Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Bigwormgraphix

Old 09-14-2020, 04:32 PM   #43
PnCRedJwl2SS
Howdy! Pete here...

Drives: 2017 50th Anniv 2SS, A8, NPP, MRC
Quote:
Originally Posted by ctrlz View Post
Part number here:
https://gm-techlink.com/?p=11127

That bottle in your post does not have the blue banner.
Product name is: Mobil 1 Synthetic LV ATF HP
Thanks for this as well.

PnCRedJwl2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2021, 10:16 AM   #44
Fluff

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS Nightfall Gray Meta
Hello, I was not aware of this issue. I've noticed my car does this shuddering very frequently. It wasn't until yesterday when I was looking into the A8 trans to learn about it when I learned about this issue. I am currently sitting at 40k on my 2017 2SS. I noticed the shudder around the 36k mark.. also I took out my TCM roughly about two weeks ago shipped it to go tuners for a unlock for a PP tune. Am I screwed as far as taking it to the dealership I know I'm not past my power train warranty.. BUT TCM will be unlocked.. does anybody know or can anybody provide some wisdom on this??
Fluff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2021, 10:56 AM   #45
TP2SS

Drives: 2016 2SS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fluff View Post
Hello, I was not aware of this issue. I've noticed my car does this shuddering very frequently. It wasn't until yesterday when I was looking into the A8 trans to learn about it when I learned about this issue. I am currently sitting at 40k on my 2017 2SS. I noticed the shudder around the 36k mark.. also I took out my TCM roughly about two weeks ago shipped it to go tuners for a unlock for a PP tune. Am I screwed as far as taking it to the dealership I know I'm not past my power train warranty.. BUT TCM will be unlocked.. does anybody know or can anybody provide some wisdom on this??
If they can somehow tell you modded your TCM you're done.

Best bet is to take the car in and claim you have the shudder. Take TSB 18-NA-355 (google it and you can print it out) with you. It states they no longer have to verify the issue "beyond customer complaint", but they will likely want to at least drive it to verify. If they say they "can't duplicate" the issue and push back, politely point out to them the wording of the TSB. If they still refuse, take it to another dealer. I'd tread lightly and be super polite since if they start digging they could find you modded the TCM and then deny warranty simply on that. And if they do, I wouldn't be surprised if that shows up in every GM computer down the road, hence denial of powertrain warranty everywhere.

My wife's '16 CTS got the shudder about 4-5 months ago at 40k. Took it to our Caddy dealer and they verified and did the flush (been fine since, but ID'd right away since I knew about the issue, and car went in immediately). When I picked the car up, I asked the writer how much the flush would cost if I had to pay. He said about $450 and asked why. I told him I had a '16 SS still under PTW, but it didn't actually do it and I wanted to have the flush as a preventative measure. He told me to bring it in and he'd take care of it under the TSB (wink, wink). Ended up taking it to the Chevy dealer down the street from Caddy for an oil change, and told them I had the shudder and brought the printed TSB. I got a little pushback from them but they did the flush after I pointed out the wording. If they drove it to verify, it couldn't have been more than a 1/2 mile because the odo was the same as when I dropped it off. Even if they did, they did so to "pencil-whip" it.
Magnetic Ride Control
Dual Mode Exhaust
2019+ version Split Spoke Silver Wheels
Navigation
Silver Rally Stripes
TP2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2021, 11:12 AM   #46
ScatPack
Banned

Drives: None at the moment
The real fix is to step up and get a new aftermarket TC. Thats it.
ScatPack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2021, 11:51 AM   #47
ctrlz

Drives: 2017 2SS, 50th pkg, M6, MRC, NPP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fluff View Post
Hello, I was not aware of this issue. I've noticed my car does this shuddering very frequently.
I know I'm not past my power train warranty.. BUT TCM will be unlocked.. does anybody know or can anybody provide some wisdom on this??
As stated above, it's time to be super polite.
Since you are noticing the problem frequently, I suspect your TC clutch discs are worn to the point where a simple fluid change will not provide a permanent fix.
If the TCM was tuned in a way that a test drive immediately shows unexpected driving characteristics (like tire-chirping shifts), you probably will face an uphill battle.
Maybe the dealer won't even do a test drive before the fluid change. But if you end up needing a new torque converter (assuming fluid change doesn't "fix" things), there is going to be some more rigorous analysis before the dealer agrees to that.
ctrlz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2021, 12:28 PM   #48
Fluff

Awesome thank you guys. As I mentioned, my car is currently inoperable since usps has my TCM in transit. When I get it back, and install it, I might take it in before I contact PP for tuning. I will update as I go. I had an issue previously where the dealer denied my warranty for faulty injectors at 34k (also my head's were porus leaking coolant and replaced in 2019 at 28k, this girl had issues out of factory..) so I'll see what happens. Will let y'all know. Gotta wait for my TCM though.
Old 01-11-2021, 06:40 PM   #49
CHASLT1

Drives: 2021 Camaro LT1
One A8 was enough for me and so many nice used C7's i would never touch thanks to the A8.
CHASLT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2021, 05:44 PM   #50
Fluff

Okay, so I am about to get my car back today from the dealership they said they were able to get it done ( I hope they are not lying..). Is there any way to check and see if they did it? I mean I will check it out by driving it, but is there any other way? Also sorry for the late response, they literally took the car in today.