Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Nav, Radar, Electronics

AWE Tuning

Old 08-13-2019, 03:57 PM   #1
G2K
@Blackmamba_1LE

Drives: 2017 1LE
Banks iDash Super Gauge

I about to purchase an OBD2 gauge and came across this one.

https://www.bankspower.com/i-2591-66...SABEgKqd_D_BwE

I really dislike the 90s sceen of the Aeroforce and dont want the size of the Ngauge....

This Banks looks IMO very good and modern for just about the price of an aeroforce (a tad more)

My questions are:
- Does anyone use it on a camaro?
- Thoughts?
- Can you read Ethanol content?
(this would be my deal breaker as this is the main reason why I'm purchasing a gauge in the first place)

I will need boost, IAT, Fuel banks (which their PID list shows they do read)
However E% isnt on the list.)

But not being on the list doesn't mean it doesn't read it, for example, Aeroforce doesnt have E% on their PID list either but I know 100% they do read them as I had a gauge from them for a couple of weeks (a loaner)

Thanks in advance guys
Old 08-13-2019, 06:52 PM   #2
DorkMissile

Drives: 18 1SS 1LE HyperBlue
I can't speak for the Banks or Even NGauge, however I do use a Aem X-Series OBD2 gage and will say if you plan on doing any logging with HP Tuners that you have to unhook the OBD gage as you will run into data stream logging.

I bring it up so that if you mount something like this make sure you have access to some way to disconnect it easily. I had everything on a OBD - T Splitter as I have a logging wideband also. Everything looked nice and clean up behind the dash until I started running into freezing log files LOL
Old 08-13-2019, 08:22 PM   #3
G2K
@Blackmamba_1LE

Thanks. I currently have the AEM xseries AFR gauge. And will have this connected in pair for daily driving. Disconnect the obd2 reader when using the hp tuners. I have no issue with that. This will be more for E content reading and other data for normal driving
Old 08-13-2019, 08:41 PM   #4
Joshinator99

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by G2K View Post
I about to purchase an OBD2 gauge and came across this one.

https://www.bankspower.com/i-2591-66...SABEgKqd_D_BwE

I really dislike the 90s sceen of the Aeroforce and dont want the size of the Ngauge....

This Banks looks IMO very good and modern for just about the price of an aeroforce (a tad more)

My questions are:
- Does anyone use it on a camaro?
- Thoughts?
- Can you read Ethanol content?
(this would be my deal breaker as this is the main reason why I'm purchasing a gauge in the first place)

I will need boost, IAT, Fuel banks (which their PID list shows they do read)
However E% isnt on the list.)

But not being on the list doesn't mean it doesn't read it, for example, Aeroforce doesnt have E% on their PID list either but I know 100% they do read them as I had a gauge from them for a couple of weeks (a loaner)

Thanks in advance guys
This Banks unit looks way better than the Aeroforce unit! Interested to find out the answer regarding E% as well.

Update: I just sent Banks tech support an email to ask this question. I’ll post their reply as soon as I get it.

Last edited by Joshinator99; 08-13-2019 at 10:26 PM.
Joshinator99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2019, 12:46 PM   #5
Grumpy1

Drives: 2018 ZL1 Hyper Blue A10
I agree these definitely look much better than the Aeroforce gauges, more up to date.
Depends on the performance...........
Grumpy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2019, 01:31 PM   #6
G2K
@Blackmamba_1LE

So, I got a call back from Banks this morning and CURRENTLY no E85 reading... WHAT A BUMMER.... their engineers are currently developing this PiD for the gauge but no time frame was given to me. Really sucks, I just love the features and how you can personalize however you want. Weird that few people in the Camaro community know about it. I guess its just we follow trends and dont look outside the box.

Anyway, they said they are very close to cracking it.. but not yet. Whats cool is you can update the gauge yourself. Not needing to send it in and spend more $$$.

I'll see how much I can wait it out before just giving up and get "what everyone has"
Old 08-14-2019, 02:21 PM   #7
Grumpy1

Drives: 2018 ZL1 Hyper Blue A10
Quote:
So, I got a call back from Banks this morning and CURRENTLY no E85 reading... WHAT A BUMMER.... their engineers are currently developing this PiD for the gauge but no time frame was given to me. Really sucks, I just love the features and how you can personalize however you want. Weird that few people in the Camaro community know about it. I guess its just we follow trends and dont look outside the box.

Anyway, they said they are very close to cracking it.. but not yet. Whats cool is you can update the gauge yourself. Not needing to send it in and spend more $$$.

I'll see how much I can wait it out before just giving up and get "what everyone has"
Could be when looking at their website there is no mention about cars, all trucks.
People could just overlook it.
Didn't know until now this is part of Gale Banks Eng., that's a name that's been around for awhile.
Grumpy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2019, 03:00 PM   #8
G2K
@Blackmamba_1LE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy1 View Post
Could be when looking at their website there is no mention about cars, all trucks.
People could just overlook it.
Didn't know until now this is part of Gale Banks Eng., that's a name that's been around for awhile.
Yeah you right, could be one of the reasons.
Old 08-14-2019, 05:43 PM   #9
TheBusDriver

Drives: 2016 2SS (M6)
Yeah, I mean this gauge is really built for Diesel trucks.

I don't think any Diesel guys are gonna be doing Flex Fuel kits. lol
TheBusDriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2019, 06:24 PM   #10
Tazz3069

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
i think i this this gauge. i wonder how well it will work with our cars?

2016 Camaro 2SS "Black Widow"
Tazz3069 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2019, 07:46 PM   #11
Joshinator99

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS A8
Quote:

Wow, too funny. I also got a call from Banks, and they told me 2-4 weeks for their engineering to add that flexfuel PID. They also said that if I don’t hear from them after a month, to feel free to reach out to them again. He also told me he talked to a guy from Florida about this too...Must have been you, G2K! But they sounded very positive that they would get this done soon. I told them my HP Tuners setup could do it, so no reason they cannot.

So, I’m going to wait for this Banks one to get up to speed. Looks much nicer than the Aeroforce. My brother has the Banks in his Denali HD Duramax and it’s really nice.
Old 08-14-2019, 09:20 PM   #12
forcefedjunkie

Drives: '14 ZL1, Duramax H2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy1 View Post
I agree these definitely look much better than the Aeroforce gauges, more up to date.
Depends on the performance...........
I think looks are debatable, the Banks is very utilitarian vs the Aeroforce which has a more classic look with countless customization options and machined aluminum bezels. Does the Banks have anything besides the black plastic bezel and face? The Aeroforce also has fan and IC pump activation and about 60 enhanced parameters like IAT2, IAT3, Inj DC, Ethanol %. I admit I don't know what all the Banks supports. Does it support enhanced parameters?
Attached Images

forcefedjunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2019, 09:36 PM   #13
mjoneil

Drives: '17 2SS
I did the P3 gauge for AFR. But with boost, AFR and ethanol you need to add on more parts which gets up to like $600. But it's clean

mjoneil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2019, 09:40 PM   #14
Vtor_ZL1
Who Needs to KNOW?

Drives: 18 ZLE
What we need is that data on center screen... GTR style.

Are you in the NY/NJ/PA/CT region? Join us for autox fun at MetLife Stadium. HUGE lots, tons of runs.

http://www.motorsportsne.com/
Vtor_ZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote