Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Phastek Performance

Old 08-07-2019, 04:06 PM   #43
ModernCamaroZ28Fan
LT1_Radenso

Drives: a 2 spd water bottle
That's why I said the car should be inspired by the 80s camaro..

If I knew how to utilize blender I would show off a bit
ModernCamaroZ28Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2019, 04:50 PM   #44
redcoats1976

Drives: LT W/2LT,blue metallic
Quote:
Originally Posted by triggerjerk View Post
The thing is '70s retro is hot in everything industrial design now.
And '70-73 fbodies are very popular now . . .
well crap,let me break out my old bell bottoms and hippie shirts,grow my hair out and put some shag carpet on the back deck of the camaro...groovy,baby.
redcoats1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2019, 09:01 PM   #45
Red Chief

Drives: 2020 LT1 Black
Here is the current gen and my Gen 7 "Mullet" concept:

-Extended nose/deck lid and recessed bumper for a "open jaw" profile
-Gratuitous hood bump
-Extended windshield for viewing traffic lights
-Functional side windows(these aren't just for looks!)
-Lotsa glass in the back for a hatch-style rear trunk lid
-Gratuitous blade spoiler
-Trimmed down the beltline between the wheels as much as I could
Attached Images

Last edited by Red Chief; 08-07-2019 at 09:33 PM.
Red Chief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2019, 11:47 PM   #46
WarlockCamaro

Drives: 2016 Camaro 1SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Chief View Post
Here is the current gen and my Gen 7 "Mullet" concept:

-Extended nose/deck lid and recessed bumper for a "open jaw" profile
-Gratuitous hood bump
-Extended windshield for viewing traffic lights
-Functional side windows(these aren't just for looks!)
-Lotsa glass in the back for a hatch-style rear trunk lid
-Gratuitous blade spoiler
-Trimmed down the beltline between the wheels as much as I could
Hi Chief,
I admire the fact you took time to create this concept! All of your suggestions are interesting to say the least, I like the hatch back look in the back I’ll take that in to consideration for my own design. The extension of the deck is a nice touch, although I would prefer the hood to be more smooth and streamline. Overall really great design!
WarlockCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2019, 01:28 AM   #47
JCunningham

Drives: 2017 2SS M6
the camaro will never be a mid engine car. the Camaro will always have a back seat. The Camaro is on hold because like GM said about the Corvette. they have already reached the limits of a front engine configuration. They currently do not have a better platform so the 6th gen may very well be the last Camaro.
real ZL1 wheels and brakes, 285/305 Michelin Pilot Super Sports, Pray ported Intake manifold, Soler Throttle Body, Rotofab intake, EFI Tuning Flex fuel kit, full American Racing Headers Exhaust, 1 7/8" w/ cats H pipe and mufflers. Full 1LE suspension, with BMR adjustable sway bars and links, GM aluminum cradle bushings, Hurst shifter with lighter reverse spring, TWM shifter knob, Tick level 1 transmission. I should have bought a ZL1
JCunningham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2019, 05:59 AM   #48
HouseStark

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by JCunningham View Post
the camaro will never be a mid engine car. the Camaro will always have a back seat. The Camaro is on hold because like GM said about the Corvette. they have already reached the limits of a front engine configuration. They currently do not have a better platform so the 6th gen may very well be the last Camaro.
There’s definitely better front engine rear drive layouts then the Camaro so I think there’s room to improve on the Camaro. I think it all comes down to sales since at the end of the day it’s business. Chevy of the past 25 years has already shown they don’t really have loyalty to the Camaro. They cut the 4th gen due to sales while being a great performer, they nailed the demand for a 5th gen while being a not so good performer, and while the 6th is the best performing generation by a mile it’s not selling. GM has shown if it’s not selling they aren’t making and it’s not selling. No one wants them, dealers can’t move them, their trade in value is deplorable. Which is hard for me to say because I love my 6th gen 1LE but it’s true. They’re gonna do what everyone else is and focus on EV’s while keeping the Corvette for performance Credit. That’s probably why they moved Al to EV development.
HouseStark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2019, 11:46 AM   #49
Red Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarlockCamaro View Post
Hi Chief,
I admire the fact you took time to create this concept! All of your suggestions are interesting to say the least, I like the hatch back look in the back I’ll take that in to consideration for my own design. The extension of the deck is a nice touch, although I would prefer the hood to be more smooth and streamline. Overall really great design!
Thanks I’m sure anyone with actual talent could do a much more appealing interpretation of what I was aiming for lol. I do think it shows that you can pinch down on the double cheeseburger belt line and make bigger windows without losing the sleek styling.

Looking forward to seeing what you come up with!
Old 08-08-2019, 07:54 PM   #50
Red Chief

Couldn't resist messing with the Mullet concept a little more and made some adjustments:

-More aggressive mouth
-Toned down the hood bump
-Adjusted the side window to flow with even more glass in back resembling a Gen 2 Camaro

I know the Ferrari influence is obvious but at least it's exotic instead of something that looks like a police car...
Attached Images

Old 08-08-2019, 08:09 PM   #51
Jonster

Drives: 18 2SS Vert Hotwheels
Maybe incorporate some aggressive side scoops and angles? C8pulled that off nicely
Old 08-08-2019, 08:47 PM   #52
Red Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonster View Post
Maybe incorporate some aggressive side scoops and angles? C8pulled that off nicely
I thought about that while trying to figure out how to mix lighting into that equation. When it comes to DOT regs I'm not sure what the law is regarding marker lights, their dimensions and how they're presented when lit.
Old 08-08-2019, 09:06 PM   #53
Red Chief

I think this effect does a better job of illustrating what I'm looking for.

Just to be clear I haven't raised the roofline at all. All I did was add more glass and I think it maintains a sleek look without going over the top.
Attached Images

Old 08-08-2019, 09:52 PM   #54
Red Chief

Going back to the 288, the overhanging deck lid is such a rare design choice that it pretty much gives you a blank slate to work with. It's not going to look like a Mustang, Challenger or a police car.
Name:  ferrari_288_gto_bonhams_goodwood_01121704.jpg
Views: 685
Size:  129.1 KB
The grill area is going to be taller on the Camaro because it needs alot of air and to maintain the muscle car profile.
Attached Images

Old 08-08-2019, 10:19 PM   #55
Red Chief

I know this looks rough but I think it gets the point across. Wider opening in the grill area without the usual crossbar mess:
Attached Images

Old 08-08-2019, 10:45 PM   #56
Red Chief

Finally for the back I scrubbed the awful concept tail lights. You'll have to use your imagination for now.

The general ideas:

-No more convex trunks! I am sick of seeing curved spoilers. The back of the Gen 2 actually looks good and this updates it.

-This gives the Camaro the curves that it lost in Gen 6. Fenders need to flare up and out so we get that Coke bottle body back.

-Tried to incorporate the increased glass over the trunk, not quite what I wanted but the best I could do

-The rear diffuser and exhaust pipes can change, I just like the overall clean look
Attached Images