Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 04-12-2018, 03:55 PM   #1009
DDustiNN

Drives: Cars
Quote:
Originally Posted by SILVER BULLET RS View Post
I LOVE the new look, it looks so futuristic! It looks just like the Transformers Camaro! The rear lights are awesome and the front fascia really stands out like never before! Yes, they could have put the flowtie on the front SS grill instead of the actual bumper but the bowtie really pops out where they decided to put it! I think its funny that every refresh GM releases every couple years, the TRUE Camaro fans SHRED the car to pieces! The Mustang guys do the same thing to their beloved pony car, so we aren't any better! I'm sure the design engineers that work for GM and Ford really don't care what the TRUE fans think, because they know whatever they come up with it's going to be met with vicious criticism! I'm sure GM isn't losing any sleep over the new refresh, it will sell very good.
Well, to be fair, the 2018 Mustang is quite possibly the ugliest version they've ever released. I just don't know what's going on with these front ends anymore...
DDustiNN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2018, 03:56 PM   #1010
coruiz

Drives: 2018 Camaro 2SS Hyper Blue
Quote:
Originally Posted by DDustiNN View Post
Well, to be fair, the 2018 Mustang is quite possibly the ugliest version they've ever released. I just don't know what's going on with these front ends anymore...
Difference is, the Mustang is selling. Not sure if this one will sell
coruiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2018, 04:03 PM   #1011
Ottawaguy2018

Drives: 2017 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis43 View Post

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
This I would buy. It's amazing how little tweaks can fix thing.This with an IO5 or IO6 Radio and I'm in.

I actually like the rear lights, but this front end is way better
Ottawaguy2018 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2018, 04:04 PM   #1012
hotlap

Drives: 20 1LE 2SS M6 Rally Green
Quote:
Originally Posted by PoorMansCamaro View Post
What if he is? Then it would be ok?
I've seen a lot of strong emotions and insults and he is one of the most intense. So yes, because I think the answer is no

"the trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.”
Ronald Reagan -
hotlap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2018, 04:04 PM   #1013
TrackClub

Drives: 2020 SS 1LE (previous: 2017 SS 1LE)
Quote:
Originally Posted by PoorMansCamaro View Post
Well, when someone uses "no one". it pretty much implies that everyone that didn't like the refresh are haters. so, if you are one that doesn't like the refresh, you are in fact, a hater, per Al O. And I took AZ's post as "we all", are the ones that dislike the refresh. If you like the refresh, he's not talking about you. If you don't like the refresh, well then AZ isn't clumping you into "we all", Al O. is.
There is a huge distance between "no one" and "haters". And nowhere did Al put those two together in his response. Plus we dont know what the orginal message was that he was responding to. So lets not jump to assumptions as to what Al thought or why he said what he said as we are missing a big piece of the puzzle here.

But he is right. A good example is that a majority didnt like the 6 gen rear lights (per the poll) and now everybody seems to love them. Folks hated Lexus new grille but the sales are up sharply. New Camry looks real "out there" but is beating the crap out of Accord. Etc. Thats how change often works in mass market. It is never done thru any type of consensus albeit i am sure theyve done their research. Peace.
TrackClub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2018, 04:05 PM   #1014
Ottawaguy2018

Drives: 2017 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by coruiz View Post
To be fair, the mustang is selling because it's cheaper and they have more of them on the lots. At least here in Canada, you go to any Ford dealer, they will have a row of Mustangs, go to any Chevrolet Dealers and they might have between 0-3 Camaros at most locations
Ottawaguy2018 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2018, 04:14 PM   #1015
TrackClub

Drives: 2020 SS 1LE (previous: 2017 SS 1LE)
Quote:
Originally Posted by coruiz View Post
Mustang is not selling. Their sales have been sliding by about 20% pa since 2015. This year seems no better and is lower than last year. Hence perhaps a sign that the recent refresh tanked.
TrackClub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2018, 04:18 PM   #1016
Martinjlm
Retired from GM

Drives: 2017 Camaro Fifty SS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrackClub View Post
Mustang is not selling. Their sales have been sliding by about 20% pa since 2015. This year seems no better and is lower than last year. Hence perhaps a sign that the recent refresh tanked.
Isn't this more of a sign that pony car / sports car sales are declining as a segment? That leaves Mustang and Camaro slugging it out for what's left in the mid-sports car segment. Corvette would be in the premium sports car segment.
A8 | MRC | NPP | Nav | HUD | GM Performance CAI | Tony Mamo LT1 V2 Ported TB | Kooks 1-7/8” LT Headers | FlexFuel Tune | Thinkware Q800 Pro front and rear dash cam | Charcoal Tint for Taillights and 3rd Brakelight | Orange and Carbon Fiber Bowties | 1LE Wheels in Gunmetal Gray | Carbon Fiber Interior Overlays | Novistretch bra and mirror covers | Tow hitch for bicycle rack |

Martinjlm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2018, 04:19 PM   #1017
jeffnjacki

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
When did they start making the Charger in a two door?
jeffnjacki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2018, 04:25 PM   #1018
SpeedIsLife

Drives: Current Camaro-less
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotlap View Post

FYI - Feedback below. Camaro leads retail sales and average transaction price by a significant margin.

I was responding to someone who was saying the reason why the Camaro isn't taking off in sales is due to lack of GM sponsored pricing help.

But good job bringing an irrelevant point into the mix.
SpeedIsLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2018, 04:29 PM   #1019
thefirstcause

Drives: 2016 Camaro 1SS, 2009 Mazda6 GT V6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ottawaguy2018 View Post
This I would buy. It's amazing how little tweaks can fix thing.This with an IO5 or IO6 Radio and I'm in.

I actually like the rear lights, but this front end is way better
I agree, that photoshopping is awesome. Pretty much the best one I've seen yet and exactly what the refresh should have looked like. I too like the taillights. Too bad this isn't what Camaro is getting.
thefirstcause is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2018, 04:32 PM   #1020
triggerjerk

Drives: 2023 Camaro ZL1
Sad to see Al O dismiss concerned enthusiasts as "haters".

Guaranteed now that they will make no changes to the car before release.
triggerjerk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2018, 04:37 PM   #1021
Boost Creep

Drives: '18 1SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefirstcause View Post
I agree, that photoshopping is awesome. Pretty much the best one I've seen yet and exactly what the refresh should have looked like. I too like the taillights. Too bad this isn't what Camaro is getting.
Might be something some body colored wrap could solve with the front bumper.
Boost Creep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2018, 04:52 PM   #1022
triggerjerk

Drives: 2023 Camaro ZL1
Where is SLP with a new grille when you need them? Haha.
triggerjerk is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
2019 camaro refresh, 2020 camrao, becky, beckyd, camaro refresh, camarodestroyed, new camaro, ugly camaro, wtf?!?!