Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V6 LGX Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

AWE Tuning

Old 11-03-2020, 08:23 AM   #1
Jaystroh

Drives: Camaro RS 2LT
Magnaflow x pipe with axle back sound!

So I have the borla S type axle back and I’m very happy with the quality and sound but I’ve been told that if I go with the MF x pipe it will deepen the tone and will eliminate the raspiness as well. anyone have this exact setup and can chime in with their overall thoughts or experience. I researched all over online but everyone had straight pipes or cat deletes etc.. Im just looking for axle back with X pipe installed that’s it. Everything else stock. THanks much!

Last edited by Jaystroh; 11-03-2020 at 09:35 AM.
Jaystroh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2020, 09:05 AM   #2
HCI2000SS

Drives: 2018 Camaro V6/RS
You mention both x pipe and h pipe. Are you looking for both or just one or the other? I was told the same thing as you about the x pipe, but was also told it's noticably quieter as well. A guy on YouTube who had it done was telling me that
HCI2000SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2020, 09:37 AM   #3
Jaystroh

Thanks I edited that. yea just haven’t heard a video clip with just those two things installed. Lots of custom and delete stuff but not just x pipe with axle back. heard them on the 5th gens since that’s where it all started but not sure if the sound would be the same on the 6th gen.
Old 11-03-2020, 10:51 AM   #4
Staves

Drives: women crazy
Eliminate raspiness? Have the s-type axle back as well. No raspiness as far as I can tell. Sounds awesome.
Old 11-03-2020, 11:08 AM   #5
HCI2000SS

Drives: 2018 Camaro V6/RS
Yep I've heard them on 5th gens as well, but from what I hear it's a bit different with the 6th gen V6. I have the Flowmaster American Thunder axle back, and I wouldn't call it raspy pet se, but the V6 has that unique note that is more on the raspy side type of sound I guess you could say. The Borla S-Type is supposed to have one of the deeper non raspy type sounds out there from what I'm told. Are you sure you're not confusing rasp with the standard high pitched V6 sound in general?
HCI2000SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2020, 12:09 PM   #6
Jaystroh

Yea I agree the s type is the best for less rasp in my opinion which is why I chose that setup. Listened to every exhaust sound I could before deciding on it. I just thought from what I read that whatever high pitched or rasp type sound that’s created on the v6 would be way less with the X pipe, which is what I was trying to achieve in the end but I guess it’s not a huge deal. don’t want to waste the 100 bucks if it’s not gonna change much. Just thought that maybe someone had that exact setup on here and I could give it a listen. no biggie.