Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Specific Packages / Variants > 6th gen Camaro 1LE

Bigwormgraphix

Old 06-19-2018, 12:00 PM   #15
GTSLOW
Daily Driven 1LE

Drives: 2018 1SS 1LE
A double accident car. Sheesh if you ever have to sell that thing gooood luck. I would go for totalled.
Old 06-22-2018, 12:27 PM   #16
fla17ls1lev6

Drives: 2017 camero v6 ls 1le
should it be totaled ?

Having spent 30 plus years as a auto insurance claims adjuster, it is not your choice. its strickly dollars and or state law that decide if its a fixer or not.Where i come from, if the car is seven model years or newer and its over 70% damage based on market value, then its a total. If a older car, it based on salvage value again, after a determination of market value. I see your point, yet another example of driver with out liability insurance, driving and damaging your pride and joy ! The state needs to make that a very unpleasant situation for the non insured, maybe a ride in a sinking ship would solve that ? Hey, that is a great solution to a lot of low lifes !!!
fla17ls1lev6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2018, 09:49 AM   #17
LT4Greg

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 Coupe
Agree fla17 it isn't his call to total the car but I understand his concerns about the car being repaired and the drivability after the repairs are done. Some adjustors will work with a person if the car is really damaged though but it's still up to the insurance company to make the final call. Good luck to the guy!!
Old 06-23-2018, 09:53 AM   #18
LT4Greg

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 Coupe
Twoblindsheep, seems to me your car is jinxed! Good luck!
Old 06-23-2018, 10:29 PM   #19
Chris C 1SS 1LE

Drives: 2017 1LE
Fair market value for a damaged car is significantly, frightenly less. Fact is, no one will want it. Insurance will hit carfax. No hiding it. I went through this years ago with my Z28. Two weeks after the tune on Ed wrights dyno. Had all receipts for mods and my insurance covered me no issues.
Old 06-27-2018, 07:40 PM   #20
SDMARO4482

Drives: 2017 NFG ZL1 M6
OP, sorry you have to go through this. I would hope the car is totaled because it will NEVER be the same. The last few are right in that it isn't the owners call. Hopefully the insurance company takes good care of you.
SDMARO4482 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2018, 08:24 PM   #21
Prodogs

Drives: 2017 2ss
Consider another option

A few years ago my wife mini van got into a bad accident. The insurance company didn't want to total the car - the estimate for repair was about $20K. I ended u just taking the $20K check and selling the wreck for about $12K - then ended up purchasing a new car.

Do the math and do what is best for you.

which is what i could have sold T
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDMARO4482 View Post
OP, sorry you have to go through this. I would hope the car is totaled because it will NEVER be the same. The last few are right in that it isn't the owners call. Hopefully the insurance company takes good care of you.
Prodogs is offline   Reply With Quote