Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > I4 Turbo LTG Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Bigwormgraphix

Old 08-09-2019, 09:01 AM   #1
Delran

Drives: 2023 2SS 1LE Riverside Blue 6M
2.0t Boost in Cluster

So I got the SS cluster and had White Auto reprogram it...and unlock the boost feature.

So far it doesn't seem to be working, anyone know what needs to be done so it actually reads the boost pressure?
Attached Images

Delran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2019, 09:55 AM   #2
zts1986
Account Suspended

Drives: 2019 Chevrolet Camaro 1LT 2.0T
No idea. Out of curiosity, what did you pay for the SS cluster and the programming?
zts1986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2019, 02:22 PM   #3
anukula

Drives: Camaro 2ss
I did same thing and boost gauge worked for me with no issues.
anukula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2019, 05:59 PM   #4
Gutling

Drives: 2017 Chevrolet Camaro 2.0 LT
What did you buy, a '17 enhanced LT cluster? I have been interested in doing this but wasnt sure if I needed enhanced LT or the SS cluster.
Gutling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2019, 07:13 PM   #5
Delran

Quote:
Originally Posted by zts1986 View Post
No idea. Out of curiosity, what did you pay for the SS cluster and the programming?
Bought the cluster for 159 off a SS on Ebay. Chris from White Auto charges 349 for the programming, and the harness I got from GEN5DIY for 175

Quote:
Originally Posted by anukula View Post
I did same thing and boost gauge worked for me with no issues.
Guess I'll email Chris and see if he can help, thanks for the info. I got a second error with it, when I was driving it seemed to think the hood was open and started beeping...popped the hood and closed, so my sensor may have gone out which sucks haha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gutling View Post
What did you buy, a '17 enhanced LT cluster? I have been interested in doing this but wasnt sure if I needed enhanced LT or the SS cluster.
I bought an SS cluster off of Ebay

Last edited by Delran; 08-09-2019 at 08:08 PM.
Old 08-10-2019, 05:16 PM   #6
anukula

Drives: Camaro 2ss
Just checked cluster. How did you get boost gauge there ? It’s usually battery gauge.
anukula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2019, 05:51 PM   #7
Delran

Quote:
Originally Posted by anukula View Post
Just checked cluster. How did you get boost gauge there ? It’s usually battery gauge.
When I had him program I specifically asked him to put Boost gauge on there and unlock it
Old 08-10-2019, 07:55 PM   #8
wookwook

Drives: 18 Camaro LS M6
So we're going from an SS with boost? to a LS with boost? or what wouldn't it be a ZL1 that has the SC?? or is it more obvious that I just don't see.... All I am saying is, even in hp tuner scanner- turbo boost for our car is a calculated metric. I gotta think its MAP minus absolute pressure, so manifold swings positive and negative is that a negative scale in there? of is it turbo model that has this? - if I am seeing that right in 18 there was one favor of LS. fun to see a result. for me... my steering wheel would block the gauges ... :( but it seems like a fun tweak if it can work..
wookwook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2019, 12:25 AM   #9
Start The Machine

Drives: 2016 M6 2.0T
Doesn't the "2LT" cluster have the boost guage?
RS Package, HD Cooling Package, Brembo 6 Piston Front Brakes, SRP Racing Pedals, Soler Performance Throttle Controller, Dyno Tuned by Trifecta, Velossa Tech Ram Air, Mishimoto Intake, aFe Air Filter, Mishimoto Charge Pipes, ZZP 67mm Throttle Body, Trifecta T40 Stage 2 Turbo, JacFab Recirculation Valve, PTP Turbo Blanket, ZZP Catted Downpipe, Mishimoto Pro Cat-Back Quad Tip Exhaust, Mishimoto Catch Cans, Mishimoto Coolant Reservoir Tank, GM SEMA Grill, Ikon Motorsports Front Fascia Extension, Ikon Motorsports 1LE Spoiler, American Authority ZL1 Side Skirts, AMPP Quad Tip Rear Valance

Last edited by Start The Machine; 08-11-2019 at 12:03 PM.
Start The Machine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2019, 08:27 AM   #10
wookwook

I am wondering what was done at the harness, was there a harness in there for it? I was thinking of a work around but I have to think there isn't any user aux on the ucu if there is someone pipe up. maybe this is all moot and there's simply a feature code somewhere. Look at adapting an aftermarket manifold pressure system?
Old 08-11-2019, 09:13 PM   #11
Delran

Quote:
Originally Posted by wookwook View Post
So we're going from an SS with boost? to a LS with boost? or what wouldn't it be a ZL1 that has the SC?? or is it more obvious that I just don't see.... All I am saying is, even in hp tuner scanner- turbo boost for our car is a calculated metric. I gotta think its MAP minus absolute pressure, so manifold swings positive and negative is that a negative scale in there? of is it turbo model that has this? - if I am seeing that right in 18 there was one favor of LS. fun to see a result. for me... my steering wheel would block the gauges ... :( but it seems like a fun tweak if it can work..
So it's an SS cluster, but he reprogrammed it to my VIN and added the boost option. I'm not sure how it's calculated but instead of having an external gauge I was hoping to get it within the cluster. White auto is currently looking to see if there is a workaround to get it to work

Quote:
Originally Posted by Start The Machine View Post
Doesn't the "2LT" cluster have the boost guage?
So I believe that is what he's doing with the SS cluster, reprogrammed it to have the 2LT boost gauge unlocked...I could be wrong though

Quote:
Originally Posted by wookwook View Post
I am wondering what was done at the harness, was there a harness in there for it? I was thinking of a work around but I have to think there isn't any user aux on the ucu if there is someone pipe up. maybe this is all moot and there's simply a feature code somewhere. Look at adapting an aftermarket manifold pressure system?
For the harness the only thing I did was use the Gen5DIY Harness to keep the radio controls on my steering wheel, and so that it can communicate with the radio
Old 08-12-2019, 08:17 PM   #12
wookwook

just fyi - there was a good discussion here
https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=482302
which was a while ago, noone seemed to post a final resolution.
and this
https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=474735

from here - its really impossible to be able to even suggest anything useful until someone can send up details of the gauge if its analog (works from actual hose pressure from the intake manifold, or is only tapped into the harness (digital). For anybody who's tracking, also curious if the BCM may be the processor pathway.
Old 08-14-2019, 01:33 PM   #13
DarkFangz1100

Drives: 2016 Camaro SS
I just bought a ZL1 Cluster awaiting to receive the part so I can get WAMC to program it and stuff...

My assumption would be for a custom program setup it might be a bit tricky to get the boost gauge working

Now the only thing I can suggest trying is hooking up HPT to make sure you're able to even see your boost just to make sure all sensors are working after that talk to WAMC and see if they can assist?
Old 08-14-2019, 02:17 PM   #14
wookwook

"boost" is working. but this guage is gauging manifold pressure. It is slightly different than just positive boost from the turbo. You have to imagine the 0 point at 9 o'clock is air pressure at sea level, so that is really about 14.7 psi. In the manifold, there are times when engine suction exceeds the pressure from the turbo and will show a vacuum. on NA cars all you get is vacuum in the manifold. in HPT its a calculated "UserMath" result. Not to say there isnt something on board the car to do that, but in HPT it is calculated.
Someone needs to get with a GM tech that knows this area cause its very specific to a small amout of cars i think someone said one of the premium addon pkgs. If there was a tube connector on the back of it this would be a good telling. Then all you have to do is connect it to the manifold is best, but somewhere on the charge pipe could work just for show, but throttle plate comes in to play, and that messes it up becuase you want whats in the actual manifold.

I think it would read somewhere around -7 to 16 or so I forget I will look at it later, maybe post my logger. my positive turbo peak "boost" is around 18. from memory, I will double check. I know this goes away from solving the problem though sorry about that, cant be mch help until someone gets one of these buggers in their hands.