Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

AWE Tuning

Old 01-13-2019, 08:14 AM   #29
EDFHOBBIES
Dyno Show Queen LOL

Drives: 16 SS & 17 ZL1 Both Yellow
Send a message via Skype™ to EDFHOBBIES
I have 2 dsx pumps one for me 1 for the wife sitting in my living room..

Ok I'll take car to shop tomorrow and install the DSX pump it be easier on the lift. I did the blower swap in my garage the lift wasn't necessary.

Kong Ported 2650, Crawford Racing Port Injection, Weapon X 112mm Adapter, NW112mm TB, Livernois Ported LT4 Heads, Lingenfelter GT32 stealth cam, Haltech Elite, and Carbon by Trufiber
EDFHOBBIES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2019, 08:22 AM   #30
EDFHOBBIES
Dyno Show Queen LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sctd71 View Post
I’m kind of confused. With your Edelbrock supercharger are you not able to use your factory hood without modification?
Correct you must clearance the hood on the inside. From the outside you can't tell.. or you can replace the hood..

It's the design of the unit.. if you stick a LT5 on you will be cutting something to.

Maggi we dont know yet.. but I'm sure you have seen the maggi prototype sticking out of the hood.

It's no big deal

Kong Ported 2650, Crawford Racing Port Injection, Weapon X 112mm Adapter, NW112mm TB, Livernois Ported LT4 Heads, Lingenfelter GT32 stealth cam, Haltech Elite, and Carbon by Trufiber
Old 01-13-2019, 05:07 PM   #31
WEAPON-X

Drives: ZL1 ATS-V CTS-V C7Z Range Sport SC
Quote:
Originally Posted by EDFHOBBIES View Post
Correct you must clearance the hood on the inside. From the outside you can't tell.. or you can replace the hood..
Good to see man! No matter what 2650 you do, you're cutting the hood on this car. It surprises me that this needs cut even with the Whipple but not a V3? Opposite of previous gens haha.

The Maggie will likely have better cooling; however, I don't think they have this finalized as I'm guessing they're having packaging issues with hood clearance too. It is likely 2-3 mo out last I'd checked in and I'm trying to get to TX2K with this myself. So, I too ordered this blower and it's sitting here now ready to put on my compound boost setup to reduce the restriction up top. The new engine with the billet crank is done and the car is going back together this month... to Glide or not is the question now though LOL. I really want to push the A10 to see what it can handle though, but already being 1200 lb ft of torque has me concerned as I think I'll see closer to 1500 by the time I'm done.

As for this supercharger, I've already began reverse engineering it and we will be making some revisions ASAP and offering the WEAPON-X version of it. I have allocation on a dozen of these for next month and already have 4 of them sold too, so shameless plug here lol but anyone wanting one, let me know!

1. Revised lid - We'll be making a carbon forged lid like I am in the process of doing on the LT4 and LT5 blowers. Those should have a March ETA and I'm really excited about that project as it's our first delve into carbon forging, but there is a huge upside to this in the future! This supercharger I think will do well to make 800whp; however, I am very skeptical of it making 1000whp like I believe the LT5 to be able to make (since my ZR1 is already at 800whp with just a few PSI extra boost) because there is less than 15mm of space for the air to come out of the top of the heat exchanger and turn down into the runners. There is SO little room, that I am really shocked it can make the 800whp number, but it's been shown to do so on at least one test car, despite that dyno seeming to be a little loose vs. what we see.

2. Cooling manifold adapters - We've already designed and will be cutting billet inlets for this as preliminary testing shows the driver side of the HX brick to choke as the run off of the outlet has to make FOUR 90° bends before making it out vs. the passenger side makes one nice sweeping bend out. Also, the inlet could be improved with a larger Stewart pump or our dual pump kit, like we're testing for a new HX kit on a certain track bred ZL1 1LE in the shop now.

3. Intercooler Brick - Lastly we'll be redesigning the intercooler brick inside of it as I have some skepticism at this point after seeing the fin structure and density that it is going to like 20 PSI pushing through it.

WEAPON-X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2019, 07:01 PM   #32
EDFHOBBIES
Dyno Show Queen LOL

Speaking of cutting!
Attached Images

Last edited by EDFHOBBIES; 01-15-2019 at 04:06 AM.
Old 01-14-2019, 07:36 PM   #33
ramairroughneck

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by WEAPON-X View Post
Good to see man! No matter what 2650 you do, you're cutting the hood on this car. It surprises me that this needs cut even with the Whipple but not a V3? Opposite of previous gens haha.

The Maggie will likely have better cooling; however, I don't think they have this finalized as I'm guessing they're having packaging issues with hood clearance too. It is likely 2-3 mo out last I'd checked in and I'm trying to get to TX2K with this myself. So, I too ordered this blower and it's sitting here now ready to put on my compound boost setup to reduce the restriction up top. The new engine with the billet crank is done and the car is going back together this month... to Glide or not is the question now though LOL. I really want to push the A10 to see what it can handle though, but already being 1200 lb ft of torque has me concerned as I think I'll see closer to 1500 by the time I'm done.

As for this supercharger, I've already began reverse engineering it and we will be making some revisions ASAP and offering the WEAPON-X version of it. I have allocation on a dozen of these for next month and already have 4 of them sold too, so shameless plug here lol but anyone wanting one, let me know!

1. Revised lid - We'll be making a carbon forged lid like I am in the process of doing on the LT4 and LT5 blowers. Those should have a March ETA and I'm really excited about that project as it's our first delve into carbon forging, but there is a huge upside to this in the future! This supercharger I think will do well to make 800whp; however, I am very skeptical of it making 1000whp like I believe the LT5 to be able to make (since my ZR1 is already at 800whp with just a few PSI extra boost) because there is less than 15mm of space for the air to come out of the top of the heat exchanger and turn down into the runners. There is SO little room, that I am really shocked it can make the 800whp number, but it's been shown to do so on at least one test car, despite that dyno seeming to be a little loose vs. what we see.

2. Cooling manifold adapters - We've already designed and will be cutting billet inlets for this as preliminary testing shows the driver side of the HX brick to choke as the run off of the outlet has to make FOUR 90° bends before making it out vs. the passenger side makes one nice sweeping bend out. Also, the inlet could be improved with a larger Stewart pump or our dual pump kit, like we're testing for a new HX kit on a certain track bred ZL1 1LE in the shop now.

3. Intercooler Brick - Lastly we'll be redesigning the intercooler brick inside of it as I have some skepticism at this point after seeing the fin structure and density that it is going to like 20 PSI pushing through it.

I sure couldn’t tell there was any heat issues with the Lingenfelter car at the LSfest. First public outing and it ran 9.7 @ 146 on a 89 degree day, 136 degree track temperature, 53% humidity, 3050 DA in a full weight, caged ZL1 with a heavy blower. Helluva time if it will only make 800rw. I wonder if they collapsed the intercooler with those dyno runs or at the track that day. Most people are running ice tanks, methanol, and often race e85 to get those times in better weather. Lingenfelter did it on pump E85 with no methanol. They also did it with a baby cam and no convertor. Anything can be made better but is the Edelbrock 2650 really that bad?
ramairroughneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2019, 10:16 PM   #34
laynlo15

Drives: 2022 Lt1 A10
We put it under the hood of a C7 Z06 so it should fit the Zl1 without cutting it. We are releasing the 2650 Ls7 first (shipping soon) and then the LT1/LT4 right behind that. We are already tooled up since the Ls7 and is the same as the COPO 2650. Hobbies has worked hard on getting this setup done right, congrats on the work you've done for your project.
2022 Lt1 6.2 A10, Maggie 2300, THPSI Port Inj/10 rib, Rotofab, E, Nickey, SCOL, Griptech, RC Bandits, Hoosiers/MT 9.80@142.96 1.44 60ft, 6.34@112 707/669 RWHP/TRQ. 16SS Maggie 2650 9.41@147 1.35 60ft, 5.99@119. 16 C7 A8 10.90@128 Bolt on stuff
laynlo15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2019, 06:11 AM   #35
ramairroughneck

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS
I really like that you stayed with the ZL1 hood. It had to have been tough to make that first cut. The beautiful carbon insert from Lingenfelter sure would ease the pain
ramairroughneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2019, 07:25 AM   #36
17CamaroZL1
Life's Short, Live Fast!

Drives: 2017 Hyper Blue A10 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by laynlo15 View Post
We put it under the hood of a C7 Z06 so it should fit the Zl1 without cutting it. We are releasing the 2650 Ls7 first (shipping soon) and then the LT1/LT4 right behind that. We are already tooled up since the Ls7 and is the same as the COPO 2650. Hobbies has worked hard on getting this setup done right, congrats on the work you've done for your project.
Good news!!
Life's Short, Live Fast! https://youtu.be/rTUv2p4T7OA 10.94 at 128 mph, 11.13 at 127mph 870 DA, https://youtu.be/e_X_LcpFp50 11.19 at 127mph 1100 DA, https://youtu.be/OXQiCQdQuH4 11.40 at 125mph 1800 DA
https://youtu.be/uWba1qs8M6Q 11.52 at 123mph 3500 DA
TZQPHG '17 ZL1 HBM|A10|Nav|PDR|CFW Hood|ZL1 Mats

12/26/2016 Ordered!
2/8/2017 Built!!
3/2/2017 Brought Home!!!
17CamaroZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2019, 08:49 AM   #37
EDFHOBBIES
Dyno Show Queen LOL

Honestly I don't believe what's said any more it makes me mad that i asked and asked for the 2650 from magnuson ever since the white magnuson debuted at sema which seems like 2 years or more now.. maybe making it fit under the hood is what's taking so long what if their iats are suffering compressing under the hood?

3 months more I was told 3 or 4 times, then next month, then by Christmas, now by 1st qtr 2019 is that a 3 or 4 qtr year basis?

One point Edelbrock has never ever put down other corporation's products for any reason like I have gotten from magnuson's tech line or sales line or on this forum from TEAM MAGNUSON when mentioning other brands. And if it wasn't that they were trying to push a 2300 down my throat every time I inquired about a 2650.. No ty I've seen there numbers they need meth and e85 to get in to the 800s if they even make it...I know like my self we are compassionate about the brands we choose and we think that since we chose it it's the best. We are all guilty of that especially me.

I'm not anti magnuson by any means and if their products make more power I'm greatful because it helped Edelbrock and others step up their game. I'm guilty to i called in a number of times complaining that my LS3 eforce blower well sucked! The LS3 eforce had such a bad reputation of high iATs that now its gotten stuck with its name. I said to myself I'll never buy another eforce again after that. Well with dumb luck the 2300 for the lt1 fell into our lap for the wifes car.. it's been flawless and consistent hell it was faster than my stock Zl1.. It dyno'd exactly as advertised 580 on dyno jet and 551 on a mustang with the CAN tune 3 and 4 times in a row no cool downs. When I go to the last stage of my build and donate my LT4 fuel parts to wifey, move the iat sensor a bit, and do a pulley swap will see how it compares to the 2300 maggi then.

Thanks for all the support.. should have some numbers Thursday or Friday for this 1st test..(as long as wife doesn't wreck it) let her take it work to suck some gas out for the DSX AUXILIARY pump install. She said it was whining pretty good even though she kept it to 3000 rpms.. looks like it made it ok to work ok I see her posting on FB lol!
Attached Images

Old 01-15-2019, 08:57 AM   #38
EDFHOBBIES
Dyno Show Queen LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramairroughneck View Post
I really like that you stayed with the ZL1 hood. It had to have been tough to make that first cut. The beautiful carbon insert from Lingenfelter sure would ease the pain
Oh ya definitely I cut the hole small so I could make use of the insert later. It was easy to cut on the car and using the top of the blower as support to cut straight.. I also had a cordless M12 makita powered cut off made it simple..

Old 01-15-2019, 01:43 PM   #39
laynlo15

I don't think I've put down your 2650, I actually gave you praise for the work you've done and it takes balls to start cutting up a Zl1 hood, doubt I could have done that. Not sure who you've talked to on the tech line about pushing the 2300. I have one and am happy and at some point I'll have a 2650 Magnuson. I'm glad you finally got what you wanted and wish you well. Hopefully at some point you'll have everything done that you had listed like the cam and other mods.
2022 Lt1 6.2 A10, Maggie 2300, THPSI Port Inj/10 rib, Rotofab, E, Nickey, SCOL, Griptech, RC Bandits, Hoosiers/MT 9.80@142.96 1.44 60ft, 6.34@112 707/669 RWHP/TRQ. 16SS Maggie 2650 9.41@147 1.35 60ft, 5.99@119. 16 C7 A8 10.90@128 Bolt on stuff
Old 01-15-2019, 01:46 PM   #40
EDFHOBBIES
Dyno Show Queen LOL

I wasn't pointing out anyone in particular..and it might not of been this thread but 1 like it.. thanks for your support.

Old 01-15-2019, 03:53 PM   #41
laynlo15

Hey no problem and good luck. Should be fast and fun. Find a buddy who sells tires. Haha
Old 01-15-2019, 07:49 PM   #42
WEAPON-X

Drives: ZL1 ATS-V CTS-V C7Z Range Sport SC
Quote:
Originally Posted by ramairroughneck View Post
I sure couldn’t tell there was any heat issues with the Lingenfelter car at the LSfest. First public outing and it ran 9.7 @ 146 on a 89 degree day, 136 degree track temperature, 53% humidity, 3050 DA in a full weight, caged ZL1 with a heavy blower. Helluva time if it will only make 800rw. I wonder if they collapsed the intercooler with those dyno runs or at the track that day. Most people are running ice tanks, methanol, and often race e85 to get those times in better weather. Lingenfelter did it on pump E85 with no methanol. They also did it with a baby cam and no convertor. Anything can be made better but is the Edelbrock 2650 really that bad?
Quote:
Originally Posted by EDFHOBBIES View Post
Honestly I don't believe what's said any more it makes me mad that i asked and asked for the 2650 from magnuson ever since the white magnuson debuted at sema which seems like 2 years or more now.. maybe making it fit under the hood is what's taking so long what if their iats are suffering compressing under the hood?

3 months more I was told 3 or 4 times, then next month, then by Christmas, now by 1st qtr 2019 is that a 3 or 4 qtr year basis?

One point Edelbrock has never ever put down other corporation's products for any reason like I have gotten from magnuson's tech line or sales line or on this forum from TEAM MAGNUSON when mentioning other brands. And if it wasn't that they were trying to push a 2300 down my throat every time I inquired about a 2650.. No ty I've seen there numbers they need meth and e85 to get in to the 800s if they even make it...I know like my self we are compassionate about the brands we choose and we think that since we chose it it's the best. We are all guilty of that especially me.

I'm not anti magnuson by any means and if their products make more power I'm greatful because it helped Edelbrock and others step up their game. I'm guilty to i called in a number of times complaining that my LS3 eforce blower well sucked! The LS3 eforce had such a bad reputation of high iATs that now its gotten stuck with its name. I said to myself I'll never buy another eforce again after that. Well with dumb luck the 2300 for the lt1 fell into our lap for the wifes car.. it's been flawless and consistent hell it was faster than my stock Zl1.. It dyno'd exactly as advertised 580 on dyno jet and 551 on a mustang with the CAN tune 3 and 4 times in a row no cool downs. When I go to the last stage of my build and donate my LT4 fuel parts to wifey, move the iat sensor a bit, and do a pulley swap will see how it compares to the 2300 maggi then.

Thanks for all the support.. should have some numbers Thursday or Friday for this 1st test..(as long as wife doesn't wreck it) let her take it work to suck some gas out for the DSX AUXILIARY pump install. She said it was whining pretty good even though she kept it to 3000 rpms.. looks like it made it ok to work ok I see her posting on FB lol!
My observations to this point are only visual since mine isn't going on till later this month after I get the billet crank engine back in. I wasn't referring to collapsing the brick as it's pretty beefy, but I do believe that this combined with the lid will be a severe choke point, when though? That is TBD. Don't get me wrong, def not knocking it at all. I too was waiting on the Maggie and I too hated the LS3 Edelbrock "boat anchors" we called them back then haha saying I would never buy one, but after Mag pushed the est release back again, I happened to have a 2650 fall in my lap, the only one at Edelbrock and their sales dept was confused as they didn't even think the LT4 version was released yet. So, EDF's review has me excited about it.

I've already got Griptec pulleys being cut for it, the cooling manifold billet inlets being water jet, and the lid spacer done to be water jet until I get the carbon lids printed. So, I'll get this stuff completed and tested and you can let me know if any of it interests you!
WEAPON-X is offline   Reply With Quote