Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 6th gen Camaro vs...

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 05-22-2015, 11:44 AM   #113
NASTY99Z28

Drives: 99z28 with bolt-ons and a mwc fab 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by IOMike View Post
I love that there are two Mustang owners arguing on a Camaro forum.

I think the two turbo 4 cylinder engines will be close. I'm sure the aftermarket is equally large between both.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Firefighter View Post
It's always the same with the Ford Trolls. IDK why they come over to talk crap, I have better things to do than go to a Mustang site and tell them how good our cars are.

I tell them every once in a while in person though. Well my tail lights do... LoL

Sent from my QTAQZ3 using Tapatalk
Quote:
Originally Posted by Firefighter View Post
Well that's crap, I wish they wouldn't do that its stupid. We have more then a few threads where its just full of BS from the other team and to be honest it gets irritating.

You guys need to learn what a "troll" really is. Neither of the two in this thread are bashing either car. They are simply comparing and debating weight vs power vs quickness. Something we as Chevy owners do and it's "OK".
Old 05-22-2015, 12:01 PM   #114
IOMike

Drives: 2022 F150, 87 Monte Carlo
I didn't call anyone a troll. Re read my post.
IOMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2015, 02:38 PM   #115
ChefBorOzzy

Drives: 2016 F150
I didn't take IOMike's post as calling anyone a troll.. Just that it's funny seeing two guys who each own a Mustang arguing back and forth between a Camaro and Mustang. LOL.

Look forward to getting my hands on the SS.

On a sidenote, I drove my buddy's 2015 GT PP again and I just can't bang through the gears on his car like I can on my 13. Feels much more notchy and takes longer to get that 1-2 shift.
ChefBorOzzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2015, 03:12 PM   #116
GretchenGotGrowl

Drives: 11 F150 EB/13 Sonic RS/15 Z06
Quote:
Originally Posted by ztwentypoop View Post
Why would anybody interested in quarter-mile times purchase a V6 or t4 in the first place. Those trims are intended for the daily driving/commuter crowd. I know a lot of people looking to take their cars to the track/strip settle for them based on financial considerations, but I don't see why someone would purposely buy one if the v8 option was available to them.
Why climb Mt. Rainer when you can just take the helicopter tour?
Old 05-22-2015, 03:25 PM   #117
ecoswag1990

Drives: 2015 Mustang EB Performance Pack
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChefBorOzzy View Post
I didn't take IOMike's post as calling anyone a troll.. Just that it's funny seeing two guys who each own a Mustang arguing back and forth between a Camaro and Mustang. LOL.

Look forward to getting my hands on the SS.

On a sidenote, I drove my buddy's 2015 GT PP again and I just can't bang through the gears on his car like I can on my 13. Feels much more notchy and takes longer to get that 1-2 shift.
Turncoat
Ford Racing Catback
ecoswag1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2015, 04:25 PM   #118
ardailsmith

Drives: 2012 2LT LFX A6 RS Black on Black
Quote:
Originally Posted by shrinkdoc View Post
With Chevy upping the V6 to 335hp keeping it as the middle option which is as it should be. Any wanna bet that Ford bumps there V6 HP back up again making it their middle option again over the ecoboost 4?
In 2012 Chevy Moved the V6 Camaro up to 323hp and Ford replied with a 305hp V6. In 2013 Ford had a 305hp V6, 2014 305 and then in 2015 Ford showed Chevy what they could do with a V6. They worked that 3.7 Liter in to a 300hp monster, going from a 18hp gap to a 23hp gap.

Now for 2016 the Camaro V6 is now sitting at 335hp. That is a 35hp gap, that I am sure they could cover but the won't. Ford believes that people who buy the V6 want for its looks and price and not for the performance.

My fear is the Chevy will go down that road with it's V6. By making the V6 all show and no go. Yes I know the 6th Gen V6 power plant is pumping out more horses than ever before. If you really take a look at the 6th Gen V6 you will see that it has been hobbled in other areas.

On the 5th Gen V6 you can if you want upgrade to ZL1, 1LE or a Z/28 suspension package. The 6th Gen V6 looks like it may not have staggered wheels, (notice that the LT tiers are all the same size) I'm guessing but I don't think that the suspension on the rear will be a direct fit like it is on the 5th. (correct me if I wrong (I hope I am) please)
Old 05-22-2015, 05:04 PM   #119
IOMike

Drives: 2022 F150, 87 Monte Carlo
If Ford was interested in keeping the v6 a mid engine, just below the 5.0 they probably would have squeezed a few more ponies out of it. I don't think there is any question that a v6 Mustang will be slower than a v6 Camaro. I believe, but have not looked into it, that the Turbo 4 cylinder Mustang is faster than the v6 Mustang, so no surprise there.

How does the turbo itself compare between the LTG 2.0T that the Camaro will use and what Ford is using in the Ecoboost Mustang?
IOMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2015, 05:30 PM   #120
ecoswag1990

Drives: 2015 Mustang EB Performance Pack
Ford said they originally planned to phase out the V6 in the new mustang but decided last minute to keep it as a low price option and for fleet sales but it has no options whatsoever unlike the other two engines
Ford Racing Catback
ecoswag1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2015, 05:40 PM   #121
NASTY99Z28

Quote:
Originally Posted by IOMike View Post
I didn't call anyone a troll. Re read my post.
It was more for the other post's but I included yours because it was part of the convo. That's all.
Old 05-22-2015, 05:42 PM   #122
NASTY99Z28

Quote:
Originally Posted by ardailsmith View Post
In 2012 Chevy Moved the V6 Camaro up to 323hp and Ford replied with a 305hp V6. In 2013 Ford had a 305hp V6, 2014 305 and then in 2015 Ford showed Chevy what they could do with a V6. They worked that 3.7 Liter in to a 300hp monster, going from a 18hp gap to a 23hp gap.

Now for 2016 the Camaro V6 is now sitting at 335hp. That is a 35hp gap, that I am sure they could cover but the won't. Ford believes that people who buy the V6 want for its looks and price and not for the performance.

My fear is the Chevy will go down that road with it's V6. By making the V6 all show and no go. Yes I know the 6th Gen V6 power plant is pumping out more horses than ever before. If you really take a look at the 6th Gen V6 you will see that it has been hobbled in other areas.

On the 5th Gen V6 you can if you want upgrade to ZL1, 1LE or a Z/28 suspension package. The 6th Gen V6 looks like it may not have staggered wheels, (notice that the LT tiers are all the same size) I'm guessing but I don't think that the suspension on the rear will be a direct fit like it is on the 5th. (correct me if I wrong (I hope I am) please)
Since when could you get a 5th gen v6 with those suspension packages????? Did u mean v8?
Old 05-22-2015, 05:57 PM   #123
Firefighter

Drives: Black '13 2SS/RS/1LE w/NPP/NAV
Quote:
Originally Posted by NASTY99Z28 View Post
You guys need to learn what a "troll" really is. Neither of the two in this thread are bashing either car. They are simply comparing and debating weight vs power vs quickness. Something we as Chevy owners do and it's "OK".
Give it a while it will degrade into trollishness...

Old 05-22-2015, 06:34 PM   #124
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by ardailsmith View Post

Not sure at all what you mean by "it has been hobbled in other areas". ??? Please explain. The V6 in this gen is going to be more capable than it ever has been. Sure, it may not have ALL the performance features of the SS...but then again should it? I for one would love to see a performance package available for the V6 (and T4 for what its worth) consisting of brakes/suspension/gears....but then again the car will have available brembos, and if you read the review posted on the home page the driver compared the handling feel to that of his own 2014 SS 1LE. That's one heck of a compliment if you ask me.

335HP, in a 3,500-ish car, with an 8 speed is no where close to "all show and no go". I'm not saying you are implying that...I'm just stating it. Its not LT1 fast, but its quick. Mark my word....with a few good bolt ons, a tune, and maybe a little weight reduction, or tires, these new V6s will likely be giving stock L99s a hard time in the 1/4 mile.

As for the wheels, with the RS package it will have the same wheels as SS. Only difference might be that the SS may get a better performance tire, but that is not confirmed yet as far as I know.
Old 05-22-2015, 07:37 PM   #125
titanfan
Account Suspended

Drives: Several in a big garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by GretchenGotGrowl View Post
Why climb Mt. Rainer when you can just take the helicopter tour?
I don't get your point. How are the two even remotely related?
titanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2015, 08:14 PM   #126
GretchenGotGrowl

Drives: 11 F150 EB/13 Sonic RS/15 Z06
Quote:
Originally Posted by ztwentypoop View Post
I don't get your point. How are the two even remotely related?
Some people like a challenge. Climbing a mountain is more challenging than taking a helecopter tour. Making big power out of a 3.6L V6 with little aftermarket support is more challenging than walking into a dealership and buying a V8.