Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro DIY & HOW-TO instructions & discussions

Old 02-24-2019, 10:09 PM   #1
Turbo_J89

Drives: 2015 BVM Camaro 1LE (2SS/RS)
How to remove Fog Light Bezels: 2014-2015 Camaro SS

Does anyone have experience with removing the fog light trim/bezels on a 2014-2015 Camaro SS?

I'm overhauling my front bumper to be painted. I've figured out everything except for any easy way to remove the fog light trim pieces( there are 2). I removed the fog light assembly by using a torx screwdriver through the small hole (accessed from the front of the bumper above the fog light).

There seems to be several posts on the 2010-2013 style but no resources for the 2014-2015 style.

With the fog light assembly removed, it appears several pressure clips must be compressed (from behind the bumper) to release the black circular piece on the inside.They require quite a bit of force. More than can be done by hand or with a trim removal tool. Is there some special trick to this or something clever you found to make this easy?

I could probably jam some screw drivers in there and get the job done but I'm looking for a non-destructive method.
Attached Images

Last edited by Turbo_J89; 02-24-2019 at 10:31 PM.
Turbo_J89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2019, 07:14 AM   #2
BLU DUCE

Drives: 2011 1SS/RS IBM Camaro
Look at the back side of your fascia. You will see 8 tabs going around the piece you want to take out. 2 on each side just push each one inward and down. Should just pop out.
Old 02-25-2019, 02:35 PM   #3
Turbo_J89

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLU DUCE View Post
Look at the back side of your fascia. You will see 8 tabs going around the piece you want to take out. 2 on each side just push each one inward and down. Should just pop out.
Is there a trick to compress them easily? By inward, are you referring to towards the center of the circle or outside of the circle?

Last edited by Turbo_J89; 02-25-2019 at 06:13 PM.
Old 02-25-2019, 06:33 PM   #4
BLU DUCE

Drives: 2011 1SS/RS IBM Camaro
Look directly at the tab. You will see there is a lip on the tab this holds the part in place. Just push it the opposite direction so it is directly over the slot and push down on the tab.

Last edited by BLU DUCE; 02-26-2019 at 02:16 AM.
BLU DUCE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2019, 09:57 PM   #5
Turbo_J89

Just to close this post out, I did get the fog light trim out.

Step 1) unplug fog light wiring harness
Step 2) using the small hole above the fog light (viewing the bumper from the front), insert a T15 screwdriver and unthread the fog light adjustment bolt
Step 3) by hand, pry open the circular holes securing the bottom of the fog light and remove it.
Step 4) Using a metal trim/panel remover tool (resembles a screwdriver), push the 4 sets of 2 plastic clips outward while gently pulling back on the circular for light trim piece (on the inside of the bumper). Once all clips are released, remove the circular piece.
Step 5) using a metal trim/panel remover tool, align the tabs on the fog light outer bezel trim piece so they slide through the slots in the bumper and push the trim piece towards the front of the bumper. Once all are released, the outer bezel trim piece comes off the front of the bumper.