Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 10-10-2020, 09:27 AM   #1
Jaystroh

Drives: Camaro RS 2LT
1le wheel and ground effects color compare!!

So I’m about to have my wheels powdercoated and I wanted to double check on the 1le color match. So the wheels are satin graphite but the ground effects are satin Black? If you look at the attached pics they look really close in color. my question is for the 1LE owners. How close is the color between the ground effect and the wheels? I would think if there were trying to match the theme of satin black throughout on the 1LE model they would have made the wheels satin black to match the G effects and hood but they chose graphite color instead for the wheels. I don’t have any 1le models that I can view near me so I just was trying to figure out if I should go graphite or satin black or a color in between the two like dark charcoal maybe on the wheels to match the ground effects. Kinda only wanna pay for this once haha! Share your thoughts or pics of your 1LE’s. I appreciate it thanks!
Attached Images

Jaystroh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2020, 09:29 AM   #2
Zaqwert6

Drives: 2SS
There's been a lot of questions and research here if you do some digging. Generally speaking, the satin blacks across the various panels and body parts generally do not match exactly across the whole of the car. I believe it ultimately comes down to pick one. :-)
Zaqwert6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2020, 09:41 AM   #3
s346k

Drives: like an old lady
the wheels have a metallic property to them whereas the satin black parts are solid.

if it were mine i'd get gold chrome wheels.
Old 10-10-2020, 04:11 PM   #4
LT4Greg

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 Coupe
Black chrome would look good and be different!
Old 10-10-2020, 05:53 PM   #5
Jaystroh

Drives: Camaro RS 2LT
Yea all good suggestions. I had considered the black chrome but I’m kinda trying to stay with the 1le theme but figured if I was having them powdercoated I could match everything even better than factory. Just not sure how dark to go. The pic above is the color the powdercoaters use. They said it’s a match to the GM graphite. Maybe I can work with them on finding a darker gunmetal color.
Jaystroh is offline   Reply With Quote