Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 6th gen Camaro vs...

Phastek Performance

Old 09-02-2015, 02:12 PM   #29
CmeltoN91

Drives: 13 Elantra Coupe(not for long!)
Quote:
Originally Posted by LesserO2Evils View Post
I hate to say this, because I used to be a BIG Cummins Turbodiesel fan, but Dodge's QC has ALWAYS been junk. I like the new cars. Always said if we had to buy a 4 door car, it would be a new Charger. But it just seems never ending with them. Since I was a kid, the Dodge complaints have remained at a steady pace(HIGH), meanwhile Ford and Chevy have fluctuated. Ive owned 4 dodges. 3 trucks, 1 car. I just dont think I could bring myself to buy one again. Lately, my old Cummins buddies are coming to the same realization.
Well maybe Nissan will help rectify the Cummins name...although I personally think the new Titan is ugly!
CmeltoN91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2015, 02:20 PM   #30
SS 1LE
マスタング = 遅い

Drives: 2017 Chevrolet Camaro SS 1LE
I do, and have owned both. I am still deciding what's next for '17.

I currently own a '11 Mustang GT/CS, before that I had a '00 Camaro SS and I just sold my '88 IROC-Z.
SS 1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2015, 02:44 PM   #31
Arrow signs

Drives: Chevy Duramax
Quote:
Originally Posted by CmeltoN91 View Post
Well maybe Nissan will help rectify the Cummins name...although I personally think the new Titan is ugly!
Nothing wrong with Cummins it's the Tranny and the rest of the Dodge truck that is the problem. I went thru 3 "built" Transmissions in 140K miles. Also been down the Ford truck road with the 08' twin turbo junk. The Duramax / Allison combo are the only HD trucks I will buy.
Arrow signs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2015, 03:09 PM   #32
Thor142

Drives: 2014 2LS (traded in) 2015 1SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arrow signs View Post
Nothing wrong with Cummins it's the Tranny and the rest of the Dodge truck that is the problem. I went thru 3 "built" Transmissions in 140K miles. Also been down the Ford truck road with the 08' twin turbo junk. The Duramax / Allison combo are the only HD trucks I will buy.
Ford never should have discontinued the 7.3 International turbo diesel. I have a 2000 with 386,000 miles. Original tranny and engine.
Thor142 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2015, 03:17 PM   #33
ecoswag1990

Drives: 2015 Mustang EB Performance Pack
I like things about both. Here's a good shot of my Mustang across from the neighbors camaro. I think we've both caught each other checking out the others' ride on more than one occasion

Ford Racing Catback
ecoswag1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2015, 03:22 PM   #34
LesserO2Evils
GM repeat offender...

Drives: 16 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by CmeltoN91 View Post

Im with Arrowsigns. Nothing wrong with the Cummins. It was the rest of the truck... The DODGE PART of the truck that was just pure junk. Transmissions, dashes, seats, mouldings, and dont even get me started on the ELECTRICAL issues.

INCOMING: ‘22 ZL1, Satin Steel. A10. PDR.
Ordered: 03/02/22.
LesserO2Evils is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2015, 03:38 PM   #35
Blackdevil77

Drives: 2008 Pontiac G8 GT, Shelby GT500
I like them both. Here's my current car. Which is for sale actually. Time to move on, I need the money anyway for more financially responsible things.

Blackdevil77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2015, 03:50 PM   #36
Thor142

Drives: 2014 2LS (traded in) 2015 1SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackdevil77 View Post
I like them both. Here's my current car. Which is for sale actually. Time to move on, I need the money anyway for more financially responsible things.
NICE!!
Thor142 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2015, 05:05 PM   #37
rayhawk

Drives: Camaro SS
I like the current Mustang, although I am not a big fan of Ford in general. I know a lot has changed in the past few years but the overall lack of quality in years past is just too fresh in my mind. I wasn't a fan of the new Mustang body style initially but it is really growing on me now. The GT350 is incredible, but well out of my price range. I still prefer the Camaro though.
Old 09-02-2015, 09:19 PM   #38
amerhash28

Drives: camaros in his dreams
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackdevil77 View Post

My dad's favourite american in his favourite color.he starred at your pics for 15 minutes
amerhash28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2015, 09:47 PM   #39
neutral

Drives: Ask.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rayhawk View Post
I like the current Mustang, although I am not a big fan of Ford in general. I know a lot has changed in the past few years but the overall lack of quality in years past is just too fresh in my mind. I wasn't a fan of the new Mustang body style initially but it is really growing on me now. The GT350 is incredible, but well out of my price range. I still prefer the Camaro though.
Bro, if the 6G Camaro was released before I bought my GT, I might've come out $5k more out of pocket right now. I'm completely split down the middle between the two and can see where and why the Camaro costs a bit more. Could've seen myself in a 2SS with MRC, NPP, etc.

Would jump at a GT350 without thinking, only if I could actually reasonably afford it though.
neutral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2015, 12:37 PM   #40
IOMike

Drives: 2022 F150, 87 Monte Carlo
I like the newest Mustang overall, my biggest gripe comes from the front and especially the headlights. The previous generation were ok, but I just hated them from 94(?) to 2010 (?).

The 98-02 Camaro's were great, the 5th gen's are pretty meh to me. Love the 6th gen.
IOMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2015, 02:53 PM   #41
Enders

Drives: 2015 Mustang
I'm definitely a fan of both.

I've always loved the looks of the 5th gen Camaro (before the refresh). The 6th gen I'm a bit iffy on still. I love the front but the rear still seems to be the same for the most part which is a shame (at least in shape, I know the taillights are slightly different). Still gotta see it in-person though since I wasn't a huge fan of the 6th gen Mustang until I was standing right next to it. I currently own a 2015 Mustang and it's a great car but there are definitely a few angles on the rear where it looks a bit awkward.

I plan on upgrading to a V8 in a year or so since I'll be able to afford it. It'll be a tough choice having to decide between the two. So far though, I do like the fact that the Camaro offers MRC and NPP which is making me heavily leaning me towards it. Hopefully Ford responds appropriately for the 17MY.
Enders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2015, 03:20 PM   #42
Sledgehammer70
Lethal Camaro

Drives: 16 2SS, 71 Std, Suburban RTS
Quote:
Originally Posted by neutral View Post
I've always been a fan of a good car regardless of its make, and that's largely why I never stick with a single brand. On that same note, nothing bothers me more than a "car guy" that pledges allegiance to a single brand and does nothing but talk smack about the competitors; they're the people that look at things on a black-and-white scale. The kinds of people that classify something as the best and any other offering falling objectively (or subjectively) short--regardless of the margin--as a piece of shit.

I'm a huge fan of both the S550 and the Alpha Camaro offerings. I think they both have their strengths and potential shortcomings, but I'm sure that whoever buys them will be more or less satisfied with their purchase.

So who's a fan of more than one flavor? Maybe spread some positivity around.

Disclaimer: I own a '15 GT and have nothing but good things to say about the new Camaro. I also understand the nature of rivalries.
It's always funny to see how we qualify what we like and dislike. The like and dislike is always in the eye of the beholder, and I never judge anyone for their distaste in design. But when it comes to performance, people can be and are wrong .

Overall I have liked some Mustangs... In most cases for newer models, it has always been the higher end variants. I have never liked the lowest end models as they typically lack the little details that make a car pop. I was never a fan of the 1994 redesign and only really got into the 2013 GT loaded up look. It was clean as hell. And God Damn that 2013 Cobra.... so clean and sexy.

For the 2015 Mustang redesign, I felt the hood is a bit long, outside of that... I do like the car. But the GT350R has a nice look and stance that make it a really nice looking car. Can't wait to see the GT500. But it's funny... especially with the price crazy on the 2016 Camaro. The Mustang has always been out of reach for me in price. Like I can afford the base price on most of these cars, but the dealer markup has always been to crazy to afford.

My father was a Mustang guy, and maybe that is why I do have some liking for them. I think he cried when I told him I liked the Camaro more. But the 2010 release and the way I setup my 2013 Camaro won him over.

But my argument and views go the other way as well. I say this with no disrespect to any Camaro owner here. But I am just not a fan of the stock LS 2010-2015. Nor am I a fan of the car without the RS package upgrade.

I am also one of the Camaro lovers who just couldn't love the 4th gen as many people here do (Did I just admit that in public? /shame). Overall, I felt the 4th gen was ahead of its time in design (please don't hate me for my opinion). But Gen 1,2,3,5 and now 6 have always had my heart.

But if I could own anyone car again it would be my first love... A 1969 Z/28 with a modern drive train and suspension with an upgraded interior to meet the needs of today's driver. I would drive the hell out of it
Sledgehammer70 is offline   Reply With Quote