Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V8 LT1 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

AWE Tuning

Old 12-09-2018, 05:36 PM   #15
jvandy50

Drives: 18 ZL1-1LE, 10 JKU
a brand new catback is $532 on amazon...just FYI if you end up finding out this one ain't ok
jvandy50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2018, 05:43 PM   #16
chaospiece

Drives: 2018 SS, 2016 GT
If that clamp section is not round as it looks damaged from the picture, there's definitely a leak there.
My muffler guy is a stickler for things like that, gases could easily seep through there.

The tighter you clamp it down the more distorted it becomes as a round clamp tries to clamp down evenly across the whole diameter, but the diameter isn't round so there's ridges that form opening as its tightened.
chaospiece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2018, 06:32 PM   #17
SloCal

Drives: 2018 2SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaospiece View Post
If that clamp section is not round as it looks damaged from the picture, there's definitely a leak there.
My muffler guy is a stickler for things like that, gases could easily seep through there.

The tighter you clamp it down the more distorted it becomes as a round clamp tries to clamp down evenly across the whole diameter, but the diameter isn't round so there's ridges that form opening as its tightened.
That’s a good point actually. It looks sealed on there now but maybe it’s leaking because of deformity. I’m going to go start it up check around that area.

As far as the guy above the one on amazon is an aluminized axleback which is totally diff

2nd 6th gen
SPL Toe Arms/Brembo HTC64t/Corsa NPP/Tremec MTF Fluid
SloCal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2018, 06:47 PM   #18
SloCal

Drives: 2018 2SS 1LE
https://youtu.be/C4u5Gh--WAo

Tried to record the issue. Obviously sound coming out back = good but if you hold it close to your ear on your phone or whatever like I am when it’s at the front of the car or inside the car you can hear overall humming or droning like a weird truck exhaust and its evident all the noise isn’t coming out the tailpipe like it did with npp

2nd 6th gen
SPL Toe Arms/Brembo HTC64t/Corsa NPP/Tremec MTF Fluid
SloCal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2018, 07:13 PM   #19
jvandy50

Drives: 18 ZL1-1LE, 10 JKU
Quote:
Originally Posted by SloCal View Post
As far as the guy above the one on amazon is an aluminized axleback which is totally diff
that was the black coated one...the t409 was under $500 the other day...which do you have?

and they were catbacks
jvandy50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2018, 07:19 PM   #20
badass_lt1

Drives: 2016 Camaro SS 6MT
The stock exhaust has major crimps as well, so I dont think it should be that significant. Anyways, I would personally eat the lost money and get rid of the exhaust for something else. Sorry this had to happen :(
Old 12-09-2018, 10:47 PM   #21
Mike2SS1LE

Drives: 2018 Camaro 2SS 1LE
Sorry to hear about that exhaust. I was looking to buy that very same exhaust on eBay. The price was nice, but it looked a little too beat up for my taste ultimately. I just put on the MBRP black axle back and couldn’t be happier. There’s no drone. If I were you, I’d take the loss and get something else. Good luck!
2018 2SS 1LE, Hyper Blue, PDR, Xpel front end, tint, GM strut tower brace, CAGS harness, Rotofab dry w/sound delete, MBRP axleback, GM dark Taillights, reverse LED’s, GM dark 3rd brake light w/ rapid fire harness, LED front turn signals, dark smoke sidemarker w/ LED’s, ZL1 add on splash guards, tow hook, ZL1 suede dash pad, suede knee pads, 1LE dash plate, 1LE steering wheel badge, 1LE fender badges, Weathertech mats, more to come...
2009 Challenger SRT8, B5 Blue, Procharged (SOLD)
Mike2SS1LE is offline   Reply With Quote