Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 08-07-2021, 11:00 AM   #15
Spaceme1117

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS, 2011 Corvette GS
Quote:
Originally Posted by IntegraR0064 View Post
Just drained it and yeah, was definitely transmission oil. I was at about 1/4 of what i should be. And it looked exactly the same as I remembered the puddle, a bit darker red than the coolant.
Not a bad idea to check the level after refill and running the car. The level could be low after the oil fills up the lines and the internal heat exchanger in the radiator end tank.
Spaceme1117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2021, 09:37 PM   #16
Blobby

Drives: Former Owner '16 Camaro 2LT V6 conv
I just replaced the radiator in an old ranger. Apparently the new radiator I got has an integrated tranny cooler… that I’m not using. It’s fairly simple. The plastic end cap on the cold side is oversized and the transmission fluid runs thru some piping inside it. I didn’t know that the tranny got so hot that the engine coolant could be used to cool it.
Blobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2023, 09:59 PM   #17
R8R1LE

Drives: Chevy Camaro 2SS 1LE Manual
They've been doing this forever. My '89 cherokee has it. The system actually helps heat up the transmission fluid faster to operating temperature. tried and true design. Crappy radiator design and materials not withstanding. I just ran over a tire on the interstate in my 1LE, and the trans cooler looks like a rainbow. Nothing leaking, no drivability issues, but the splitter is destroyed, cooler bent, sidemarker popped apart because the nose flexed so much. I'm scared to get under it to do full damage assessment. I had a feeling I'd be looking for a skid plate one day....
R8R1LE is offline   Reply With Quote