Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 6th gen Camaro vs...

AWE Tuning

Old 05-17-2018, 06:21 PM   #967
ULTRAZLS1

Drives: 14 Silverado LTZ Z71, 16 Camaro SS
Nice.

I paid 30,600 new. A8 with NPP
ULTRAZLS1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2018, 07:27 PM   #968
Martinjlm
Retired from GM

Drives: 2017 Camaro Fifty SS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeaterMan View Post
A base PP GT with A10 and 301A package( which includes drive modes) gets you all the stuff to run the magazine times for right around 39k before haggling. I have the identical car as the Evan Smith test car Minus the Magnetic suspension and paid nowhere close to a GT350 or 1LE Camaro
My mistake. Reading the Cars.com review they stated the price for the car was $52K. Then I misread the tire spec. Thought they said it was wearing Sport Cup 2, but re-reading I see it was wearing Pilot 4S. When I tried to configure a car I got it at $44k and it wouldn’t add the Cup 2 tires without adding PP2 (and therefore removing the A10), so I added the street price for Cup 2 to the $44k. I can configure a 1LE for $45k
A8 | MRC | NPP | Nav | HUD | GM Performance CAI | Tony Mamo LT1 V2 Ported TB | Kooks 1-7/8” LT Headers | FlexFuel Tune | Thinkware Q800 Pro front and rear dash cam | Charcoal Tint for Taillights and 3rd Brakelight | Orange and Carbon Fiber Bowties | 1LE Wheels in Gunmetal Gray | Carbon Fiber Interior Overlays | Novistretch bra and mirror covers | Tow hitch for bicycle rack |

Martinjlm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2018, 10:09 PM   #969
Wild One

Drives: 13ZL1

Like PT Barnum once said....”there’s a sucker born every minute”
Wild One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2018, 10:51 PM   #970
ULTRAZLS1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild One View Post

Like PT Barnum once said....”there’s a sucker born every minute”
?

What are you saying ?

The 20-25% off on 2016 models was a well known thing. I know people who got even better deals than me.

My car stickered for a bit over 40k. Got it for 30,600. Drove to Pennsylvania from Michigan to get it. Now I’m running well into the 10s with far under 40 k invested
Old 05-17-2018, 11:21 PM   #971
torqueaddict

Drives: Tesla M3 LR-AWD [Former 1SS owner]
http://www.motortrend.com/cars/chevr...rd-mustang-gt/

http://www.motortrend.com/cars/chevr...ck-comparison/

Comparing the two;2016 Camaro SS (1st link) and 2018 Mustang GT PP (2nd link), one will notice that the handling and stopping distance are pretty much identical unless I missed something. I'm using just one mag review as an example, but I've looked around at other articles and they seemed close enough.

So the 2018 GT PP, even with its six piston Brembos and upgraded suspension, only equates to the performance of the base SS. It's certainly not in the Ile's league, so the fact that it's cheaper isn't some big surprise - it should be.

If the GT 2018 PP A10 can really be had for 35k max as stated earlier, then that's not too bad for someone who is intent on a Mustang and is willing to put up with the potential powertrain headaches. When compared to what a base SS (1SS) can be had for today, however, it's really not that great a deal.
torqueaddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2018, 06:45 AM   #972
Wild One

Drives: 13ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by ULTRAZLS1 View Post
?

What are you saying ?

The 20-25% off on 2016 models was a well known thing. I know people who got even better deals than me.

My car stickered for a bit over 40k. Got it for 30,600. Drove to Pennsylvania from Michigan to get it. Now I’m running well into the 10s with far under 40 k invested
I wa just kidding!
That’s a hell of a deal.....I’am just mad they started that 20% off deal AFTER I bought my car!
Wild One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2018, 06:55 AM   #973
lawguy85

Drives: 2018 Camaro 1SS Silver Ice Metallic
My $.02 as a former 2016 V6 Mustang owner that upgraded to a 2018 1SS.

I went shopping for a 2018 GT, ended up in a Camaro. I went in extremely biased, despite that ended up switching. After driving a 1SS, a GT Premium and a GT PP, it was clear the 1SS is the superior car. And given market factors, the 1SS was significantly cheaper than either of those options with better standard features than either.

Subjectively, the Camaro appealed to me more as well. Driving dynamics aren't close. The Camaro completely outclassed the Mustang, so much so that my V6 felt closer to the GTs I drove than the GT did to the base 1SS. The GT felt faster, the Camaro felt fast, period. Even the PP felt floaty, the Camaro was planted as all hell. IMO Ford really neutered the S550 with the redesign, the 2018 Camaro looked much more aggressive, in my eyes. I've seen reviews mention that the Mustang sounds better, but I actually disagree, perosnally. For the disinformation, the delta between interiors is not as wide as some would have you believe.
lawguy85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2018, 07:25 AM   #974
Gunkk
Thank you Al Oppenheiser!

Drives: Red Hot A10 ZL1 Convertible
to the forums and congrats on making the right choice.
Gunkk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2018, 08:55 AM   #975
ULTRAZLS1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild One View Post
I wa just kidding!
That’s a hell of a deal.....I’am just mad they started that 20% off deal AFTER I bought my car!
I wasn’t sure what you meant no big deal lol
Old 05-18-2018, 09:34 AM   #976
shaffe

Drives: 21 Bronco
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlaqWhole View Post
The case with the ZL1 and Demon was much different. When the Zl1 came out, GM made their claims. And then the magazines ran 11.4 with the A10 and 11.8 with the M6. Around this time last year there were only a few who had these cars, fewer who planned to go tot he track, fewer who planned to go to the track AND were out of the break-in period, and of that small percentage you have to figure that most of them were average at best. So the car had already proven what it could do. It was the drivers who needed to get in the cars and get the times down. Which eventually happened.

Same with the Demon. We see Dodge's claims. We have yet to see anything official as far as how fast it'll go. There are only 3300 of them being made. Of that 3300, not all of them are accounted for. Of the ones that are, the same thing goes...few of them are in capable hands, broken in, and hitting the tracks. Most people buying them and aren't even planning on going to the track. So since there is nothing official for us to go by, and since not many of them have been to the track, then you have to give it time for people to get in these cars and get some results...and for the mags to test them so we can at least have a benchmark.

With the GT we already saw what the magazines ran way back in December. Ford made it a point to get these cars in the hands of vendors and shops before anyone else. Even before the mags could test them. So we already had info on what these cars were doing. Under the criteria I listed, it ran a 12.5 which is what I said it would do. So it wasn't a matter of giving it time. We used the first tests on the ZL1 as the basis of what it officially does. We did the same with the GT350, Hellcat, Viper, and other cars. When any car ran faster under the same criteria, then we used the updated info. And that is exactly what we all did with the 18 GT. And it appears that we'll have to update the info on what the GT runs now. But it's been 5 months man. 5 months. You can barely call me out five months later when we ALL used that same info. Several of the testing sources even declared that the SS was still the faster of the 2. And even the Mustang guys gave up. So throwing all this up in my face 5 months later is hardly fair. I mean, if someone 5 months from now pilots an 18 SS under the same criteria to an 11.7, then would that make you or anyone else wrong? Or what if from this point out nobody can get a GT with the same options and modes under the same criteria to duplicate those times? Then what? Would we be able to say that it is no longer a low 12 sec car?
Those on the Demon and ZL1 fair enough I will give you that. Just the cars.com and C&D are the first 3rd party tests of the A10 since the Edmunds one. (Discounting the Evan Smith one) Since we were going to wait till we got 3rd party I just got excited was all. Up until a few days ago all the other tests of the car were the 6M. Now I did believe the vendors baseline runs, because to me they have no benefit to "messing" with a stock car, if anything I thought they would sandbag it to make their packages look better so I guess the cars.com and C&D test can validate some of those times those vendors got with stock A10 cars.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlaqWhole View Post
Honestly, I'm not looking for you to eat crow or anything like that. I was just taken aback since you and I for the most part have had pleasant interchanges and on several times have agreed with each other. In fact, you are one of the more well-rounded and level-headed people on here. I could see you throwing it in my face a bit because I was adamant that the GT would not be faster than the Shelby and that it wouldn't do better than a mid 12. I think my reasoning behind my opinion was pretty logical. So I said I would admit if I was wrong and after 5 months it appears that the GT has gotten into the low 12s and has gone faster than the Shelby. I would like to see all 6 of these cars (GT as optioned in this test, GT PP2, SS, SS 1LE, GT350, and GT350R) lined up for a complete H2H tho so we can rule out anything that could cause any doubts.
Yeah but it wasn't cool of me to call you out like that. I had originally intended it as more of a playful jab but the continued back and forth I got to hot and just lost my cool. So wanted to just man up admit I was wrong and carry on. I will still debate you on just about everything but this instance I tried making something of nothing and that's not my style. So instead of just ignoring it I wanted to make sure it was public that I was owning up to acting like an asshat lol.

it has more power...its available power is like a set kof double Ds (no matter where your face is... theyre everywhere) it has the suspension to mame it matter...(
shaffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2018, 10:41 AM   #977
Martinjlm
Retired from GM

Drives: 2017 Camaro Fifty SS Convertible
Yo shaffe…….
A8 | MRC | NPP | Nav | HUD | GM Performance CAI | Tony Mamo LT1 V2 Ported TB | Kooks 1-7/8” LT Headers | FlexFuel Tune | Thinkware Q800 Pro front and rear dash cam | Charcoal Tint for Taillights and 3rd Brakelight | Orange and Carbon Fiber Bowties | 1LE Wheels in Gunmetal Gray | Carbon Fiber Interior Overlays | Novistretch bra and mirror covers | Tow hitch for bicycle rack |

Martinjlm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2018, 12:58 PM   #978
newmoon

Drives: 2019 GT350
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeaterMan View Post
A base PP GT with A10 and 301A package( which includes drive modes) gets you all the stuff to run the magazine times for right around 39k before haggling. I have the identical car as the Evan Smith test car Minus the Magnetic suspension and paid nowhere close to a GT350 or 1LE Camaro
Looks like this one at 41k checks all the boxes. If it were in the mid 30s I might consider trading in my Boss

https://www.sandersfordsales.com/new...6P8CF5J5144304
2012 SRT Challenger 392 auto 12:40s 112 stock
2012 Ford Mustang 5.0. Brembo, 3:73s
2010 SS, LS3, Cammed, LTs, 12:20s
2004 Redfire Cobra, Pullied & Tuned
1986 GT, Ed Curtis 347ci, 11:20s motor. 10:30s 100-hp shot
newmoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2018, 02:23 PM   #979
ST1LE

Drives: E92 BMW M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martinjlm View Post
Yo shaffe…….
Indeed!
Old 05-18-2018, 02:29 PM   #980
Gunkk
Thank you Al Oppenheiser!

Drives: Red Hot A10 ZL1 Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaffe View Post
Just the cars.com and C&D are the first 3rd party tests of the A10 since the Edmunds one.
Where can I find this mythical C&D test of the A10? Is it print/subscription-only right now?
Gunkk is offline   Reply With Quote