Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 01-13-2019, 01:45 PM   #15
captaincog

Drives: 1971 350RS/SS 4sp
Really who cares?

If the seller agreed to the price then the seller made the choice, good or bad, to live with it.

The same for the seller.

Stupid conversation.
1971 RS/SS 350 4 speed Teal Green
captaincog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2019, 03:05 PM   #16
silversleeper
Big Crow

Drives: '13 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusty35 View Post
I have always found shipping more convenient than inviting strangers to your home or loading your car and finding some acceptable meeting place.
Having them flake and not show, or show up with no cash asking you to finance it, take nothing for it or other nonsense. They return later when your not home to steal it. Yeah screw that, the seller can do whatever he feels comfortable with.
silversleeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2019, 06:30 PM   #17
splashlog48

Drives: 2011 Green SS M6
I saw a set of rims and tires for my Silverado on eBay and the guy wanted $1,200 and $200 shipping. I noticed he was local and offered him $1,100 Cold Cash with a local meetup. We saved each other a Big Hassle. I don’t know if this is what you’re talking about ?????
Edelbrock EForce Blower, RDP custom grind cam with upgrades,Stainless Power Headers with HighFlow Cats, Stainless Power Retro catback, DSS halfshafts, CAI brand CAI, Tuned ON the Dyno by Steve at RDP. SLP rims,All vinyl stripes removed and painted on, custom hand painted pinstriping, Custom leather seats, Lloyds mats,windows tinted, Sparks emblems, Hurst Billit shifter, and too many small items to list. VDI Scissors doors.
splashlog48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2019, 06:43 PM   #18
Turbo_J89

Drives: 2015 BVM Camaro 1LE (2SS/RS)
Quote:
Originally Posted by splashlog48 View Post
I saw a set of rims and tires for my Silverado on eBay and the guy wanted $1,200 and $200 shipping. I noticed he was local and offered him $1,100 Cold Cash with a local meetup. We saved each other a Big Hassle. I don’t know if this is what you’re talking about ?????
That's exactly what I'm talking about! You got a better deal as a local buyer and the seller didn't try to try to put the saved shipping expenses back in his own pocket.
Turbo_J89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2019, 07:33 PM   #19
redcoats1976

Drives: LT W/2LT,blue metallic
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbo_J89 View Post
Would you consider the Seller to be unreasonable to ask for more than $350?
kind of.at that point $375 would be considered as both would share the luck of being local.
redcoats1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2019, 08:46 PM   #20
Venomcustom
Hard to want.

Drives: 2020 red hot 1SS 1LE
Depends on what I’m selling. Big items that are a pain to ship I would give a better deal to a local pick up or meeting. That said I’ve had people try and haggle at that point and that sucks. Smaller Items I’d rather ship and never meet anyone. Lol
So who benefits? Hopefully everyone from a local sale.
Venomcustom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2019, 06:05 AM   #21
Dogmeat

Drives: 2011 RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by captaincog View Post
Really who cares? Stupid conversation.
I totally agree!!
Old 01-14-2019, 09:16 AM   #22
TheFlyingBananaSS
Evil Genius of Chevrolet

Drives: 2017 Z06, 2019 XTS, 2013 SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogmeat View Post
I totally agree!!
Same. Why does someone have to "benefit"? It's just something for sale and someone who is interested. Keep it simple.
GPI SS2 VVT cam, ECS Novi 1500 supercharger, Corsa Extreme, Detroit Speed and BMR suspension, Circle D triple disc, Melling oil pump, LS2 chain tensioner, ATI 10% UD, DSX E85 kit, High Energy coils, BTR springs, LS2 Lifter trays, Titanium retainers, hardened push rods, FIC 1000 injectors, ZL1 pump, Mighty Mouse catch can, AEM gauges, Tial BOV, Richmond 3.91 gears, Custom gauge bezels, Speed Engineering headers, Stainless Works HF cats, DSX Aux pump, 710rwhp on E85.
TheFlyingBananaSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2019, 09:38 AM   #23
JLSuperfly

Drives: 2014 Red Hot LS3
If the buyer and seller agreed to what they consider is a fair price, both benefits.
JLSuperfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2019, 09:57 AM   #24
Turbo_J89

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFlyingBananaSS View Post
Same. Why does someone have to "benefit"? It's just something for sale and someone who is interested. Keep it simple.
Here's simple. There's $50 on the table. It's got to go somewhere. Who gets it? This is a discussion about ethics and this scenario happens all the time. To some, this is a valuable discussion.

Should the seller be entitled to more money because USPS isn't getting paid? Is the buyer lowballing to recognize the price the seller already indirectly agreed to sell their item for?

The easiest way I can sum up my original post is: I was going to accept $350, package it, and ship it at the post office. Your local though so I'll tell you what...for you I'll do $375.

Last edited by Turbo_J89; 01-14-2019 at 10:28 AM.
Old 01-14-2019, 10:36 AM   #25
Jay_LHD3

Drives: 2019 F150 RCSB Abyss FX4
I agree… keep it simple.
Once the deal went local it became a new deal. You offered a price, they counter, you accept/reject. If they reject, you move on.

In your scenario it sounds like you want $375 for the item. When you figured shipping into your equation you must had been counting on $25 shipping and $25 for your time. It sounds like you still want the $25 for your time. That is acceptable, but you should have had just included that in your price to start with.

Most on here are saying that just the hassle alone would be worth them selling it a discounted price or expect to purchase at a discounted price. You have no hassle of said item getting lost in the mail or the buyer saying they never got the item.

For others that stated they don’t want a stranger at their house… you can meet at the local police station parking lot. Yes, this means you would have to transport the item(s), but you are still not going through a postal service.
Jay_LHD3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2019, 03:38 PM   #26
Turbo_J89

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFlyingBananaSS View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay_LHD3 View Post
I agree… keep it simple.
Once the deal went local it became a new deal. You offered a price, they counter, you accept/reject. If they reject, you move on.

In your scenario it sounds like you want $375 for the item. When you figured shipping into your equation you must had been counting on $25 shipping and $25 for your time. It sounds like you still want the $25 for your time. That is acceptable, but you should have had just included that in your price to start with.

Most on here are saying that just the hassle alone would be worth them selling it a discounted price or expect to purchase at a discounted price. You have no hassle of said item getting lost in the mail or the buyer saying they never got the item.

For others that stated they don’t want a stranger at their house… you can meet at the local police station parking lot. Yes, this means you would have to transport the item(s), but you are still not going through a postal service.
I agree. Move on if the price isn't right. I personally reject anything over full asking price minus fees. That's just my opinion on this though. I wonder if other people also do this or think the seller is justified asking for say $375?

Last edited by Turbo_J89; 01-15-2019 at 04:34 AM.
Old 01-15-2019, 08:35 AM   #27
TheInfamouSS
@LS.ACE

Drives: 2014 Chevy Camaro 2SS/1LE
There are a lot of things that come into play when you are talking about things like this. The main thing is how big is this item? And how much would it cost to ship?

Because let's say it is something light like a catch can that won't cost much to ship. The fees are only going to be $12 through PayPal off the $400. Depending on how far the shipping is depends on the actual cost but as long as it's packaged in the appropriate sized box for it's weight and size it won't cost much at all to ship. So it's very reasonable for the seller to get away with shipping it for $13 or less through UPS. So asking for $375 is definitely justifiable.

Now if we are talking about big items that would be a pain to pack and ship and easier to do a local meet up that's a different story...
Some weird snail with a belt on it | Tial Q Bov | CCP Jam Cam | Stainless Works 1 7/8" Headers to Custom 3" Exhaust | Alky Control Dual Nozzle| ProMeth Trunk Mount Tank | Melling Oil Pump | DSX Aux Pump | id1050x Injectors | McLeod RXT w/ Monster Billet Release Bearing | ZL1 3.73 Rear Diff | BMR Delrin/Poly Diff Bushings | DSS 1-Piece Aluminum Driveshaft | ZL1 Axles | Metco Driveshaft Loop | BMR Adjustable LCA's, TA's, Toe Rods | BMR Adjustable Sway Bar w/ Fe3 End Links | Mickey Thompson 305/35-20 Street S/S Drag Radials |
TheInfamouSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2019, 12:25 PM   #28
4WDlifeform

Drives: 2014 Camaro 1SS RS
Local and cash for the win. Always. Cash in your hand, the part in the buyers hand. Hand shake, and walk away. Done deal. I never risk distant trade due to electronic money transfer, security of part actually arriving, shipping damage, etc. None of that is in your control. Then you trust that the buyer will be "satisfied". I'd certainly take less in cash and meet in person, than make an extra couple bucks and deal with the potential issues beyond my control. There is great value in that alone for me as a seller.
4WDlifeform is offline   Reply With Quote