Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction Discussions

AWE Tuning

Old 07-03-2017, 10:43 AM   #1
DenverTaco07

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE, 2017 Volt, 2013 Pilot
Tune Eliminated CAGS

Just FYI - many probably know this already but i'll put it out there.

My tuner eliminated CAGS for me, just by default as part of his tune, I didn't actually know it was even possible in the tune, i thought you had to buy the doohickey and install it.

I happened to notice the message didn't pop up anymore so I did about 10 purposeful low speed shifts, and sure as hell, no more CAGS. So I asked my tuner and he said, yes, he just does it cuz nobody likes it .

Anyway, thought I'd share, if you want, your tuner can do it.
Old 07-03-2017, 10:54 AM   #2
sdmcss

Drives: 2018 Camaro 2SS 1LE, 1985 MCSS
This is the best news I have gotten all day! I tuned my 5th Gen and removed CAGS but I have seen nothing on the 6th Gens. Thanks for the info!

Past/Current:
2011 Camaro 2SS Convertible, M6, Silver Ice Metallic, Inferno Orange Interior and Stripes - SOLD
2007 Monte Carlo SS, LS4, Summit White, Silver Rally Stripes - SOLD
2006 Impala SS, LS4, Black on Black - SOLD
1985 Monte Carlo SS
sdmcss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2017, 05:22 PM   #3
TJay74

Drives: 17 Camaro SS 1LE & 16 Sierra AT CC
CAGS has always been able to be removed via a tune. Most people wont spend $250+ to remove a CAGS via a tune only option when the CAGS eliminator is only $1-30 depending on the way you go with it.
TJay74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2017, 05:51 PM   #4
DenverTaco07

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE, 2017 Volt, 2013 Pilot
Quote:
Originally Posted by TJay74 View Post
CAGS has always been able to be removed via a tune. Most people wont spend $250+ to remove a CAGS via a tune only option when the CAGS eliminator is only $1-30 depending on the way you go with it.
I get that now, but i didn't know it until after getting my car back from the shop. I also understand that folks won't likely go and pay for a tune just to eliminate it. But many owners will tune their car for a mryiad of reasons, CAI, headers, cam, etc., so hopefully this will help someone.

Had i known before hand i may have asked the tuner, luckily he just did it unbeknownst to me.

BTW, i have seen owners here who have installed or are thinking of installing the doohickey, but complain about the coninued message on DIC.
Old 07-05-2017, 02:32 PM   #5
JANNETTYRACING

Drives: BLUE CAMARO ZL1 1LE M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverTaco07 View Post
Just FYI - many probably know this already but i'll put it out there.

My tuner eliminated CAGS for me, just by default as part of his tune, I didn't actually know it was even possible in the tune, i thought you had to buy the doohickey and install it.

I happened to notice the message didn't pop up anymore so I did about 10 purposeful low speed shifts, and sure as hell, no more CAGS. So I asked my tuner and he said, yes, he just does it cuz nobody likes it .

Anyway, thought I'd share, if you want, your tuner can do it.
Yes Standard practice in all my custom tunes.
JANNETTYRACING is offline   Reply With Quote