#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 06-24-2009, 05:14 PM   #29
shank0668

Drives: '14 LML/'06 LJ/'76 Trans Am
Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 3 View Post
Well first he has to have an "enemy" to rally his people around. Why do you think they tolerate starving every day of their existence? He has us to blame and they buy it.

2nd, I have this theory......there are the weapons we see on TV and those are really cool. And it is really nice when they show us a "test" of shooting a missile down with a laser or something cool. Makes for good TV. Then there are the weapons they DON'T show you. Those are the ones that let me sleep at night.

There was a book out several years ago about Kelly Johnson's year running the Lockheed Skunkworks. The "Stealth Fighter" was proven to be invisible to radar in 1977. It flew in 1979. We found out about it in 1991 during the Gulf War. Likely because they finally decided to use it, more likely because it was old tech. Total secret for 12 years in service.

So based on what they DO show us project what they DON'T show us.

So as Hockeystick said, "bring it".
x2. Agree %150
shank0668 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 05:33 PM   #30
Super Sport

Drives: Mazda 3 GS 2008.5
Quote:
Originally Posted by moto-camaro View Post
wow... i wonder if they realize america has a missle defense shield... they do... don't they?..
Which has never been tested against an actual threat.

I honestly would not underestimate North Korea and its soldier-fanatics... fanatisism is a very dangerous weapon. And that's besides the fact that we can't just nuke North Korea off the map, because then you'd have China pissed about the fallout. You don't want to be pissing off the Chinese and colloiqually that's exactly what NK is doing.
Super Sport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 05:43 PM   #31
speedster
SST...

Drives: SST Camaro 2010
Quote:
...Total secret for 12 years in service.
Yes. Very true. And to alleviate some fears of N.K. - think Submarine. 'nuff said.
Old 06-24-2009, 05:49 PM   #32
patriotpa
Account Suspended

Drives: 02 Silverado, 09 Vue, 10 1SS
Location: Tired of apologizing when we should be kickin' butt!
We are perceived as weak now, so the little pisspot in NK is rattling his sabre.
patriotpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 06:11 PM   #33
CanadianRocky
Convertible GonnaBe 4/11

Drives: Chrysler Aspen Hybrid
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrIcky View Post
Eventually the US won't be able to back down on the embargo and Tiny Elvis won't be able to either.
I agree.

And then what?

"His glorious leader Kim Jong Il's fire chariot of doom which will smite it's very creators from the face of the illustrious leader Kim Il Sung's world"

That reminds me of "The Mother of All Wars".

Most of this is for internal consumption. The problem is that they are starting to believe their own bullshit.
Old 06-24-2009, 08:50 PM   #34
MrIcky

Drives: Dodge Ram Megacab & Cobalt SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by dayvedayve View Post
Kim is just "Ronry, oh so Ronry"

Ya I need to fire up Team America lol. That movie cracks me up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Sport View Post
I honestly would not underestimate North Korea and its soldier-fanatics... fanatisism is a very dangerous weapon. And that's besides the fact that we can't just nuke North Korea off the map, because then you'd have China pissed about the fallout. You don't want to be pissing off the Chinese and colloiqually that's exactly what NK is doing.
As far as the soldier fanatics thing- I think that's more Iran. Everything I've seen and read on this leads me to believe that people join the army just to be able to eat in NK. Even though the army gets crappy rations, at least they get something. I'm sure they have some fanatics- but I've read that they have to keep guards on their own soldiers to keep them from running.
MrIcky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 09:47 PM   #35
GatorBlue371

Drives: vrooooom vrooooom
JEEEEEEZE.

That guy has got to be SOOO small in the pants to pull this BS over and over again.

Its too bad Obama is in there, McCain would have already bombed them.
"With a light touch on the brakes, run the revs up a bit. Slip off the brake and bury the throttle. There's a light chirp as tires scratch for bite. Then comes a sub-5.0-second sled ride to 60 mph. A tick over 13.0 sec. and you're through the quarter-mile. It's a rush, of course, but not overly dramatic. Try the same thing with this pair's predecessors of 1970 or so and you'll find yourself in a bit of a wrestling match. Ain't progress wonderful? Maybe yes, and maybe sometimes it's fun to wrestle."
GatorBlue371 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 09:51 PM   #36
Zabo
Gunning for Sixth

Drives: '03 ZR2 Blazer
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrIcky View Post
Ya I need to fire up Team America lol. That movie cracks me up.

"He's headed east down bakalakadaka street!"

Last edited by Zabo; 06-24-2009 at 10:04 PM.
Zabo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 09:51 PM   #37
GatorBlue371

Drives: vrooooom vrooooom
Quote:
Well first he has to have an "enemy" to rally his people around. Why do you think they tolerate starving every day of their existence? He has us to blame and they buy it.

2nd, I have this theory......there are the weapons we see on TV and those are really cool. And it is really nice when they show us a "test" of shooting a missile down with a laser or something cool. Makes for good TV. Then there are the weapons they DON'T show you. Those are the ones that let me sleep at night.

There was a book out several years ago about Kelly Johnson's year running the Lockheed Skunkworks. The "Stealth Fighter" was proven to be invisible to radar in 1977. It flew in 1979. We found out about it in 1991 during the Gulf War. Likely because they finally decided to use it, more likely because it was old tech. Total secret for 12 years in service.

So as Hockeystick said, "bring it".

I cant tell you alot because I dont know alot, but my uncle-in-law works for Airforce Tech and just got off a 4 year station at Area 51.

I prod him everyday, but all hes ever told me is "all that ill say, is may god have mercy upon our enemies in the event we decide to use what we have''
"With a light touch on the brakes, run the revs up a bit. Slip off the brake and bury the throttle. There's a light chirp as tires scratch for bite. Then comes a sub-5.0-second sled ride to 60 mph. A tick over 13.0 sec. and you're through the quarter-mile. It's a rush, of course, but not overly dramatic. Try the same thing with this pair's predecessors of 1970 or so and you'll find yourself in a bit of a wrestling match. Ain't progress wonderful? Maybe yes, and maybe sometimes it's fun to wrestle."
GatorBlue371 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 09:59 PM   #38
25thanniversary

Drives: 92 Camaro Convt RS,2011 Camaro RS
the hell with swine flu this is more deadly one bomb on us would kill more people than swine flu in 4hrs. i have been thinking and reading all this treats and stuff i think they should send the people that are in death row and not people who have families. if we would go to war with them i have a wife and 2 kids i do not want to go 2 war for something that we did start.

TEAM LLT

1992 Camaro Rs Convertible
2011 Camaro 1lt Rs
25thanniversary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 10:04 PM   #39
Zabo
Gunning for Sixth

Drives: '03 ZR2 Blazer
Moar Team America..because it's just so..fitting.

Zabo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 10:20 PM   #40
The_Blur

Drives: 2018 Harley-Davidson Street Bob
Send a message via AIM to The_Blur
I'm surprised to see no moderation in this thread.

I want to post a general warning. Politics has been banned from Camaro5. Be careful not to associate your patriotism with any political party or values that would represent a political agenda.

With that in mind, I will go ahead and point some things out regarding North Korea.

North Korea is technically still at a state of war with the United States because no peace treaty was ever signed after the Korean War. It is therefore feasible to conclude that the executive branch of the United States has the constitutional authority to initiate any act of war with North Korea at any time. In other words, President Obama does not need to seek Congressional approval in order to engage North Korea.

North Korea has weapons of mass destruction. Besides any nuclear material in the possession of this particular government, North Korea has a substantial chemical weapons arsenal. These weapons will make any conventional conflict with the nation very dangerous for troops. If the US is going to invade North Korea, these weapons will inflict massive casualties on American troops and North Korean civilians. It is possible that the press will hold the US accountable for such casualties, so it is important that any campaign is swift and decisive. With such a closed nation, intelligence is limited, so finding and destroying these weapons before their use is unlikely. In effect, it is reasonable to consider that an engagement with North Korea, while necessary, will be damaging to the image of the United States and those running its government because the use of weapons of mass destruction will inflict potentially massive casualties.

North Korea is a rogue state. Without any significant alliances, North Korea could not reasonably expect to win a major international conflict. The most likely allies for North Korea are Iran, Venezuela, Palestine, and Syria. Palestine has no military, and Syria would not engage the US without other Middle Eastern support because it has an impotent military force. Venezuela would seek agreements with OPEC nations to reduce oil output in a passive attempt to sanction the US, but Venezuela would not engage. Iran would only engage the US defensively because Iran has enough domestic turmoil that its military would be very occupied if a war happened in the coming weeks. North Korea, therefore, is largely alone. Even China is uneasy with North Korea's nuclear pursuits. The war would have at least two fronts, and then North Korea would fold. South Korea would unify with North Korea to form a new nation with increased influence in the region. That nation would likely follow a similar development path as the reunified Germany. North Korea will always follow South Korea industrially, but it will be part of a unified nation with a single democratic identity. In conclusion, if war breaks out in Korea, North Korea will lose. It might not be quick, but it will happen.
warn 145:159 ban
The_Blur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 10:30 PM   #41
GothamCamaro
Then you're gonna love me

Drives: 2010 Black Camaro Tumbler RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by irpq11 View Post
Dec. 2012
oh yeah, I always forget about the end of the world.

Well then I guess I won't extend my Onstar till 2013 as I was planning.

Anyone that knows of a place that is making the Concept Shifter for the new Camaro. (Auto specifically) Please let me know.

Order# NDTMVP Ordered 10/23/08.
2000 on 5/21/09... It begins.....
4B00 on 6/26/09... In transit to the Cave
5000 on 7/6/09 it waits for my arrival!
1000000 on 7/10/09 The Tumbler is in the Cave!
GothamCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 10:49 PM   #42
Hemlawk
AwesomeBillDawesonville

Drives: CGM 2SS/RS =)
Here is our protection

we should be safe

Order placed on 1/13/11 - Purchased 2/22/11 2SS/RS CGM
Hemlawk is offline   Reply With Quote