Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Wheels and Tires Talk Sponsored by The Tire Rack

Old 04-08-2017, 09:59 PM   #1
rayroderick1981

Drives: 2010 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS
I need help. Cant decide between my heart and brain

I purchased XIX X15 wheels from carid. The 22x10.5 actually hit the brake caliper. They have offered to give mehub centric wheel spacers but im so unsure of this. I dont want to cause an accident because i put a spacer on. They only need to come out a little but Im affraid of what may happen just because I dont know alot about spacers. The problem is I wait forever to ourchase anything until i know this is exactly what I want. Im in love with these rims they are me not in your face flashy but not unnoticeable. They speak to who I am, "Im hereI will try to improve thinga but Im not trying to out shine anyone. Im on the team" please help me. Are wheel spacers safe? I dont race or sbould I just send them back and wait and hope I find another rim that is what I consider my image in a rim.
rayroderick1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2017, 10:07 PM   #2
frankwjr

Drives: 2010 SS 2SS M6
I just got rims off of Amazon..rears fit great...fronts hit brake caliper...9.5 rear 8.5 front...I put H&R 30mm hubs on front....super strong....pushes front wheel to just inside fender lip...makes the tire setup look square....keep the rims....peace out
Old 04-09-2017, 08:14 AM   #3
TheFlyingBananaSS
Evil Genius of Chevrolet

Drives: 2017 Z06, 2019 XTS, 2013 SS
Use the spacers. As long as they aren't plastic spacers, you're ok.
GPI SS2 VVT cam, ECS Novi 1500 supercharger, Corsa Extreme, Detroit Speed and BMR suspension, Circle D triple disc, Melling oil pump, LS2 chain tensioner, ATI 10% UD, DSX E85 kit, High Energy coils, BTR springs, LS2 Lifter trays, Titanium retainers, hardened push rods, FIC 1000 injectors, ZL1 pump, Mighty Mouse catch can, AEM gauges, Tial BOV, Richmond 3.91 gears, Custom gauge bezels, Speed Engineering headers, Stainless Works HF cats, DSX Aux pump, 710rwhp on E85.
TheFlyingBananaSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2017, 09:59 AM   #4
1leWorksforMe

Drives: 1le
Hard to believe 22 inch donks aren't in your face but I digress. Spacers are relatively safe as long as they are 5mm or less. When you start going over that you'll either need new studs or spacers with studs built into them. Good luck.
1leWorksforMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2017, 10:08 AM   #5
frankwjr

Drives: 2010 SS 2SS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by frankwjr View Post
I just got rims off of Amazon..rears fit great...fronts hit brake caliper...9.5 rear 8.5 front...I put H&R 30mm hubs on front....super strong....pushes front wheel to just inside fender lip...makes the tire setup look square....keep the rims....peace out
FYI..these are HUB CENTRIC adapters....our wheels register on the center ring....THIS is the important item that can not be over looked....of course minimum thread turn is included...check out the H&R adapters...pricy but strong...what is your life worth?