Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Tuning / Diagnostics

AWE Tuning

Old 06-23-2018, 09:53 AM   #15
JANNETTYRACING

Drives: BLUE CAMARO ZL1 1LE M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by GunMetalGrey View Post
Would this melt the stock cats? A few other posts I’ve read seem to think it will...
How much more power could be gained from 94 Octane as well as LT Headers and high flow cats?
I do not believe it will the stock cats are pretty robust.

100 RWHP is common on 93.

Ted.
JANNETTYRACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2018, 04:26 PM   #16
GunMetalGrey

Drives: Track prepped 2018 Camaro ZL1 (a10)
Quote:
Originally Posted by GunMetalGrey View Post
Would this melt the stock cats? A few other posts I’ve read seem to think it will...
How much more power could be gained from 94 Octane as well as LT Headers and high flow cats?
Never mind, you answered this in an email, around 100 whp, thanks Ted!
Old 10-30-2019, 09:25 AM   #17
ZL1420
Livin' the dream Plan B/C

Drives: '18 Mosaic Black ZL1 A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Markoz28 View Post
Ted, once I can put in more seat time and really know my car plus convince my wife that a warranty is just a way to keep us down I will be giving you a call.
I’ve found forgiveness is so much better than permission. I had said, even to myself, that I was keeping this one stock. IDK why I lie like that, maybe I just like stories, I did as a kid. We have 4.5-5 Camaros, depends how you count them, my wife has her own car that she drives in the summer. It’s a 97 anniversary convertible, I threw a supercharger on hers right after I got my ZL1 at the beginning of the year so it’s keep her happy while I modded mine in secret. IDK if she even realizes that’s there’s a tune in it and such. I have the blower ported, throttle body ported, pulleys, CAI, LT headers, mid pipe, left stock mufflers just so I could quite it down a bit, my car put down 710/700, and I think I’m leaving alone at this point. I don’t wanna get into internals on this one, I’m building a LS and shooting for 1100-1300 hp with that
ZL1420 is offline   Reply With Quote