Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V8 LT1 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Phastek Performance

Old 11-29-2019, 01:49 PM   #1
z28pat

Drives: 2002 z28, 2018 2ss 1LE
Borla catback or just axle back?

I’m looking at the borla atak system that keeps the npp function and I’m wondering if I should do their entire cat back system or just the axle back ?
Any benefits to their x pipe other than it deletes the secondary cats?
Will there be issues like cel codes when deleting the secondary cats , as far as I know they are not monitored.

Thank you.
z28pat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2019, 02:13 PM   #2
enzia35

Drives: '16 Garnet Red 1SS
Get the axle back. The sec cat delete are discontinued.
enzia35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2019, 09:13 AM   #3
Chris C 1SS 1LE

Drives: 2017 1LE
Believe corsa still has cat delete mid pipes. As far as a code, ECU wicked sensitive I get a recurring P0402. For now don't care. Dealer will fix it up for me at some point. Think that braided copper gasket on drivers side is key and I removed it per instructions. Also could have done a much better job putting this crap on (pic).
Attached Images

Last edited by Chris C 1SS 1LE; 11-30-2019 at 09:16 AM. Reason: Clarity
Chris C 1SS 1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2019, 10:23 AM   #4
keystonemedical

Drives: 2019 ZL1 / LE , 2014 CTS V
Im going with a axleback for now, atleast til I get some more miles on the car. Im paranoid that if I go with a catback that deletes the secondary cats and some sort of warranty thing would come up, I wouldnt want to be arguing with the dealer /GM over it just because they discovered I deleted the secondary cats. Plus, I wouldnt want to gamble with a CEL light on a brand new car with under 1000 miles on it so far. Stuff like that drives me crazy, Im sure there are a lot of guys that have a catback with the secondary cats off an theyve had zero CELS. However, my luck isnt that good. In regards to the Borla axleback, the research Ive done listed the Borla as having 2.75in pipe. There catback is 3.00 pipe. I couldnt see spending money on a axleback that wouldnt match up to the catback when I was ready to go that way. I did reach out to Borla and they confirmed that the two systems arent interchangeable. Therefore, Im going with a 3.00in axleback from either AWE or SWorks at somepoint.
keystonemedical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2019, 12:28 PM   #5
jcastag

Drives: 2017 Camaro FIFTY 2SS
Agreed....once they stopped making the secondary cat delete, the cat back is a waste of money.
jcastag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2019, 07:02 PM   #6
z28pat

I’m confused now , looking at their website this catback looks like it deletes the secondary cats right ? Does it just attach Behind the secondary cats, that seems pretty silly to me .
Attached Images

Last edited by z28pat; 11-30-2019 at 07:04 PM. Reason: Spelling
Old 12-01-2019, 08:20 AM   #7
jcastag

Drives: 2017 Camaro FIFTY 2SS
No that keeps the secondary. You need to cut right after the secondary cats.

Borla discontinued ALL systems and parts that delete secondary cats.

They made their cat back systems pointless.. Sucks.
jcastag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2019, 08:30 AM   #8
keystonemedical

The research Ive done so far tells me AWE has Link Pipes for there catback that deletes the secondary cats. Also, the SWorks catback I think has a secondary cat delete option on that system. I cant speak for the other manufacturers. However, with the AWE (axle or catbacks ) you will lose the NPP. That is the only thing that keeps me from going with that set up otherwise, I love the sound of that system.
Old 12-01-2019, 08:57 AM   #9
Chris C 1SS 1LE

Drives: 2017 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by keystonemedical View Post
The research Ive done so far tells me AWE has Link Pipes for there catback that deletes the secondary cats. Also, the SWorks catback I think has a secondary cat delete option on that system. I cant speak for the other manufacturers. However, with the AWE (axle or catbacks ) you will lose the NPP. That is the only thing that keeps me from going with that set up otherwise, I love the sound of that system.
Noticed the V in your sig. I've been looking at CPO. On exhaust don't scrimp. Mt experience says you get what you pay for. My dealer has no issues. They've got an employee with a ZL1 putting down well over 900.
Old 12-01-2019, 10:28 AM   #10
keystonemedical

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris C 1SS 1LE View Post
Noticed the V in your sig. I've been looking at CPO. On exhaust don't scrimp. Mt experience says you get what you pay for. My dealer has no issues. They've got an employee with a ZL1 putting down well over 900.

My wife drives the V alot more than I do anymore since its a auto. I have a hard time getting rid of it since I think 14 was the last year for the coupes. Maybe it will be a collector car in 50 years.
Attached Images

Old 12-01-2019, 10:38 AM   #11
z28pat

Quote:
Originally Posted by keystonemedical View Post
That's the reason I'm looking at borla, no drone and keeps npp, but id I'd like to eliminate the secondary cats. At that price a simple axleback just doesn't make sense. Might as well wait till the warranty is over and do headers into the npp and get a tune. I just think the car is too quiet right now.

Decisions, decisions.......