Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 10-02-2020, 04:35 AM   #15
wwiiavfan

Drives: 2017 1SS Hyper Blue
I just paid ~$150 a wheel for removing tire, powder coat, and mount and balance new tire that I provided.
Either ask the place to remove the new powder from the hub center or plan on spending a bit of time with a power tool removing it yourself. If not you will be able to pull the wheel on with the lug nuts, but it will be a bear to remove it.
wwiiavfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2020, 08:44 PM   #16
dpevans

Drives: 2024 Riverside Blue 2SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaystroh View Post
Yea not sure. All they said was 165 per wheel and done in 4-5 days. I emailed them asking a couple questions but no response yet. When you say coating afterwards you talking ceramic coat? Or? That’s cool he does the centers. I’m not to worried about those but it would be nice. I was hoping some members from Michigan had some good hookups for me but I’m not getting to many options. probably just keep doing research for a bit.
No, a powder coat clear coating. They have several different types of clear gloss levels.
dpevans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2020, 08:46 PM   #17
dpevans

Drives: 2024 Riverside Blue 2SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by wwiiavfan View Post
I just paid ~$150 a wheel for removing tire, powder coat, and mount and balance new tire that I provided.
Either ask the place to remove the new powder from the hub center or plan on spending a bit of time with a power tool removing it yourself. If not you will be able to pull the wheel on with the lug nuts, but it will be a bear to remove it.
So you are saying to remove the powder coating from the center hub where it touches the center hub bearing on the axle before you mount the wheels back on the car.
dpevans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2020, 08:51 PM   #18
wwiiavfan

Drives: 2017 1SS Hyper Blue
Quote:
Originally Posted by dpevans View Post
So you are saying to remove the powder coating from the center hub where it touches the center hub bearing on the axle before you mount the wheels back on the car.
Yes. If you don’t, you can force the wheel onto the center hub by tightening the lug nuts, but you will literally have to kick the tire to get it loose when you want to take it off. A couple minutes with a carbide bit is what it takes. Just stop when the powder is gone so you don’t take a bunch of aluminum off.
Of course if you have a sharp powder guy he will mask that area and save you the trouble.
wwiiavfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2020, 12:46 PM   #19
Jaystroh

Drives: Camaro RS 2LT
Ok gotcha! Thanks. I want the satin graphite look but if I go black I will go for
For the gloss look.
Jaystroh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2020, 01:44 PM   #20
CowmaroV8

Drives: 2016 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS
I paid $370 for all 4 with vehicle drop off, mount and balance, and fixing any curb rash or bent rims. CPC Powder Coating in Illinois
CowmaroV8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2020, 01:46 PM   #21
CowmaroV8

Drives: 2016 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS
If you take it to them without the tires on it is $200 for all four. search them on FB to reach out if the drive would be worth it for you
CowmaroV8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2020, 03:25 PM   #22
Jaystroh

Drives: Camaro RS 2LT
Yea that’s like a 3rd of the price I got. Detroit wheel/tire has a good rep and quality work but it’s crazy how I find pricing so much lower. I had my pontiac solstice 20s done at a small shop 4-5 years ago for 50 bucks a piece but the quality was not perfect.
Jaystroh is offline   Reply With Quote