Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > I4 Turbo LTG Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Bigwormgraphix

Old 09-12-2018, 09:25 PM   #1
2.0t_godfather

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2.0t
Something I thought you'd all enjoy, 500+whp

Sorry I've been quiet, I've been exceptionally busy. Here's to the next limit of the 2.0. The setup will go further but we need more fuel. Solutions are in the works. We are looking to go 9's on this setup, and Matt's progress today that looks promising. I am really hoping for 580-600whp as that is procharged ss territory. I am sick of hearing that if you put $XXX into an ss it would make more power. 6k into an ss would not make the same power. So in short, I'd like to end that argument. Plus the 2.0 will still be faster thanks to it's weight advantage. The car has pulled it's tires at lower power levels, so it hooks awesome.
Attached Images

Last edited by 2.0t_godfather; 09-13-2018 at 03:47 PM.
2.0t_godfather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2018, 01:01 AM   #2
b0bsaget007

Drives: 2016 2LT RS Blue Velvet
Neato. Can you tell us which turbo you're running, or is that 'classified'?

PC: i5-6600; RX 480 4GB; 16GB DDR4; Samsung 950 PRO 512GB SSD
Car: 2016 Camaro 2LT RS 2.0T 6M Blue Velvet Metallic | ZZP Hi-Flow Catted Downpipe | Injen EVO7300 Cold Air Intake
b0bsaget007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2018, 03:47 AM   #3
RobertAvitia
BYND GARAGE

Drives: 17' 1LT Turbo
mod list???
RobertAvitia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2018, 09:21 AM   #4
2.0t_godfather

Car is same basics as before: ZZP FMIC, down pipe, CAI, Cams, Springs, pistons, rods, ZL1 in tank pump. This version has a tubular manifold, s257 turbo setup on a re-circulation valve.
Old 09-13-2018, 05:40 PM   #5
b0bsaget007

Drives: 2016 2LT RS Blue Velvet
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2.0t_godfather View Post
Car is same basics as before: ZZP FMIC, down pipe, CAI, Cams, Springs, pistons, rods, ZL1 in tank pump. This version has a tubular manifold, s257 turbo setup on a re-circulation valve.
Interesting choice going for the S257 instead of the EFR 7670. I guess if it's a drag car, the spool doesn't matter as much to justify the $1k premium for ball bearings.

PC: i5-6600; RX 480 4GB; 16GB DDR4; Samsung 950 PRO 512GB SSD
Car: 2016 Camaro 2LT RS 2.0T 6M Blue Velvet Metallic | ZZP Hi-Flow Catted Downpipe | Injen EVO7300 Cold Air Intake
b0bsaget007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2018, 05:47 PM   #6
2.0t_godfather

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0bsaget007 View Post
Interesting choice going for the S257 instead of the EFR 7670. I guess if it's a drag car, the spool doesn't matter as much to justify the $1k premium for ball bearings.

Cheap was one benefit, but the other is the fact we are leaving the line under almost full boost.
Old 09-13-2018, 07:57 PM   #7
DarkFangz1100

Drives: 2016 Camaro SS
Quote:
Do you have the information for the ZL1 Pump?
Old 09-14-2018, 07:09 AM   #8
2.0t_godfather

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkFangz1100 View Post
Do you have the information for the ZL1 Pump?

Its just a 5th gen in tank pump mixed with the factory 6th gen upper.
Old 09-14-2018, 08:03 AM   #9
raflyer

Drives: 2014 Cadillac ATS 2.0T
Congrats on the 500whp.......but i want to know more details about your 2.0 ATS AWD that was in the 11's. I know its gone now and replaced with the V but why all the secrecy in that car? Ive asked over and over what limits did guys find in the various driveline components? No answer, why?
raflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2018, 08:09 AM   #10
Evil-Bee-NH
603 Camaros

Drives: 2017 NGM I4 1LT Coupe
I'm not gonna bash the car it's an amazing accomplishment however i'd like to know the next time he's actually going to drive his car for the record and not slap a ZZP employee in to do it for him and then brag about his i mean ZZPs times on FB. 6k is not going to get you in the 10s maybe in parts but you forget labor and dyno time as well. Go back to work so you can pay ZZP for more praise on FB where nobody actually questions anything.

MY 2017 I4 CAMARO BUILD JOURNAL | YOUTUBE | INSTAGRAM | 316RWHP - 385 RWTQ HPTUNERS DYNO TUNE | 12.693s @ 105MPH 1/4 Mile
Evil-Bee-NH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2018, 09:15 AM   #11
2.0t_godfather

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil-Bee-NH View Post
I'm not gonna bash the car it's an amazing accomplishment however i'd like to know the next time he's actually going to drive his car for the record and not slap a ZZP employee in to do it for him and then brag about his i mean ZZPs times on FB. 6k is not going to get you in the 10s maybe in parts but you forget labor and dyno time as well. Go back to work so you can pay ZZP for more praise on FB where nobody actually questions anything.

You seemed to be a very confused person. I drive the car every time it goes out, with the exception of an issue coming up. I assume when someone talks about modding, they are doing the work. I kinda thought it was common sense that car guys work on their cars. At least thats how I've been doing it. ZZP does the work when I don't have time to make deadlines. For some punk that has an attitude and a chip on his shoulder, take my offer to come here and put up. Until you do that, get lost. Or at minimum close your mouth. You seem to really have a problem with someone setting the bar. Quit being a whinny puss and beat me. I share the parts on the car everytime so anyone can buy them. Until then quit being sad that your shit is slow. I've shown the way to fix that. Maybe you should pay attention.
Old 09-14-2018, 10:22 AM   #12
Evil-Bee-NH
603 Camaros

Drives: 2017 NGM I4 1LT Coupe
Quote:
You seemed to be a very confused person. I drive the car every time it goes out, with the exception of an issue coming up. I assume when someone talks about modding, they are doing the work. I kinda thought it was common sense that car guys work on their cars. At least thats how I've been doing it. ZZP does the work when I don't have time to make deadlines. For some punk that has an attitude and a chip on his shoulder, take my offer to come here and put up. Until you do that, get lost. Or at minimum close your mouth. You seem to really have a problem with someone setting the bar. Quit being a whinny puss and beat me. I share the parts on the car everytime so anyone can buy them. Until then quit being sad that your shit is slow. I've shown the way to fix that. Maybe you should pay attention.
You weren't driving the original record. Took credit then got found out and had the same reply. Didn't run the CF8 new record you had your car shipped there and driven by the ZZP guys who are legit. Did you even drive the new record or did Matt or Steve do that to? Don't think we don't know and don't think we're bashing YOUR car or ZZP most just have an issue with a person who takes credit for someone else's final product. All you speak about is couldn't make the deadline then every new record is by someone from ZZP driving your car for you. I'm not going out of my way to say I'm the best i honestly suck at drag racing but i do have fun and i don't take credit for someone else driving my car. Now your come up here and race is enticing even knowing I'd lose just to see who's driving the car that apparently only cost 6k to get into the 10s. Stop lying your selling products with false promises to people who don't know any better because you can't and won't admit they did the work for free or at a massive discount because all those parts combined you listed cost close to 6k but you still forget to add the labor and dyno time so just stop already. Your not gonna fly in after months gone and think your the shit when anyone with sense and who has done research on your car knows you don't drive it for the record times it puts up.

MY 2017 I4 CAMARO BUILD JOURNAL | YOUTUBE | INSTAGRAM | 316RWHP - 385 RWTQ HPTUNERS DYNO TUNE | 12.693s @ 105MPH 1/4 Mile
Evil-Bee-NH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2018, 10:27 AM   #13
Chris V

Drives: 2017 1SS 1LE
Quote:
Sorry I've been quiet, I've been exceptionally busy. Here's to the next limit of the 2.0. The setup will go further but we need more fuel. Solutions are in the works. We are looking to go 9's on this setup, and Matt's progress today that looks promising. I am really hoping for 580-600whp as that is procharged ss territory. I am sick of hearing that if you put $XXX into an ss it would make more power. 6k into an ss would not make the same power. So in short, I'd like to end that argument. Plus the 2.0 will still be faster thanks to it's weight advantage. The car has pulled it's tires at lower power levels, so it hooks awesome.
Congrats on the build, but:

Quote:
6k into an ss would not make the same power.
Don't tell that to the Whipple charged 1LE in my garage

2017 1SS 1LE - 663 whp/623 wtq
Rotofab/Whipple/Kooks 2"/LT5 TB/LT4 Fueling/E85/MCS Coilovers/Ground Control/GOODAero/Apex Wheels/Race Louvers
Chris V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2018, 10:46 AM   #14
2.0t_godfather

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil-Bee-NH View Post
You weren't driving the original record. Took credit then got found out and had the same reply. Didn't run the CF8 new record you had your car shipped there and driven by the ZZP guys who are legit. Did you even drive the new record or did Matt or Steve do that to? Don't think we don't know and don't think we're bashing YOUR car or ZZP most just have an issue with a person who takes credit for someone else's final product. All you speak about is couldn't make the deadline then every new record is by someone from ZZP driving your car for you. I'm not going out of my way to say I'm the best i honestly suck at drag racing but i do have fun and i don't take credit for someone else driving my car. Now your come up here and race is enticing even knowing I'd lose just to see who's driving the car that apparently only cost 6k to get into the 10s. Stop lying your selling products with false promises to people who don't know any better because you can't and won't admit they did the work for free or at a massive discount because all those parts combined you listed cost close to 6k but you still forget to add the labor and dyno time so just stop already. Your not gonna fly in after months gone and think your the shit when anyone with sense and who has done research on your car knows you don't drive it for the record times it puts up.

At some point ZZPsteve will help you out with a breakdown on pricing for parts. Sorry I missed the dyno tune. So another $500 or so. The comparison was drawn between this and an ss. With mods the SS would need a tune also, so its still comparing apples to apples. And I have always stated in parts. I hate to break it to you, but I've worked on that car too. I've been a tech since I was 16, ASE master at 20. I was at ZZP almost daily working on it all last summer. When it was at paint, I was there working on it too. I have never claimed to be the one that drove to time xxx, simply posting that its been done. And what am I selling exactly? Unless it's guns, ammo, gun parts, or tools it didnt come from me. Now in a few months if you'd like to buy a track setup alignment or high end tires and wheels, I'd be more than happy to help you. For someone that has done so much "research" you seem to know very little. Matt always gets first passes to datalog and make adjustments. Then I run it. There is typically less than .1th between my times and theirs. We usually swap to lightest driver for best time, its not rocket science. I usually cut the best 60ft times. The only people that have driven that car at the track is me, Steve or Matt. Steve is the lightest between us, so he usually gets best times. And when we go to the track, I bring my ZL1. I don't know where my skills rate, but no one else drives that car because its a handful, and I offer every time. If I remember right it was one of the only cars that scared Steve. I've put 14k miles on that car pounding on it sideways and kept it in one piece.