Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Road Course/Track and Autocross

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 12-17-2018, 08:17 PM   #1
driverxdeutsch

Drives: 2018 V6 1LE
SoCal - American Muscle Cup

Hello all, just wanted to send out a quick invitation to any SoCal people. I found out about American Muscle Cup earlier this year and made it out to two of their events in the last few months.

If you're interested in coming out and putting some times down against a really great group, this is the place to do it. Lots of competition in all classes and dedicated run groups just for the series. Basically the same format as any HPDE except with a group that knows what they're doing and has a lot of fun working for the best time in class.

I have zero affiliation with the series other than giving them money to go out on track. I'm signed up for all of 2019 and would love to see some more Camaro's out there, right now the Mustang's and Corvette's are far too frequently in the top spots.

There are something like 10 days in 2019 so plenty of chances to make it out. You can find more info on their site: http://xsmusclecup.com/ There is also very active facebook group that you should be able to find. Hope to see you out there!
driverxdeutsch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2018, 10:03 AM   #2
Tim202

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
This looks interesting. I clicked on your link but in the "Events" it only has round 7 and I don't see anything about 2019.
Tim202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2018, 12:29 PM   #3
kropscamaro16

Drives: 2016 1ss camaro
eh ive seen and heard it but after finding out its run by extremespeed who i have ran with before in the past not really interested lol they suck
Old 12-19-2018, 01:43 PM   #4
driverxdeutsch

Oh oops, their site isn't up to date, the 2019 dates and rules are both on their facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/MusclecupUSA/

Krops, I 100% agree with you, extreme speed can be awful. Prior to American Muscle Cup I have always run with Speed Ventures, use to run in the S2K Challenge they put on and it was wonderful. But this is the only local group that you can compete in with a Camaro (besides NASA, which is complicated).

The saving grace for American Muscle Cup is that you're in a dedicated run group. So you're not dealing with the typical extreme speed crowd. While it is true that XS is disorganized and very light on driver education, the AMC run group is 95% experienced drivers that don't need hand holding. AMC also has its own organizer, who is great. It's basically it's own series that happens to run on the same days that XS has the track. Come out to one and you'll be into it.
Old 12-19-2018, 02:08 PM   #5
kropscamaro16

oh well thats good i guess lol my buddy marc with the blue ss and my buddy jin with the nfg zl1 run it and it looks good i personally only raced at fontana with my ss yet so maybe if i get a new job and keep my credit card paid off next year ill come out some more lol
Old 12-19-2018, 04:34 PM   #6
driverxdeutsch

Oh yeah, I know of them. Haven't really talked to them ever though. I've been meaning to message Marc, he's pretty quick and basically started from the same car I have, at least suspension wise.

The other advantage of it being extreme speed is that it's pretty cheap to come out, except for tires.
Old 12-19-2018, 05:03 PM   #7
kropscamaro16

yea this is true and yea hes gone through like 5 or 6 sets this year lol crazy

Tags
hpde, racing, socal, track