Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > I4 Turbo LTG Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Phastek Performance

Old 08-01-2019, 12:46 AM   #1
cKurmaro
kurmaro

Drives: ‘17 Krypton Green 1LT
Check your timing cover guys

So, I’ve found out that I have oil seepage on the sides of my timing cover on the engine. Not good. I will be taking it to a Chevy ASAP. So check your engines guys, if you see something dirty looking on the block, it might not be good!

Also, my A8 transmission is pretty shitty (shifts hard/hiccups), so I am looking forward to pull out the ole Lemon Law if they can’t fix my transmission + I have the oil seepage on there as well. I’m tired of my gears throwing me around when shifting and my laggy as **** throttle.
cKurmaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2019, 05:58 AM   #2
Evil-Bee-NH
603 Camaros

Drives: 2017 NGM I4 1LT Coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by cKurmaro View Post
So, I’ve found out that I have oil seepage on the sides of my timing cover on the engine. Not good. I will be taking it to a Chevy ASAP. So check your engines guys, if you see something dirty looking on the block, it might not be good!

Also, my A8 transmission is pretty shitty (shifts hard/hiccups), so I am looking forward to pull out the ole Lemon Law if they can’t fix my transmission + I have the oil seepage on there as well. I’m tired of my gears throwing me around when shifting and my laggy as **** throttle.
Oil seepage is normal it will actually start to go away overtime atleast mine did. The A8 issue won't trigger a lemon law cheby will keep throwing out band aids. The throttle is laggy because of the drive by wire system get used it. It does all suck but nothing you can do but learn to drive around the throttle lag or get a throttle controller or tune to make it feel more responsive.

MY 2017 I4 CAMARO BUILD JOURNAL | YOUTUBE | INSTAGRAM | 316RWHP - 385 RWTQ HPTUNERS DYNO TUNE | 12.693s @ 105MPH 1/4 Mile
Evil-Bee-NH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2019, 10:13 AM   #3
ZZP_Tyler

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2.0T RS
I've got a little oil seepage as well, and this is on a rebuilt engine that we did in house. Something about the gasket designs or the way everything fits is just off. I just hose it down with brake clean now and then.

Have you had your TCM tuned? I used to complain about the response/lag too, but once we tuned the TCM it's a whole new car. I actually love the 8 speed now.
Old 08-01-2019, 11:40 AM   #4
DarkFangz1100

Drives: 2016 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil-Bee-NH View Post
Oil seepage is normal it will actually start to go away overtime atleast mine did. The A8 issue won't trigger a lemon law cheby will keep throwing out band aids. The throttle is laggy because of the drive by wire system get used it. It does all suck but nothing you can do but learn to drive around the throttle lag or get a throttle controller or tune to make it feel more responsive.
Agreed on everything but the throttle controller....those are death traps

Had one before my tune and it put the car in reduced engine power mode on the interstate with a semi behind me
Old 08-01-2019, 12:56 PM   #5
cKurmaro
kurmaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZZP_Tyler View Post
I've got a little oil seepage as well, and this is on a rebuilt engine that we did in house. Something about the gasket designs or the way everything fits is just off. I just hose it down with brake clean now and then.

Have you had your TCM tuned? I used to complain about the response/lag too, but once we tuned the TCM it's a whole new car. I actually love the 8 speed now.
I’d love a TCM tune from you guys, do you guys sell it?
Old 08-01-2019, 01:24 PM   #6
ZZP_Tyler

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2.0T RS
Quote:
I'll PM ya.
Old 08-01-2019, 02:00 PM   #7
Evil-Bee-NH
603 Camaros

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkFangz1100 View Post
Agreed on everything but the throttle controller....those are death traps

Had one before my tune and it put the car in reduced engine power mode on the interstate with a semi behind me
Some people have horrible luck with them. I've seen them fail on a dyno and it's one i helped install the same way i did mine and I've had mine on for daily driving for over 2 yrs. easily.

MY 2017 I4 CAMARO BUILD JOURNAL | YOUTUBE | INSTAGRAM | 316RWHP - 385 RWTQ HPTUNERS DYNO TUNE | 12.693s @ 105MPH 1/4 Mile
Old 08-01-2019, 02:01 PM   #8
Evil-Bee-NH
603 Camaros

Quote:
Have it done locally. Your in NJ how far is Jannetty from you? you'll need to unlock your TCM which means you will need to uninstall it and mail it to HPTuners or Buy an unlocked TCM from them.

Old 08-01-2019, 06:47 PM   #9
cKurmaro
kurmaro

Quote:
Have it done locally. Your in NJ how far is Jannetty from you? you'll need to unlock your TCM which means you will need to uninstall it and mail it to HPTuners or Buy an unlocked TCM from them.
You think it’s worth getting the throttle controller?
Old 08-01-2019, 09:18 PM   #10
Evil-Bee-NH
603 Camaros

Quote:
You think it’s worth getting the throttle controller?
If your going for a tune no. And like stated not everyone has good luck or enjoys it. It does make the car feel more responsive but it does nothing for power

Old 08-02-2019, 09:36 AM   #11
zts1986
Account Suspended

Drives: 2019 Chevrolet Camaro 1LT 2.0T
Quote:
If your going for a tune no. And like stated not everyone has good luck or enjoys it. It does make the car feel more responsive but it does nothing for power
Pretty much this. Obviously adds no extra power but I'm a big fan of the way it changed the throttle response. I've had no issues with it in the four months i've had it so far.
zts1986 is offline   Reply With Quote