Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Specific Packages / Variants > 6th gen Camaro 1LE

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 12-03-2018, 10:59 AM   #1
MATTY-1LE

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS 1LE
1le rattles during shift

There is a slight rattle after I shift into 2nd gear. Its more noticeable when i shift firmly. It sounds like a ripple of gears, hard to explain, like when i shift i can hear the gear change but then theres an echo type sound after.

Anybody experience this? When i got my oil change at the dealer, the guy i was working with said it was normal, not too sure now

Past:
2008 C6 - heads/cam/boltons
2005 GTO - cam/boltons
MATTY-1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2018, 05:28 AM   #2
MattZ28

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE, 2006 S2000
It's probably drivetrain slack making noise from the clutch being released too abruptly. It's just not noticeable in higher gears because you're moving faster. Try releasing the clutch slower.
MattZ28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2018, 12:12 PM   #3
protovack

Drives: 2019 2LT 2.0T M6 Riverside Blue
is it clutch chatter?
protovack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2018, 09:57 AM   #4
MATTY-1LE

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattZ28 View Post
It's probably drivetrain slack making noise from the clutch being released too abruptly. It's just not noticeable in higher gears because you're moving faster. Try releasing the clutch slower.

I can only hear it when i hit 2nd gear pretty much and a tad in 1st

Quote:
Originally Posted by protovack View Post
is it clutch chatter?

to be honest it could be, my last manual car was so loud i never noticed anything. This car im more fine tuned to the sounds, but i have had passengers ask what the heck is that noise. It just sounds clunky and i dont have peace of mind spending 40k on a car that sounds old. When i shift into second i can hear the initial shift, then i hear like an extra clunk like something is loose or something.

Past:
2005 GTO - cam/boltons
Old 12-10-2018, 06:47 AM   #5
Driver23D

Drives: 2014 Chevy Volt, 2018 SS 1LE
I've noticed a small rattle coming from the footwell area near the accelerator/brake. It's slightly present during idle & more pronounced when I press on the accelerator while driving. I made a small video clip.

https://youtu.be/AL4vDfeA7JE
Driver23D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2018, 01:04 PM   #6
Mr.DoubleB

Drives: 2018 1LE/LS
I have a V6 1LE and since the day I got it (it had 7 kms on it) I have noticed a similar sound but mine happens in first, second, and third just after shifting. I have even heard it when accelerating from a slow down without touching the clutch.

I have also noticed that it has a tendency to only really do it once its warm.

It sounds kind of like a clicking/clunking sound like two pieces of plastic or insulated metal smacking together rapidly.

It makes me cringe every time.
Mr.DoubleB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2018, 01:50 PM   #7
MATTY-1LE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.DoubleB View Post
I have a V6 1LE and since the day I got it (it had 7 kms on it) I have noticed a similar sound but mine happens in first, second, and third just after shifting. I have even heard it when accelerating from a slow down without touching the clutch.

I have also noticed that it has a tendency to only really do it once its warm.

It sounds kind of like a clicking/clunking sound like two pieces of plastic or insulated metal smacking together rapidly.

It makes me cringe every time.
Yup i hear it with those 3 gears but i notice it more in 2nd, That is the noise im hearing. good to know someone else has it too, others may have it but not care as much. Do you think it has to do with the break in process?

Past:
2005 GTO - cam/boltons
Old 12-11-2018, 04:12 PM   #8
DenverTaco07

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE, 2017 Volt, 2013 Pilot
I've heard a rattle that is similar to posted clip, but in my case it seemed to me that this would occur when depressing the accelerator. I would describe it as the sound of bogging down the engine, but in each instance I heard it I was well within normal RPM operating levels for the gear I was in. I wonder if this is the same rattle.
Old 12-14-2018, 09:10 AM   #9
Mr.DoubleB

Drives: 2018 1LE/LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by MATTY-1LE View Post
Yup i hear it with those 3 gears but i notice it more in 2nd, That is the noise im hearing. good to know someone else has it too, others may have it but not care as much. Do you think it has to do with the break in process?
I doubt it's part of the break in process as I now have 12k kms on it and it still does it.

I took it to the dealer and they said they couldn't replicate after only driving for less then a km and that it was probably normal. That is coming from the dealer that told me the diff groan was normal and they would do nothing about it, so take that with a grain a salt.
Mr.DoubleB is offline   Reply With Quote