,Silverado,'17 Red Hot ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSDanny View Post
Thought I'd throw this in here. Someone said Costco gas actually causes performance loss?

Second page: http://www.camaro6.com/forums/showth...=515452&page=2
So yes, I have been hearing these statements for decades. I have been using Costco gas for I would say approximately 80% of the fill ups for my 1995 LT1 Corvette since I bought her brand new. I have had Zero (0) engine issues since new and for the first 12-15 years of ownership she has been drag raced and used on track 1-2 times monthly as well as using her as my daily driver. after that less daily, but still use her on track about same 1-2 times a month. I have still not yet seen any major performance issues as far as 1/4 mi times or lap times, so I am not seeing how Costco gas is so horrific that I would "have to" spend 50cents more per gallon on a name brand gas. Am I going to say that Costco gas is the Best?...NO...absolutely not, I am not saying that at all. But it is not as bad as some people make it out to be...it's not like Arco or some random private gas station with no license along the side of some back road in the woods (lol). ARCO actually made my car knock when I used it one time...I had no choice, I was on fumes and it was all that was open in that area. I only put in about 7 gallons and it was so bad. Never ever had any issues with Costco gas so far....knock on wood...haha...

Another thing to think about for today's Costco gas. Costco is one of the largest retailers in the World...not the just the U.S....the World. They are all over Asia, Canada, some countries in Europe, Australia, etc. If Costco or any major retail company was caught selling sub-par products or products not to the standard advertised, there would be law suits from a whole bunch of rich people and Costco would be all over CNN and the BCC...it would be crazy...Costco would go down in flames. They are not going to risk that bad press and lawsuits with all of the cars losing performance or having mass amounts of detonation. It's not going to happen.

In the end, we are all allowed to make choices. We are lucky to each have that freedom. And I would never tell someone what to do as long as it does not hurt anyone. I just would not want to spend $8-10 extra per fill up for no really good reason...I need that extra money for more car parts
SoCal Racer is offline   Reply With Quote