#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

AWE Tuning

Old 06-06-2019, 09:00 AM   #15
shaffe

Drives: 21 Bronco
Quote:
Originally Posted by snizzle View Post
Then I hate to say it, but the Raptor is in a class of its' own.
This ^

IF you are going to go full size and won't go to Ford then I say go GMC. The Chevy is just to ugly to look at

If we stop enough people from buying that god awful looking Silverado maybe it will get an emergency refresh like the camaro haha!
it has more power...its available power is like a set kof double Ds (no matter where your face is... theyre everywhere) it has the suspension to mame it matter...(
shaffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2019, 09:31 AM   #16
DRKS1D3

Drives: '17 Corvette Grand Sport M7
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaffe View Post
This ^

IF you are going to go full size and won't go to Ford then I say go GMC. The Chevy is just to ugly to look at

If we stop enough people from buying that god awful looking Silverado maybe it will get an emergency refresh like the camaro haha!
Appearance has always been subjective. With that being said, I wasn't too keen on the new model at first; however, after visiting a few dealerships and seeing them up close, I think they're pretty sharp. I saw a really nice looking black Trail Boss w/ red accents at the dealer last weekend.

**SOLD**2011 TRIPLE BLACK SS CONVERTIBLE--6 SPEED MANUAL, MANY MODS, 455 RWHP/435 RWTQ

DAD'S RIDE: 2012 ZL1 #1866--BLACK, 6 SPEED MANUAL, EXPOSED CF HOOD, POLISHED WHEELS, SUNROOF, ROTO-FAB INTAKE

"Silly Americans, taking from the rich and giving to the poor only works in fairy tales. Success is earned here!".
DRKS1D3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2019, 09:39 AM   #17
snizzle
Recalled user

Drives: '12 Camaro SS, '18 Colorado Z71
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRKS1D3 View Post
Appearance has always been subjective. With that being said, I wasn't too keen on the new model at first; however, after visiting a few dealerships and seeing them up close, I think they're pretty sharp. I saw a really nice looking black Trail Boss w/ red accents at the dealer last weekend.
I'm with you. I've warmed up to it over time, especially after seeing it in person. I would rock a Trail Boss. It's not much more than a Z71 however for the OPs purposes. Still disappointed in the interior but that's been discussed ad nauseam.

2012 2SS 45th AE LS3 M6

Borla ATAK Catback
Kooks Stepped LT Headers
CAI Intake
Hexvents
VMAX CNC Ported Throttle Body
RX Catch Can
Hurst Short Throw Shifter
Pfadt ZL-Spec Stage 3 Suspension
Forgestar F14
Tuned by Frost
snizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2019, 02:18 PM   #18
DenverTaco07

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE, 2017 Volt, 2013 Pilot
Raptor is a great point.

I wish it still had a V8 though
Old 06-07-2019, 02:40 PM   #19
snizzle
Recalled user

Drives: '12 Camaro SS, '18 Colorado Z71
Can you wait a few years?
https://www.autoblog.com/2019/03/24/...500-v8-engine/

2012 2SS 45th AE LS3 M6

Borla ATAK Catback
Kooks Stepped LT Headers
CAI Intake
Hexvents
VMAX CNC Ported Throttle Body
RX Catch Can
Hurst Short Throw Shifter
Pfadt ZL-Spec Stage 3 Suspension
Forgestar F14
Tuned by Frost
snizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2019, 05:12 PM   #20
JhonnyGTR

Drives: La Macarena
Well.. How about a Ram 1500 Rebel? or a 2500 HD Power Wagon
JhonnyGTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2019, 08:48 AM   #21
shaffe

Quote:
True, appearances are totally subjective. I drive past a Chevy dealer everyday on my way home and they have a row of brand new silverados out front and center.....everyone one of them beaten with the ugly stick lol, esepcialyl the work trucks
it has more power...its available power is like a set kof double Ds (no matter where your face is... theyre everywhere) it has the suspension to mame it matter...(
Old 06-10-2019, 09:12 AM   #22
DRKS1D3

Drives: '17 Corvette Grand Sport M7
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaffe View Post
True, appearances are totally subjective. I drive past a Chevy dealer everyday on my way home and they have a row of brand new silverados out front and center.....everyone one of them beaten with the ugly stick lol, esepcialyl the work trucks
I respect your opinion.

**SOLD**2011 TRIPLE BLACK SS CONVERTIBLE--6 SPEED MANUAL, MANY MODS, 455 RWHP/435 RWTQ

DAD'S RIDE: 2012 ZL1 #1866--BLACK, 6 SPEED MANUAL, EXPOSED CF HOOD, POLISHED WHEELS, SUNROOF, ROTO-FAB INTAKE

"Silly Americans, taking from the rich and giving to the poor only works in fairy tales. Success is earned here!".
DRKS1D3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2019, 09:16 AM   #23
shaffe

Quote:
I respect your opinion.
Thanks!

I wasn't wild about the Sierra redesign either but seeing those in person swayed my opinion, especially in the Denali trim. I still think the previous gen was better looking but the new Sierra IMO is way better than the Silverado.
Old 06-10-2019, 09:32 AM   #24
ZEN357

Drives: 1991 Z/28 Convertible
I'd go with the Silverado.
ZEN357 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2019, 02:00 PM   #25
JerTM

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS M6
I can't vouch for the ride of the Rubicon, but the Trail Boss is quite possibly the smoothest ride I've ever had offroad. During PDI I took a couple of ours through the back lot at a pretty moderate speed to see what it's about and they sailed right over the rough dirt terrain. There are pretty deep potholes and large bumps, felt very comfortable in it. It has very nice road manners as well. I am however not a fan of the exterior or interior, but that's all subjective and up to the individual if they like them or not.
JerTM is offline   Reply With Quote