Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction Discussions

Bigwormgraphix

Old 11-21-2018, 06:29 AM   #29
EDFHOBBIES
Dyno Show Queen LOL

Drives: 16 SS & 17 ZL1 Both Yellow
Send a message via Skype™ to EDFHOBBIES
I have all ready started gathering the parts.. Lingenfelter is making 850 rwhp on 93 no meth!(See Continental zl1 Sema build) on full e85 (not mixing like most have to and can only run only e60) I believe shawn Foy from Lingenfelter said they made 960 rwhp e85 and still had room.

2650 Eforce blower
8:2 GT31 Cam
Lingenfelter Pump
Lingenfelter Injectors
Kaytech ported heads
1 3/4 headers
103mm TB
Ported 2650 Snout

Aux fueling will most likely be the lingenfelter in tank unless the DSX pump will handle the needs.. Shawn told me originally they had a pump setup like the DSX and it wouldn't keep up..

I have asked millions of times does anyone have the lingenfelter stuff? No Answers

I have asked millions of times does anyone know the HP limits of running the Hi side lingenfelter big bore pump, bigger injectors, and AUX pump on stock cam lobe? Will it handle e85? No Answers

I'm working with Edelbrock and should have one of the 1st 2650's(consumer) 2 shops already received 1 ea) I hope to show data for LT4 owners and should help SS owners. I will compare over spinning the small unit vs just replacing the head unit in performance gains vs cost(I will take in consideration saling the LT4 blower for 1500 since that seems to an average price)

Incidentally my blower will be for sale with a Tony Mamo TB pm if your interested.

Stock I dynoed 554 rwhp
Lingenfelter 15%, Headers, and TM TB 4 pulls different times of the year different intakes
1. stock box 643 rwhp
2. Stock box modified Green filter 659 rwhp
3. Carbon elite 658 rwhp
4. Rotofab hood open 664 rwhp Hood closed 659 rwhp

5. Vararam testing coming soon hopefully before I change Cam and Blower! Patrick told me he was close to being completed. Street pulls with prototype version seem very promising over Stock modified and the top competition.

I have a question that not even Comps could answer nor could the sales guys at Lingenfelter!

maybe yall can I sucl at math!

Every advertises 32% or 38% fuel lobe where as lingenfelter Advertises 8:2 what is that given stock is 6:5

BTW the reason I'm going this route is because all the whipple or maggi builds I'm seeing them spend large amount for cooling or having to run meth! The 2 eforce builds are in the 800s with no meth..

Kong Ported 2650, Crawford Racing Port Injection, Weapon X 112mm Adapter, NW112mm TB, Livernois Ported LT4 Heads, Lingenfelter GT32 stealth cam, Haltech Elite, and Carbon by Trufiber
EDFHOBBIES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2018, 09:10 AM   #30
EDFHOBBIES
Dyno Show Queen LOL

Drives: 16 SS & 17 ZL1 Both Yellow
Send a message via Skype™ to EDFHOBBIES
Sorry figured that was a given since the pistons in LT1 have a limit of 650 safely

Kong Ported 2650, Crawford Racing Port Injection, Weapon X 112mm Adapter, NW112mm TB, Livernois Ported LT4 Heads, Lingenfelter GT32 stealth cam, Haltech Elite, and Carbon by Trufiber
EDFHOBBIES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2018, 10:48 AM   #31
oldman

Drives: SS 6 speed of course
Quote:
Originally Posted by EDFHOBBIES View Post
Sorry figured that was a given since the pistons in LT1 have a limit of 650 safely

The limit is probably not a single figure, it could be lower for a road race car and higher for a car that sees WOT only for a few seconds at a time (pure street) or DD.

I would be looking for a two pulley, two tunes, but only one fuel setup:
Just a guess. 4.5 pulley full performance mods, 7.5 PSI 650 WRHP E85, 600 gas

4.25 pulley 10 PSI 700 WRHP E85, 660 gas.

Run the 4.5 all the time, on 1/4 mile only swap to 4.5 pulley, install 4.5 tune.

This is for the D1X, the P1 would be the same but using a .5" smaller pulley in all examples.
Forged short block, large duration sub .600 lift Cam Motion cam, 7200 RPM fuel cut, Pray Ported Heads, 3.85 pulley D1X, stage II intercooler, DSX secondary low side, DSX E85 sensor, Lingenfelter big bore 2.0 pump, ported front cats, 60608 Borla, LT4 injectors, ZL1 1LE driveshaft and Katech ported TB, ported MSD intake, BTR valvetrain, ARP studs, ProFlow valves, PS4 tires.
oldman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2018, 11:18 AM   #32
oldman

Quote:
I have asked millions of times does anyone know the HP limits of running the Hi side lingenfelter big bore pump, bigger injectors, and AUX pump on stock cam lobe? Will it handle e85? No Answers
Answers vary, and since there are almost to NO as run uncorrected dyno numbers maybe we will never know. As we are talking fuel to actual HP here, not some fictional correction factor.

IMO, FI dyno runs should always be published uncorrected, as we all know the correction factor is for NA engines... right?

Quote:

Stock I dynoed 554 rwhp
Lingenfelter 15%, Headers, and TM TB 4 pulls different times of the year different intakes
1. stock box 643 rwhp
2. Stock box modified Green filter 659 rwhp
3. Carbon elite 658 rwhp
4. Rotofab hood open 664 rwhp Hood closed 659 rwhp

Bout what my SeatofthePants dyno said between all the air filters combos that I ever tested...

Now to your fuel lobe question:

Everyone advertises 32% or 38% fuel lobe FLOW where as lingenfelter Advertises 8.2mm LIFT.

stock is 5.99 or 6.0mm depending on source doc.

One of first and probably the most used source of cam and cam blanks is comp cams and they don't say 32% increase in lift, they say"32% increase in fuel FLOW" the lift goes from 6 to 7.5 or 25%

https://www.briantooleyracing.com/32...v-lt1-cam.html

https://www.lingenfelter.com/product...l#.W_WQ1lOJLb0

Ligenfelter on the other hand is is listing lift of 8.2mm which is a 37 to 38% increase in lift. The list the spec for flow too, don't know how much more flow, but clearly from above flow is NOT directly related to lift, Comp cams says 25% more lift is 32% more flow. if it this scales proportionately, then 38% for lift would yield 47% ish in flow.

Nut shell the fuel lobe 32% we toss around is a comp cam FLOW spec, the actual lobe is 25%.

Quote:
BTW the reason I'm going this route is because all the whipple or maggi builds I'm seeing them spend large amount for cooling or having to run meth! The 2 eforce builds are in the 800s with no meth..
I would been happy with an LT4 conversion, but Pray offered me a deal on a package that I could not pass up. Since I'm pure street, the question is moot for me as I can't hook now until 3rd and even then it is a bit dicey. So the rest is academic, but it does make for an interesting discussion.

Maybe it is almost like the GN vs 5.0 days.... Really the 5.0 had some huge advantages, but the GN guys kept bringing it and it did improve both band wagons as competition always does. I'll just have the popcorn.
Forged short block, large duration sub .600 lift Cam Motion cam, 7200 RPM fuel cut, Pray Ported Heads, 3.85 pulley D1X, stage II intercooler, DSX secondary low side, DSX E85 sensor, Lingenfelter big bore 2.0 pump, ported front cats, 60608 Borla, LT4 injectors, ZL1 1LE driveshaft and Katech ported TB, ported MSD intake, BTR valvetrain, ARP studs, ProFlow valves, PS4 tires.
Old 11-21-2018, 05:14 PM   #33
Joe's_cool_1le

Drives: Black 2017 Camaro SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldman View Post

I would been happy with an LT4 conversion, but Pray offered me a deal on a package that I could not pass up. Since I'm pure street, the question is moot for me as I can't hook now until 3rd and even then it is a bit dicey. So the rest is academic, but it does make for an interesting discussion.

Maybe it is almost like the GN vs 5.0 days.... Really the 5.0 had some huge advantages, but the GN guys kept bringing it and it did improve both band wagons as competition always does. I'll just have the popcorn.

Same here on the 3rd gear. My stock Eagle F1 supercar 3 305's just can't hang.

Saw these on tire rack
Attached Images

2017 1LE SS Black - Mods - Forged - lowered compression - BTR custom Cam - Whipple, 3.500 upper and 8.0 lower pulley, Roto-Fab, 1 7/8 Kooks headers, off road pipes, & 3" Kooks full exhaust. LT4 fuel system, with Alky single nozzle running 100% meth. (not installed yet) DSX Tuning flex fuel and DSX tuning Aux pump
Joe's_cool_1le is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2018, 09:37 AM   #34
DSX Tuning

Drives: 2019 Corvette ZR1
I actually regularly talk with one of the people who tunes at LPE, and he told me he likes my aux system because it is simple and it works. Lol.

FWIW, I'm working on a port injection system that should come in way under what everyone else charges because it'll be designed and manufactured from scratch specifically for this purpose which means I won't be trying to modify other existing stuff to work. I'm moving as fast as I can on it, but it'll be a massive project.
DSX Tuning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2018, 11:09 AM   #35
oldman

You need to work with the oldman, as I heard he will have a forged short block in the near future and is looking to see what a D1X can really do....
Old 11-23-2018, 02:04 PM   #36
DSX Tuning

Drives: 2019 Corvette ZR1
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldman View Post
You need to work with the oldman, as I heard he will have a forged short block in the near future and is looking to see what a D1X can really do....
I'm going to be buying a C7 Z06 to throw a LT5 supercharger on as my test bed. It's already set up for port injection, and it'll allow me to test my bypass valve controller as well. I'm probably at least six months out before releasing the port controller though. It's going to be a lot of code to write from scratch.
DSX Tuning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2018, 07:25 PM   #37
oldman

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSX Tuning View Post
I'm going to be buying a C7 Z06 to throw a LT5 supercharger on as my test bed. It's already set up for port injection, and it'll allow me to test my bypass valve controller as well. I'm probably at least six months out before releasing the port controller though. It's going to be a lot of code to write from scratch.
first you leave me in Austin without saying goodbye and now you are boosting big without me. I thought the word revolved around me.
Old 11-23-2018, 10:42 PM   #38
parish8

Drives: 17 SS a8
speaking of fuel systems and hp limits. I have lt4 injectors and pump and a 32% lobe and I ran out of high side fuel pressure at 700rwhp uncorrected on e85. this was at 9psi on a mustang dyno at 6700rpm. this was a little past the safe limit, my high side fuel pressure dropped to ~1500psi. I do think I could get to 700rwhp safely with a little less boost and a little more rpm but I didn't try it. at 6700rpm the hp had not peeked yet.
Old 11-23-2018, 11:00 PM   #39
oldman

Quote:
Originally Posted by parish8 View Post
speaking of fuel systems and hp limits. I have lt4 injectors and pump and a 32% lobe and I ran out of high side fuel pressure at 700rwhp uncorrected on e85. this was at 9psi on a mustang dyno at 6700rpm. this was a little past the safe limit, my high side fuel pressure dropped to ~1500psi. I do think I could get to 700rwhp safely with a little less boost and a little more rpm but I didn't try it. at 6700rpm the hp had not peeked yet.
To play it safe ,I’m going 32%, lt4 injectors, bigbore, aux secondary system, looking for 709 whp on a m6, Dynojet uncorrected
Old 11-26-2018, 07:26 PM   #40
oldman

Called Lingenfelter today, big bore is due mid December, so lets be realistic and say you ain't gonna see it in your mail box till next year.

The 8.2 pump and cam about the same time, so I'll always be second class.... LOL
Old 11-27-2018, 12:58 AM   #41
toohighpsi

Drives: 2015 C7 Z06 M7
Quote:
I have asked millions of times does anyone have the lingenfelter stuff? No Answers

I have a question that not even Comps could answer nor could the sales guys at Lingenfelter!

Every advertises 32% or 38% fuel lobe where as lingenfelter Advertises 8:2 what is that given stock is 6:5

We are running the full Lingenfelter fuel system on Mike Swanson's 6th gen, we were at 896RWHP on E85 and a touch of meth on a 7.8mm lift cam fuel lobe. We'll be running the car again this week to push it over 900RWHP.

6.5mm is a 20% lobe
7.8mm is a 32% lobe
8.2mm is probably the 38% lobe - I haven't run one, but I know they are testing.

Only reason anyone is running the Edelbrock 2650 is because the Maggie isn't released yet. The Maggie TVS2650R has significantly higher flow capacity and better cooling.
The 2.9 isn't even on the same planet as the 2650s, the 2.9 will come up about 200-300 HP short of the peak capacity of the TVS2650R.

The Magnum DI TVS2650R on the Speed Engineering corvette hit the rollers last week, first pull (no meth) made 878RWHP @ 6300 RPM on a stock displacement LT4 and Katech fuel system (dual LT4 high pressure pumps). Hoping to run it at the track this weekend.
toohighpsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2018, 05:39 AM   #42
ShizzySupra

Drives: 16' Camaro 2SS
Just wanted to comment really quick as I am one of the "big" Maggie builds.

The larger Eforce builds have never ran at the track. Not a single 2650 EForce car has any publicly released data. IAT's are a real thing. I added Stage 2 Intercoolers, Meth, and Cordes Front expansion tank because I run in real world conditions: back to back pulls, 85+ degree weather etc.

The Eforce builds have all been fancy in house builds with great dyno numbers but no track trap speeds to back it up. 4100lbs, 86 degrees, 145mph... Maggie's have backed it up.

Not trying to discourage your build and I wish you the best of luck but I truly wish the community would look at the total picture of a build vs just a dyno.

Also our other ZL1 has a Whipple with 0 meth and traps 142 full weight+ in 5200DA.

Quote:
ShizzySupra is offline   Reply With Quote