Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Member Car Journals

Old 06-06-2017, 08:57 PM   #1
Praymond843

Drives: 12' Camaro 2SS
Which procharger to choose???!!

So I bought my 2012 camaro ss.. put on the normal bolt ons... CAI, headers, exhaust..i bought a Diablo intune device for tuning. So now i want to install a pro charger. I'm trying to do all the work myself but don't know where to start. Some people I hear are putting in the ZL1 fuel pump... Injectors, dyno tuning etc etc. Then some aren't?? Idk just kinda lost and new to forced induction. My father is going to be helping me with installing everything... We've made a couple kit cars and restored a few muscle cars.. But neither of us have done anything with superchargers or turbos on newer cars.. Like he says.. "All the computer stuff worries me". So maybe if anyone could start me off with a basic list of what I absolutely need...Was looking at the new D-1X model if that helps.
Praymond843 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2017, 07:28 PM   #2
Praymond843

Drives: 12' Camaro 2SS
Guess no help here =[
Praymond843 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2017, 07:39 PM   #3
SynergyGreenSS

Drives: 2011 2SS
Try posting in forced induction thread. Might get some more help over there
LSA Supercharger, BTR Stage 3 PDS Cam, Yank 3200SS, Weapon X Stage 2 intake, LSA Heads, Flex Fuel, Ported throttle body, Speed Engineering Headers, NOWEEDS, ZL1 fuel pump, DSX AUX Pump, ID-1050X injectors, 3” pipe to NPP mufflers, 3.91 gears
SynergyGreenSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2017, 07:55 PM   #4
hammdo
'It's an experiment'

Drives: [COTW 2/09/15] '11 GPI LSA SC Z/LE
Ditto, this is in the Members Build section so not much else really goes on here...

-Don
hammdo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2017, 08:24 PM   #5
steakmaker

Drives: '10 Camaro SS,Jeep Commander Hemi
ProCharger help

Quote:
Originally Posted by Praymond843 View Post
So I bought my 2012 camaro ss.. put on the normal bolt ons... CAI, headers, exhaust..i bought a Diablo intune device for tuning. So now i want to install a pro charger. I'm trying to do all the work myself but don't know where to start. Some people I hear are putting in the ZL1 fuel pump... Injectors, dyno tuning etc etc. Then some aren't?? Idk just kinda lost and new to forced induction. My father is going to be helping me with installing everything... We've made a couple kit cars and restored a few muscle cars.. But neither of us have done anything with superchargers or turbos on newer cars.. Like he says.. "All the computer stuff worries me". So maybe if anyone could start me off with a basic list of what I absolutely need...Was looking at the new D-1X model if that helps.
Praymond843;
Just get in touch with the ProCharger people,they'll take care of you and reassure you how easy it is.Their complete kits (not the tunner kits) have everything you'll need.You can look up the installation on the internet,possibly Youtube. Good Luck! "Steakmaker"
steakmaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2017, 07:44 AM   #6
Bildo

Drives: 2012 2SS/RS LS3
D1X will be more than you will need with a stock bottom end, a zl1 fuel pump is only really good up to 650rwhp, I am currently installing a F1A hoping to upgrade to a F1X in the future but definitely not stock block/ internals/ or fuel system

Last edited by Bildo; 06-16-2017 at 08:04 AM.
Bildo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2017, 03:01 PM   #7
ZZZTOPZZZ

Drives: 2013 L99 2SS Vert
Pro Charger Thoughts

Next week I'm looking forward to finally getting my 2013 2 SS convertible Pro Charger project going. The only mods on the car so far are Stainless Systems headers & cats and an Airaid cold air system, which will have to come out.

I'm going with the entry level ProCharger, 7 lbs boost. The install will be done by Billy Briggs Racing here in Walled Lake, MI. The actual install will probably not take place until the snow flies, as I don't want to tie my ride up for the rest of the summer. We'll be sitting down next week and going over the project step-by step. Billy Briggs is an authorized ProCharger dealer and the car will be dyno tuned before it hits the streets next spring.

I've been told in the past that I may have a few bolts that aren't fully torqued, but that's never been much of a deterrent in the past (will be 77 in September). My wife thinks I'm a little nuts, although see managed to give me her blessings.

Anyway, anyone out there in a similar situation? I'm wondering what I'll see at the rear wheels on my L99. Also, what do think of my ProCharger choice over Magnuson, Edelbrock, and Whipple?
ZZZTOPZZZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2017, 03:36 PM   #8
Taylortoons

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS LS3
My Procharger dealer talked me into the D1 with a race intercooler and I'm glad he did because it gives you more options down the road. It's been a month since the install and I'm already wanting more. LOL!
Old 07-17-2017, 04:57 PM   #9
ZZZTOPZZZ

Drives: 2013 L99 2SS Vert
If you don't mind me asking, what was price differential?
ZZZTOPZZZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2017, 08:12 PM   #10
Taylortoons

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS LS3
For me, I was looking at future mods vs up front costs. It's cheaper to give yourself some room to grow on the front end.

Rule 1: One mod begets another mod.
Rule 2: It's never enough (already looking at cam and LTH).

Also, I opted for the upgrade low noise impeller. I want to hear the blower, but not really interested with it screaming at me all the time. I get enough of that already...

Tags
procharger